Thread: A Very Brief MTW:VI Let's Play

Default A Very Brief MTW:VI Let's Play

I hope that it's ok to post this here, I thought that you might enjoy this. Once I have finished my other Total War LP's I would eventually like to do a full blown MTW campaign as the Byzantines or someone like that.

MTW:VI Playlist

Default Re: A Very Brief MTW:VI Let's Play

Great to see something about good old MTW.

And Byzanz would be a good choice for a long grand campaign. In the middle between the catholics and the muslims. Leading them to glory was one of my most memorable MTW-campaigns.

Either them or a muslim faction like Egypt or Almohads. Cause they might face many crusading armies marching through North Africa. The AI-factions seem to get destroyed always. Could get very interesting when watching a human player avoiding this.

Very nice to see this. It brings me back. +rep

A shame you can't fight the battles, though. They are the most interesting facet of MTW I, imo.

Still, keep up the nice campaign work!

"The only good rebel is a dead rebel."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    A shame you can't fight the battles, though. They are the most interesting facet of MTW I, imo.
    Now that I have my desktop I can fight the battles which I will be doing when I have finished my Rome Total War campaign.

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Keep up the good work man, this game ROCKS!
    Last edited by GeorgiBG; March 06, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Wow, thanks for all the support, I didn't expect to recieve this support. I'm very tempted to start a Byzantine campaign now!

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

With what mod you are playing? I will be very grateful to you If you start with Bulgaria one little campaign. But Byzantia is also a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiBG View Post
    With what mod you are playing? I will be very grateful to you If you start with Bulgaria one little campaign. But Byzantia is also a good choice.
    I hadn't really thought about using a mod. I don't really know what mods are available for MTW. Are there any that you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldentoad View Post
    I hadn't really thought about using a mod. I don't really know what mods are available for MTW. Are there any that you suggest?
    For the addition of many more factions and units: MTW XL 3.0

For an experience closer to vanilla, but with some key adjustments: Caravel Mod 3.3

(Also notice in the Caravel description that you can add a whole bunch of neat things to your shortcut, such as "green_generals," which prevents a deceased general from being replaced by one with the same stats, and the "-ian" switch that allows you to play different factions within the same campaign (good for roleplaying.))

Hope that helps. And looking forward to Byzantium.

Another mod would be BKB Super mod. It has many unique factions and even some different provinces when changing the era to fit the starting positions of the many factions even more. And it has a greatly expanded building browser. So a good mod for people who love the campaign map aspect of the game.
    The only setback for me (when playing it years ago) was the campaign map look - seemed somewhat unfinished.
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-BKB-Super-Mod

But whether you want to use a mod or not is your preference. The unmodded vanilla-game is solid enough imho so you can straight start with a Byzantine Letīs play.

p.s. But when watching your Saxon campaign I think that one with the Vikings (and battles this time) would also rock. They were the most interesting VI-faction with the ability to plunder coastal provinces and the option of convert to Christianity.

Very good then.