Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod]The King of Rivers and Hills. NEW PREVIEW, page 6 post 113.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    Dux, may I ask where the menù splash screen comes from? I cannot find it anywhere.
    Great work BTW, the banners are very impressive
    Thanks, the splash is from enhanced I believe. Noobas created the banners, be sure to +rep him as well.

About the timescale, well we haven't made a decision about it. I was thinking to keep it the same as the main mod and keep Ged's(? not sure) script for years and seasons (once in 10 years a chance of winter).
    Last edited by Dux; April 01, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: [Submod]The King of Rivers and Hills. NEW PREVIEW, page 6 post 118.

i supose that 10 would work, i just liked the idea of having more of an andal takeover that would take several years, also Dux is it only unit cards that need making? i love the new banners, they look really profesional and complex good job team
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

on the banners,

regarding the new ones, actually the base was made by Cedric37 and i just played with colors and applied the sigils..so all credit goes to him..

all the other ones, as you might already know, were made by Edric Storm
    Last edited by Noobio; April 01, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    on the banners,

regarding the new ones, actually the base was made by Cedric37 and i just played with colors and applied the sigils..so all credit goes to him..

all the other ones, as you might already know, were made by Edric Storm
    Sure they deserve credit. But don't dismiss your own work so easily

well, to each his own

Well everybody, (I'm sure Dux won't mind me saying) we're getting pretty close to release on this sub-mod. Seriously if you can make sure send some more rep towards Dux, Noobas and Prophet for the amazing stuff they've been doing. I thought I'd do a tiny little preview of my own work to fill the gap and cater to those who want to know a little about the background, so may I present the House Hoare faction Bio. (Yes I know it's not as pretty as pictures)

After the annihilation of House Greyiron by the Andal settlers, House Hoare was given the Seastone chair of the Iron Islands by the kingsmoot. However, rather than returning to the ‘Old Way’ the Hoares declared the title to be hereditary, causing tension within the islands. Ever since, the Ironborn have been raiding along the Western coast of Westeros seizing whatever they wish at the cost of the Iron price.

The current High King is Qhored Hoare, some even go so far as to claim that he is the avatar of the Drowned God himself. A born leader and widely considered to be the greatest captain to ever ply the seas, the Iroborn have entered into a new Golden Age under his rule.

Leaving his heir at Orkmont, Qhored and his second son, Dagmer Hoare, have taken the bulk of the Ironborn forces south, seizing The Arbor and conducting raids along the Reach’s coasts. However Dagmer’s recent capture of Sunhouse, and his drowning of the entire household, may have been a step too far, provoking House Gardener into calling its banners against the Ironborn. In the North, Terrence Blacktyde has split his forces into two, sending a small force to garrison Bear Island whilst the he leads his soldiers to the Rills. From these positions the Ironborn can launch raids against both Stark and Bolton forces whilst both are distracted by each other. For the first time the Ironborn can truly claim to that all the western coast of Westeros where the salt of the sea can be smelled or heard the crashing of waves are under their control. However, whether they can hold their territories remains to be seen.

Once again rep the three guys, the stuff they've done in the time frame is absolutely fabulous.

Lead Writer on:
    The War of the Usurper Submod
    King of Rivers and Hills Submod

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by luke1608 View Post
    Well everybody, (I'm sure Dux won't mind me saying) we're getting pretty close to release on this sub-mod. Seriously if you can make sure send some more rep towards Dux, Noobas and Prophet for the amazing stuff they've been doing. I thought I'd do a tiny little preview of my own work to fill the gap and cater to those who want to know a little about the background, so may I present the House Hoare faction Bio. (Yes I know it's not as pretty as pictures)

After the annihilation of House Greyiron by the Andal settlers, House Hoare was given the Seastone chair of the Iron Islands by the kingsmoot. However, rather than returning to the ‘Old Way’ the Hoares declared the title to be hereditary, causing tension within the islands. Ever since, the Ironborn have been raiding along the Western coast of Westeros seizing whatever they wish at the cost of the Iron price.

The current High King is Qhored Hoare, some even go so far as to claim that he is the avatar of the Drowned God himself. A born leader and widely considered to be the greatest captain to ever ply the seas, the Iroborn have entered into a new Golden Age under his rule.

Leaving his heir at Orkmont, Qhored and his second son, Dagmer Hoare, have taken the bulk of the Ironborn forces south, seizing The Arbor and conducting raids along the Reach’s coasts. However Dagmer’s recent capture of Sunhouse, and his drowning of the entire household, may have been a step too far, provoking House Gardener into calling its banners against the Ironborn. In the North, Terrence Blacktyde has split his forces into two, sending a small force to garrison Bear Island whilst the he leads his soldiers to the Rills. From these positions the Ironborn can launch raids against both Stark and Bolton forces whilst both are distracted by each other. For the first time the Ironborn can truly claim to that all the western coast of Westeros where the salt of the sea can be smelled or heard the crashing of waves are under their control. However, whether they can hold their territories remains to be seen.

Once again rep the three guys, the stuff they've done in the time frame is absolutely fabulous.
    marveluous i like it rep for you god sir

Karazor's Avatar Miles

question : are you guys gonna realese previews like the westeros team weakly , or just when you can and want?

I think we'll probably do it whenever we fancy for the most part.

Lead Writer on:

Gaming Emeritus

True

A weekly preview doesn't make much sense as the first release is getting close.

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    True

A weekly preview doesn't make much sense as the first release is getting close.
    exactly how close a month , 2 weeks , 1 weekk maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Karazor View Post
    exactly how close a month , 2 weeks , 1 weekk maybe?
    Let's just say sometime, roughly before the main mod comes out

Lead Writer on:

Karazor's Avatar Miles

don't want to impose more stuff on you or something but could you make hause Darklyn a faction in the mod cuz it's stated in the books they were once king's of duskendale and Cracklaw point

btw...i guess this one day "should" evolve into having like 30 playable petty-kings factions! haha could be fun

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    btw...i guess this one day "should" evolve into having like 30 playable petty-kings factions! haha could be fun
    i'm not sayng : hay let's flood westeros with petty kings , but i saw in one of the previews that the stormland faction controlled the crownlands , and that seem to many setlement's for them even if the majority of theyr setlements ar forts, but it wouldn't be bad to have at least 13 or 12 factions in the game

no, i'm saying it haha If this gets established as a submod, why not? as future releases are gonna get piled up ? this timeframe would be the only compatible, with such a scenario..could be fun..start with a "kingdom" of 2-3 max provinces and carve an empire

i always thought that the age of heroes might be more compatable with that idea
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Well not to reveal too much, but we have had some discussion about future prospects with some rather juicy stuff in the Dev forum.

Lead Writer on:

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Karazor View Post
    don't want to impose more stuff on you or something but could you make hause Darklyn a faction in the mod cuz it's stated in the books they were once king's of duskendale and Cracklaw point
    Well, let's just say that if some more people could join in the mod and help out with all the scripting and writing and all releases would come more quickly and with more factions.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Gaming Emeritus

It is done when its done. All I can say is that a release is getting close, as in one week but maybe a bit more.