Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: The Guppy Special Tribunal

  1. #21
    Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Baseball and Apple Pie
    Posts
    11,547

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    I will dispute the matter no further, in that case.
    And no, we didn't touch Kiev. It would be nice if you would try to make note of this on the map though. It makes everybody's lives a whole lot easier and, frankly, it looks almost like you're doing it on purpose now.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.


  2. #22
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,448

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm View Post
    I will dispute the matter no further, in that case.
    And no, we didn't touch Kiev. It would be nice if you would try to make note of this on the map though. It makes everybody's lives a whole lot easier and, frankly, it looks almost like you're doing it on purpose now.
    That's what everyone says about me IRL, too.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

  3. #23
    Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Baseball and Apple Pie
    Posts
    11,547

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    So now you've got elite units all over the place that were never noted before? How exactly does this happen?
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.


  4. #24
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,448

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm View Post
    So now you've got elite units all over the place that were never noted before? How exactly does this happen?
    It was noted before, check the main thread under "Elite Units".
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

  5. #25
    Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Baseball and Apple Pie
    Posts
    11,547

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    Not on your map it wasn't. You can't just pull these guys out of thin air after the fact when they were never mentioned in your orders.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.


  6. #26
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,448

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    OOC: I already told you, I forgot about them. They weren't pulled out of thin air if they already existed, now stop whining please.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

  7. #27
    Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Baseball and Apple Pie
    Posts
    11,547

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    First off, don't talk down to me like that, it's conduct unbecoming of somebody like you. You're better than that. I'm not whining about anything anyway. Your inconsistencies in your orders brought us into this, now it has to be sorted out, one way or another. Secondly, regardless of whether or not you forgot about them, you can't just continue to pull them out when you never noted their existence until well after the first stage of the battle was over. As far as everybody else was concerned, those elites were either in your battle line from the start, like Barry first assumed, or were never present on the field at all.

    "I have elites in Moscow!"
    "Okay, now I have elites in x, y, and z cities!"

    Do you see why this shouldn't be? One city is one thing, and it was pretty easily repaired, but when we start getting into multiple errors in deployment then we have a problem.

    Again, I'm not "whining," but I don't exactly think that this should just be allowed to slide either. All it does is make things more difficult on every player involved, including yourself.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.


  8. #28
    Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    16,466

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    Srsly, I hold a special hatred in my heart for errors of this magnitude wherever it crops up, whether it be IH or Alliance or BG. It's a royal pain in the ass to finish typing a giant battle sequence, only to realize that you have to rewrite sections (or even the entirety) of it possibly days or weeks after it was done because a player forgot some of his units when they could've been a game changer, and it's even worse when you possibly have to retcon some major events tied directly to the results of that past battle. I'll allow this one incident to slide, but that's it - in the future, if you forget that you had some units present in a battle or in a fallen city until hours or days or weeks after I type up the summary/report that it fell, I'm not going back to change the results for you, and your units will be retroactively moved elsewhere.

    @Fred While I'm not particularly angry at you or anything, needless to say this episode really is annoying. Kiev won't be a prob btw, the Crusaders haven't attacked it.

  9. #29
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,448

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm View Post
    First off, don't talk down to me like that, it's conduct unbecoming of somebody like you. You're better than that. I'm not whining about anything anyway. Your inconsistencies in your orders brought us into this, now it has to be sorted out, one way or another. Secondly, regardless of whether or not you forgot about them, you can't just continue to pull them out when you never noted their existence until well after the first stage of the battle was over. As far as everybody else was concerned, those elites were either in your battle line from the start, like Barry first assumed, or were never present on the field at all.

    "I have elites in Moscow!"
    "Okay, now I have elites in x, y, and z cities!"

    Do you see why this shouldn't be? One city is one thing, and it was pretty easily repaired, but when we start getting into multiple errors in deployment then we have a problem.

    Again, I'm not "whining," but I don't exactly think that this should just be allowed to slide either. All it does is make things more difficult on every player involved, including yourself.
    You didn't ask about elites in other cities, so I didn't tell you. It's quite a common thought process.

    @Barry: If it's easier on you I'll just ignore the existence of the elites.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

  10. #30
    Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Baseball and Apple Pie
    Posts
    11,547

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    You didn't ask about elites in other cities, so I didn't tell you. It's quite a common thought process.
    But they're your troops and should be on your orders. Why is it my responsibility to remember the size of your armies and their involvement in your orders?

    Nevertheless, Barry has spoken. I will contend no further.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.


  11. #31
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,448

    Default Re: The Guppy Special Tribunal for the Deciding of Decisions

    It's not yours, but again, I forget things. I forget my parents' birthdays, I forget my friends' names, I forget half of my homework at school, I forgot apples grew on trees once. My memory is horrible.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •