Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Patch notice - 003

1.0.14 - 13th March 2012

This patch has been withdrawn, see replacement here.

Last edited by Gigantus; March 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

These files are missing, which cause a crash when loading a battle involving Dark Elf Sorceresses

DE_mages_atta.texture
    DE_mages_atta_norm.texture

I don't know if it is just my installations of your version (I have one extra for backup files), but reporting it anyway so you can double check.

If anyone has the same issue and still has the original 1.5 installation, copy the two files from the DE_mages folder in data/unit_models,_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model to the same path in the new installation.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else...but since applying the new patch a lot of the empire units textures are really messed up...here's a pic...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see they are all really dark and what not...I tried reinstalling and messing with video options but nothing gives...Anyone else encounter this problem or just me?

Those textures suffered size reduction (375 textures from 1178MB to 293MB). That's how it happening.

@Gigantus
    Perhaps you should keep texture reduction to a separate optional add-on, because I think many people have no problem playing with those huge textures.

PS.Now I need someone to upload the good ol ' HQ textures fore me. XP

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I will sort that for the upcoming patch, thanks for pointing it out. Any other banners apart from the DE faction?
    Kislev has symbol from Lithuania
    Rebels have symbol from vannila
    Reikland has other symbol like in original 1.5 version released by COW team
    Some symbols of factions(like Khorne) are brighter and more colourful but it doesn't mean that are worse.

I have checked the map_ground_types file and there is indeed a passage to the South.
    Nice maybe now Chaos Dwarfs will behave more reasonable and agressive.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; March 13, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.InTeLeX View Post
    Those textures suffered size reduction (375 textures from 1178MB to 293MB). That's how it happening.

@Gigantus
    Perhaps you should keep texture reduction to a separate optional add-on, because I think many people have no problem playing with those huge textures.

PS.Now I need someone to upload the good ol ' HQ textures fore me. XP

Ah...thanks...I had a feeling that was what it was but was not quite sure...But yeah like Mr.InTeLeX said...my computer among many others I am sure can handle the high ones...Hopefully Gig or someone can release the HQ textures cause these ones really kill the game for me...Half the time free company has see-through heads and what not!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nobody needs to release anything. They are in your mod folder. Just dont replace the textures, thats all. Install the patch somewhere else and copy paste everything except the textures.

Blog Entries

My apologies for the graphics mess, I wasn't aware that happened - apparently it is the normal map that didn't convert properly. the reduction for the strat models went fine, hence my too optimistic attempt to achieve the same with the model models.

I will remove that patch and just provide the other fixes.

It will be easiest to re-install the base installation from the first post into another folder and then simply copy over the sub folders (5) of the unit_models folder (I think the modelDB file has been edited). The siege engine fix will not be effected by that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 13, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

Icon5 Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Hi, I'm just installing this now and I wanted to know if this will affect any other mods, ie. is it mod-foldered?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    These files are missing, which cause a crash when loading a battle involving Dark Elf Sorceresses

DE_mages_atta.texture
    DE_mages_atta_norm.texture

I don't know if it is just my installations of your version (I have one extra for backup files), but reporting it anyway so you can double check.

If anyone has the same issue and still has the original 1.5 installation, copy the two files from the DE_mages folder in data/unit_models,_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model to the same path in the new installation.
    I just checked in the modelDB and such files are not called from there. If you are talking about 'DE_mages_diff' and 'DE_mages_norm' - those are the same as from CoW 1.4.4, down to the date.
    Code:
    8 DE_mages 
    1 1 
    71 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_lod0.mesh 6400 
    5 slave 
    74 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_diff.texture 
    74 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture 
    38 unit_sprites/slave_DE_mages_sprite.spr 
    7 mongols 
    74 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture 
    40 unit_sprites/mongols_DE_mages_sprite.spr 
    5 slave 
    74 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture 0  
    7 mongols 
    74 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dark_elf/model/DE_mages/DE_mages_norm.texture 0  
    4 None
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers View Post
    Hi, I'm just installing this now and I wanted to know if this will affect any other mods, ie. is it mod-foldered?
    Any mod that is issued after the release of the kingdoms expansion and is not mod foldered should be crucified.
    In short: yes, of course it's mod foldered.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 13, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Thank you very much, this mod looks awesome!!

Blog Entries

Patch notice - 004

!!! This is a re-issue of patch 003 without the faulty textures and with added strat banner corrections !!!

1.0.15 - 14th March 2012

• - Fixed path finding issue with Chaos Dwarfs
    • - Fixed strat banner for DE, Kislev, Rebels
    • - Added files to correct the bug of the 'Anvil of Doom' unit
    • - Corrected error in EDB "faction hungary has gap in building prior to market_5"
    • - Corrected absolute path reference in descr_projectiles
    • - Reduced large sized battle model textures for better stability (375 textures from 1178MB to 293MB)

See second post for download link

Are there no scripted battles in 1.5 or creators change it's mechanics? playing Reikland, turn 18, and there are no usuall battles for Averheim, Wolfenburg and others, like it was in the 1.4.4. Orcs arriving at Auwersvald as it must be, goblins to Hergig, but i didnt got any support armies. Is it my bad install or there should be no spawn armies like for empire? Mercenaries and heroes spawns as it suppose to be.

I saw such small topic, but there was no answer

Hey there,

I appreciate the work you're doing. Thank you, Gigantus

But unfortunatly I have to report a crash. I am currently playing the reikland campaign. At the beginning there's an ork army sieging Auerswald. After defeating these orks the game crashes right before the loading screen for the campaign map should appear. I can let the computer "fight" this battle, but this leads to unnecessary losses and kills the fun.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hey there,

But unfortunatly I have to report a crash. I am currently playing the reikland campaign. At the beginning there's an ork army sieging Auerswald. After defeating these orks the game crashes right before the loading screen for the campaign map should appear. I can let the computer "fight" this battle, but this leads to unnecessary losses and kills the fun.

Thanks in advance
    that was happening for when was playing 1.4.4. and had an old pc had a lot of lag. dont know could it be releated, but sometimes ctd appeared for me too, after Auerswald siege. No, with 1.5 and new pc, everyting went smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilihelm View Post
    that was happening for when was playing 1.4.4. and had an old pc had a lot of lag. dont know could it be releated, but sometimes ctd appeared for me too, after Auerswald siege. No, with 1.5 and new pc, everyting went smooth.
    hmmm, pc should be good enough (i5, 8Gb ram, radeon HD 6850,...), no lags so far....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vilihelm View Post
    Are there no scripted battles in 1.5 or creators change it's mechanics? playing Reikland, turn 18, and there are no usuall battles for Averheim, Wolfenburg and others, like it was in the 1.4.4. Orcs arriving at Auwersvald as it must be, goblins to Hergig, but i didnt got any support armies. Is it my bad install or there should be no spawn armies like for empire? Mercenaries and heroes spawns as it suppose to be.

I saw such small topic, but there was no answer
    I have to assume that changes have taken place in the script - I didn't change anything, just added the 'Hide UI' script to it. Did the usual 'assassin choice' come up in the first round? (Just to see if the script runs at all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hey there,

Thanks in advance
    Please check the 'Error reporting' section in the first post and then submit your log, please.

I have to assume that changes have taken place in the script - I didn't change anything, just added the 'Hide UI' script to it. Did the usual 'assassin choice' come up in the first round? (Just to see if the script runs at all).
    Yea, everything appears in the begining as should be - assasin's disable question, later information about the orcs at the border..just no empire spawn armies for me for example if orcs besieging Auerswald, in 1.4.4 there was full stuck of soldiers spawn inside city - now its gone.. maybe at least someone can approve, that scripts were changed or that it is just the same and only me have problems

Blog Entries

The script is changed, that much I know - additional special units to be hired as an example. I am not sure to the extent.

Please check the 'Error reporting' section in the first post and then submit your log, please.
    There you go

Thx