Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

Ofc i knew that.

Still, people who know even less about that timeframe than me or who haven`t read every statement made here might be confused.

I`d make Hoare grey and yronwood a bronze color. This would set them apart nicely, i think.

And very nice to hear that! A submod that doesn`t just change the timeframe but also the feel and the pace of the game is wonderful.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills/Kings of Westeros. New Update First post.

id use more different yellows for baratheon and yronwood, and something completely different for hoare. the CoA has a lot of colors, just reversing the colors would work.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    id use more different yellows for baratheon and yronwood, and something completely different for hoare. the CoA has a lot of colors, just reversing the colors would work.
    i second this..it's kinna confusing as it is now

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    Reversed colors would just be the Greyjoy colors.

I'll think of something else.

could house hoare be any of the colours on there emblem?

so blue yellow white or black?
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Gaming Emeritus

Yes a combination of those colors. I'm thinking of giving the yellow it has now a blue border or making them blue with a yellow border. Or black with blue border or reversed. There are several possibilities, suggestions?

Yronwood could perhaps use a bronze color, the banner on this menu is clearly bronze while the banner on the wiki is yellow. I'll experiment a bit.

you will have to make a bronze that will be clearly diffrent to martell's orange, also with hoare i really like the sound of blue but dosn't sound very 'raiderish' so i would stay with main colours of either black or yellow

Karazor's Avatar Miles

dux you said if in the future you can add 3 or 2 more factions, who would they be?if u cand say some posibilities please i'm verry curious

no he didn't say 2-3 new factions he said 2-3 factions for every existing faction

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yes a combination of those colors. I'm thinking of giving the yellow it has now a blue border or making them blue with a yellow border. Or black with blue border or reversed. There are several possibilities, suggestions?

Yronwood could perhaps use a bronze color, the banner on this menu is clearly bronze while the banner on the wiki is yellow. I'll experiment a bit.
    Why not dark grey (for the chains) combined with yellow or blue.

I'm also curios if you decided on which factions to add dux You never said which they would be exactly, just which are the possible factions.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Most of the important petty kings,think of them.I am sure you will know
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Well, it was stated that there are lists that include 2 or 3 possible new factions for every region- So a lot more than 2 or 3. And i doubt that they would spoil them just now.

A few educated guesses can be made under these assumptions, though:

-They want to include many petty kingdoms.
    -They will likely want to split the largest factions somewhat up in order to achieve that petty kingdoms feeling.
    -The a.i is pretty dumb and will backstab even close allies if there`s no viable enemy target bordering them. Ofc, that doesn`t mean that only houses that border an enemy have a chance to appear- The Backstabbing could very well be wanted in some cases.
    -Some Houses have an ancient history, are well known and liked by the fans.
    -The Gameplay is also important, so factions with something unique about them or with an interesting starting position are more likely to appear.

Based on these assumptions a few educated guesses for new factions:

-House Dayne of Starfall. Would be allied to the Yronwoods and would border the Tyrells, House Martell and often also house Hoare. House Dayne is also very well liked by many.

-House Hightower. Oldtown is the oldest city in westeros and the most populous during that time. (Remember Kings Landing wasn`t even yet founded.) They were also petty kings at one time, mayhaps even during that time- I`m not sure. In Terms of Gameplay they would be allied to house Gardener (Or independent) and would border house Hoare and, just one province away if not more are added, house Yronwood/Dayne.

-House Manderly. They originated from the Reach and were driven away by house Gardener. Well, that makes them an ideal choice for a faction since it would create a new independent faction which would oppose and therefore weaken house Gardener.

Well, that`s enough speculation. Speculation about new factions before the mod is even released, tz!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Why not dark grey (for the chains) combined with yellow or blue.

I'm also curios if you decided on which factions to add dux You never said which they would be exactly, just which are the possible factions.
    Dark grey sounds good.

I haven't said a decision has been made yet, just that there were lists.

Lord Inquisitor has some good guesses for the Reach and Dorne area. But there are more regions.

Because, at least for me, that would be the most obvious choices.
    For the other regions there are just too many possibilities. It can be reasonably assumed that the biggest powerhouses at the moment will get some of their regions taken away- If i put my mind to it, i could find several likely candidates. But why should i do all the guessing? Ok, one more: The sisters might be a viable choice. They are in a very good spot to annoy both the arryns and the northmen and IIRC the sisters were independent for a long time until subjugated. Even if i should remember it wrong they would be detached enough from the affairs of the other factions to become a faction on their own, albeit a weak one. (Though with an interesting position) They could be the Freys of this submod. Much weaker, thought to be pretty unimportant, but with a lot of potential.

Also had a little help by the OP: Yronwood, Dayne and Martell battling over Dorne.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; April 16, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

It's so nice to be on the other side of speculation... Albeit only slightly....

But I'll assure you there has been a lot of thought put into petty kingdoms by the development team, a couple in particular that I'd really like to write for.

Lead Writer on:
    The War of the Usurper Submod
    King of Rivers and Hills Submod

meanwhile at Pyke

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great job !

+REP

Little guess for the North : The Greystark, allied to the Bolton and ennemy of the Stark. And/or the Karstark/Umber, allied to the Stark.

For the Riverlands, I suppose Blacktree and Bracken.
    Last edited by Deathshade; April 17, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Karazor's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    meanwhile at Pyke

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    so does this mean in this mod religion will have an actual rol and we'l have drownedpriests septons and so on ?

i want to answer but dux should

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Karazor View Post
    so does this mean in this mod religion will have an actual rol and we'l have drownedpriests septons and so on ?
    Yes. The only thing I'm going to say about it is that the old gods will not have access to priests.