Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Maha Moggalana View Post
    I love your work with the 1.5 , but somehow I can't play runelord aka anvil of doom without a crash .
    Can you play runelord at custom battle in your pc ?
    Sorry, I never tried custom battles but I vaguely remembered something about custom battles and settlements (not sure if it was in CoW)
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalkboy View Post
    Removed hash from trace and added to error as instructed in the first post then went to the medevil systems logs folder and it is similar to the last log. This time it crashed trying to load an autosave. It worked perfectly for two hours this morning It was awsome!!!. Then I came back and the same crash happened before it had chance to load the campaign map up, whereas before it was on battle mode. The version is 1.0.08 and Iam playing as the dwarves. I have attached my log, but it will probably be no good as it looks similar to the last one, iam positive I followed the error log repor on post 1. thanks Gigantus
    The error line in the log suggests that you haven't installed all patches (or perhaps in the wrong sequence).
    Did you save the changed CFG file after making the changes?

hi there gig thank you so much for your work in this version of the game i been 15 turns and 2 ctd whereas before i was every 2 turns like clockwork on orginal within 10 turns. i think this is bug or scripting error regarding building edu or something i let you take a look i post the log as attachment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    hi there gig thank you so much for your work in this version of the game i been 15 turns and 2 ctd whereas before i was every 2 turns like clockwork on orginal within 10 turns. i think this is bug or scripting error regarding building edu or something i let you take a look i post the log as attachment.
    It's not a fatal error, but it shouldn't be there. Please check on the first page the 'Error Reporting' to get a more detailed log and then submit again.

Did you install all the patches from the second post in numerical order?

Yes I installed in numerical order and saved the CFG file after swithching the hash around. I read somwhere to move it to your desktop when running windows 7 tried that aswell and saved, but the log was still the same in the Medevil 2 log folder. Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Cowman View Post
    Hey, yeah I was having the same problem too. I'm also on Gigantus' version with both patches on Windows 7 64 bit.

I checked the "descr_projectile" file and found that the entries for the Goblin Doom Diver Catapult, Earthshaker Cannon and Death Rocket pointed to the wrong projectile model. In my file, they all pointed to "mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/models_missile" for the model - whereas it should now be "mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/models_missile" as they've changed the mod folder name.

So I just changed "Call_of_Warhammer" to "Rage_of_dark_Gods" for the three entries: "projectile goblin_new", "projectile earthshaker_new" and "projectile death_rocket". Seems to work fine for me now, so hopefully does for you guys too !

It's working very well, but not fixing Anvil of Doom. Anyone have idea?

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Argh! Today when I was about to continue my High Elf campaign every time I tried to load the game (it would load up all the way...also had 4 saves spread out none of them worked...) but then it would close and say "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!" "Closing the gates to save our souls!" What kind of error msg is that!? And has anyone ever had this problem before?

That seemed to have worked for me although it did not work upon loading my old saved game. so I started a new campaign and it was spot on. Hopfully it continues !! Thankyou

Blog Entries

Quick Fix 20120308 - RodG - descr_projectiles
    - a crash\save game problem is apparently caused by the absolute folder references of siege model CAS files
    - fixed by correcting the path
    See second post for attachment

1 seed (

I suppose I know why Anvil of Doom cause errors. There is no unit "anvilofdoom" in "export_descr_unit" file. Maybe this is normal, I'm not a professional

Cowman's Avatar Laetus

The Anvil of Doom is under the "Runelords" entry in the EDU pretty sure. I think the problem might have something to do with the "banner_anvil" texture file pointed to in the "banner faction" line. Changing this to something else like "main_infantry" or "main_missile" allows me to load the unit and use it in battles, but obviously I'm missing out on the unique Anvil banner.

I'm definitely no expert either, and I'm sure this isn't a great fix to the problem, but as long as it doesn't crash when I try to use the unit it'll do me for now...until someone more experienced comes up with the solution .

Inconsistent's Avatar Miles

Crashes during a fight with Goblins as Dwarves.
    Last edited by Inconsistent; March 08, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
    I think I'm funny.

Blog Entries

Everything seems to be in place for the 'anvil of doom' including the required meshes and textures:

data\text\export_units
    {Runelords}Anvil of Doom

data\export_descr_units
    Code:
    type             Runelords
    dictionary       Runelords
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       general
    banner faction   banner_anvil
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Runelords, 4, 1, 2
    engine           anvilofdoom
    attributes       sea_faring, hardy, can_withdraw, cannon, artillery, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted
    formation        1.5, 1.5, 3, 3, 3, square
    stat_health      2, 0
    stat_pri         8, 7, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         20, 40, rune, 366, 80, siege_missile, artillery_gunpowder, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    ap, bp, area, launching
    stat_pri_armour  10, 6, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        0
    stat_ground      0, -2, -4, 1
    stat_mental      8, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        4, 10000, 2000, 200, 100, 10000, 2, 600
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models Runelords
    ownership        poland
    info_pic_dir     merc
    ;card_pic_dir     allgemein
    recruit_priority_offset    10
    data\descr_banners_new
    Code:
          <Banner Name="banner_anvil" MainMesh="data\banners\main_general.mesh" MiniMesh="data\banners\mini_infantry.mesh" GeneralMesh="data\banners\main_general.mesh" BuildingMesh="data\banners\main_spear.mesh" EffectOffsetX="0.0" EffectOffsetY="8.1" EffectOffsetZ="0.0">
             <Textures>
                <Texture Faction="Merc" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil_trans.texture"/>
                <Texture Faction="Rebels" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil_trans.texture"/>
                <Texture Faction="Slave" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil_trans.texture"/>
                <Texture Faction="Poland" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\banner_anvil_trans.texture"/>
             </Textures>
    data\descr_projectiles
    Code:
    projectile rune

effect             greek_water_set
    end_effect                greek_water_ground_impact_set
    end_man_effect            greek_water_man_impact_set
    end_package_effect        greek_water_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_effect        greek_water_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_man_effect        greek_water_man_impact_set
    end_shatter_package_effect    greek_water_ground_impact_set

area_effect        ae_greek_fire

damage            0
    damage_to_troops 1
    radius            1.0
    mass            1.5
    area            1.0
    accuracy_vs_units    0.005
    min_angle        45
    max_angle        90
    prefer_high
    velocity    60 30
    ground_shatter
    body_piercing        
    display        aimed
    effect_only

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsistent View Post
    Crashes during a fight with Goblins as Dwarves.
    Please check the 'Error reporting' section in the first post and then submit a trace log - this one doesn't help

Wait is this " Stand Alone " i mean i only download this and i can play ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowman View Post
    Changing this to something else like "main_infantry" or "main_missile" allows me to load the unit and use it in battles, but obviously I'm missing out on the unique Anvil banner.
    May Sigmar protect you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind View Post
    Wait is this " Stand Alone " i mean i only download this and i can play ?
    Yup, but I would suggest to apply the patches in the second post as well.

Originally Posted by Cowman
    Changing this to something else like "main_infantry" or "main_missile" allows me to load the unit and use it in battles, but obviously I'm missing out on the unique Anvil banner
    I just checked the mesh files with Notepad (remembering the mess with the strat model meshes) and found that the main_general mesh file has as default "Banners/textures/Faction_banner_saxons.texture" whereas all other 'main' meshes have "Banners/textures/Faction_banner_england.texture" as default. If my theory is valid, then a simple addition of the 'vanilla' saxons textures into the data\banners\textures folder should solve this mystery.
    Attached are those two files, if someone could test my theory please, I am a little stretched to test this. Enclosed is also the original descr_banners_new file as well - just as a back up.

To sum it up: Extract the ZIP file. Copy the two texture files into data\banners\textures.
    If you have altered the descr_banners_new file according to Cowman, make a copy of your file. Then copy the attached one into the data folder of RodG.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 09, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

congrats gigan uncle.

Cowman's Avatar Laetus

Hey Gigantus - tested the files, but doesn't seem to do it unfortunately . Still crashes on the loading screen before the battle.
    If you have altered the descr_banners_new file according to Cowman, make a copy of your file
    I was actually editing the export_descr_unit file when I changed the banner line for runelords from "banner_anvil" to "main_infantry" or "main_missile". Haven't touched the descr_banners_new file lol should i have :S?