Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unit Editor

Default Re: Unit Editor

If I wanted to, lets say mod a units morale E.g the knights of santiago what would I have to mod? thanks

please fix this soon and will it allow me to say strip out units from one mod and add them into another mod?

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

It's been updated.

Hi ! Great work! A lot of thanks! I could not find the editor by address. SOS! Please help me!

Thanks! Found!

Your editor can't find EDU. Is it because of my stupidity? Please, explain.

My regards. Don't consider me mad. Once I pressed a load button and got a bug-programm instead of desired one. Now I am extreamly accurate as paranoic.

Won't edit anything except Vanilla, what gives? Am I doing something wrong?
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

ThatOtherGuy's Avatar Tiro
    Denver or Seattle, Depends on the time of year.

As one of those users who seems to get the crap end of luck with program functionality, I have a head ache of a situation here.

So after being beaten silly with adding units the old fashion way, I decided to give your program a shot to see if would ease my pain. So I installed the Retrofit Mod for a test base and installed 100% clean files in the directory.

Then I loaded the folder into your program and sure as fate had in store for me, it give me a error message: "Huge Error! There was a error when loading the files. Manually investigate the error using the help of the log ect, ect, ect." So I did and it spewed this out at me as the only errors I could find:

[Error] Mount 'english armoured horse' has no entry in the battle_models file.
    [Error] Mount 'english barded horse' has no entry in the battle_models file.
    [Error] Mount 'french barded horse' has no entry in the battle_models file.
    [Error] Mount 'french heavy horse' has no entry in the battle_models file.
    I searched the whole place to find the solution and had no luck. Any ideas on what is causing this plague?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Check for those entries in descr_mount. It simply notifies you that those mount definitions do not have the required counterpart in the modeldb. Example:

Code:
    type                fast pony ; - the mount name -
    class                horse
    model                Mount_Fast_Pony ; - the model in the modelDB file -
    radius                1.8
    x_radius            0.8
    You are most likely using a descr_mount file from a kingdoms campaign and a 'vanilla' based modeldb - it's not a critical error as long as that mount isn't used in the EDU. Simply commenting out that entry in descr_mounts should stop the error message.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

it won't work for TATW submods

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

I can't run unit editor, it says: "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this aplication". But I have net framework 4, what's wrong?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

First of all thank you for this tool, it's stable and even fun to use! I have only one problem :

in the section ""sholdier" , under the details you have the model ( pic 1 ) that in the EDU file is the line "sholdier" . This line is for what animation the unit will have. The models that the unit uses are in the line "model" of the EDU file. The unit editor takes the "sholdier" line model and replace with it the first model from the "model" line in the EDU ( pic 2 ) . You have a note: the first upgradee is the unit model but in the created EDU file the first model of the unit is the one from the "sholdier" section. I hope i make you to understand my problem with my poor english. is there a way to fix this? thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg  
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 18, 2014 at 05:31 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Pics that show better the problem i have with the unit checker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unit checker 1.jpg   unit checker 2.jpg   unit checker 3.jpg   unit checker 4.jpg  

recommended to me by gigantus, i just have a fast look on tool and i find it a first class tool! gj man!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Pics that show better the problem i have with the unit checker
    I see what you mean.

It appears that for some reason the unit checker replaces the bmdb entry used for the model with the one used for the animations.

soldier = animations only

armor_ug_models = models and textures only

So one should not overwrite the other.
    Last edited by Taiji; May 08, 2014 at 05:08 PM.

seems like a great tool, been able to make a few new units and get them in game (without it crashing~ LoL) descriptions too but for some reason they just do not show in the select units for custom battles screen (do I just have click a box or something I stupidly do not see?)

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Under Ownership you'll see the different eras listed. Still they ought to show up if you select the 'all' era in the custom battle settings menu.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So I have a problem, when I try to add a new model I need to select a faction but pressing the button left to Faction List so I can select the faction doesn't work, the list doesn't appear, and it previously worked as I successfully added 1 new model... I installed 4.5 net framework that didn't help, any ideas please?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any help, anyone, please

I've tried uninstalling net framework(s), installing again, updating java, redownloaded the tool and reextracted, tried loading different mods, using the tool from another user on my laptop, I don't know what else to do
    Last edited by Vipman; June 04, 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast