Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus, regarding my above texture problem, did you change the battlemod.db entry and combine the sorceress textures into a single file? I'm using the battlemod.db from the original release with your version (mine has dozens of new entries and many alterations). I just checked my original 1.5 folders and they have the attachment entries, but your version doesn't.

I think I answered my own question there, but can you confirm so I know to include those attachment textures in my submod when I release.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Gigantus, regarding my above texture problem, did you change the battlemod.db entry and combine the sorceress textures into a single file? I'm using the battlemod.db from the original release with your version (mine has dozens of new entries and many alterations). I just checked my original 1.5 folders and they have the attachment entries, but your version doesn't.

I think I answered my own question there, but can you confirm so I know to include those attachment textures in my submod when I release.
    I can't recall messing around with the modeldb - maybe I utilized a 'fixed' one....

Edit: just checked - it's the same entry as in 1.4.4 (haven't got the original 1.5 installed)

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    There you go Thx
    Good attempt, but this is an error log - you need to follow the steps on how to change it to a trace log (here the last error is a full six minutes before the crash - an eternity in log terms).
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Good attempt, but this is an error log - you need to follow the steps on how to change it to a trace log (here the last error is a full six minutes before the crash - an eternity in log terms).
    ok, changed config to trace, replayed the siege battle, but no crash this time (the first time for this scripted battle, very strange).

If this error occurs again (at some other point) i'll upload tho log file.

Thx for your patience

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Rebels still have vanilla symbols but it looks better then in COW
    Chaos Dwarfes moved from their position so it's nice!

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

New patch fixes all the textures stuff from last time so thanks gig!

Have one minor question for you or anyone else who can answer it though...I noticed while fighting that whenever the "main" general dies on either side (my side or the AI) that the game will no longer "zoom" in on it while he dies...(same thing happens when walls or gates are destroyed) I prefer this option to be on but somehow it is now off (all I get is that msg to the left of your screen saying he has died)

Anyone know how to turn it back on? Not a huge deal but like I said...id prefer it to be on

Gigantus , I install 1.5 + patch 001 + patch 002 + patch 003
    But now 003 removed for some faults .

Do i need reinstall everything except patch 003 and install the patch 004 ? Or just install the patch 004 ?

BTW , thank for the anvil of doom fix , now i can see how powerful they are .
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    Rebels still have vanilla symbols but it looks better then in COW
    Chaos Dwarfes moved from their position so it's nice!
    Could you give me a screenshot which symbol and a replacement suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    New patch fixes all the textures stuff from last time so thanks gig!

Have one minor question for you or anyone else who can answer it though...I noticed while fighting that whenever the "main" general dies on either side (my side or the AI) that the game will no longer "zoom" in on it while he dies...(same thing happens when walls or gates are destroyed) I prefer this option to be on but somehow it is now off (all I get is that msg to the left of your screen saying he has died)

Anyone know how to turn it back on? Not a huge deal but like I said...id prefer it to be on
    You should have this entry in your main CFG file (medieval2.preference.cfg), please check:
    [game]
    event_cutscenes = 1

If it shows a zero, then either delete the medieval2.preference file to generate a new one or copy the cut_scene line into the RodG's cfg file
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha Moggalana View Post
    Gigantus , I install 1.5 + patch 001 + patch 002 + patch 003
    But now 003 removed for some faults .

Do i need reinstall everything except patch 003 and install the patch 004 ? Or just install the patch 004 ?

BTW , thank for the anvil of doom fix , now i can see how powerful they are .
    If you don't have any problems with the battle textures only install patch 004, there are some minor additions. Otherwise re-install RodG (simply run the install again, no need to delete anything) and then apply patch 001, 002 and 004.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 14, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks again Gig! Everything is perfect now!

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Yours:

Original COW one:
    [/URL]

Hey,

first of all I want to thank you for your support :

I had an ctd during a battle against a group of chaos dwarfs as dwarf with ai reinforcement by the border princes. The error happens every time!

I play your 1.5 version with all the patches.

Hopefully this is the right amount of info

Thanks!

amm, chaos dwarf eartshatter cannon brings CTD every time in battle at the start of it's atack. all patches installed. i saw in forum ppl have same problem..a little new fix?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vilihelm View Post
    amm, chaos dwarf eartshatter cannon brings CTD every time in battle at the start of it's atack. all patches installed. i saw in forum ppl have same problem..a little new fix?
    Something wrong with the projectile, if you replace the entry in the EDU then there is no problem. I will have a look.

Hi,

I am getting an error I can't get around. It crashed my game and now my last save won't work. When loading the save it will crash just as it finishes loading.

Attached log:

Blog Entries

Quickfix 20120316 - RodG - descr_projectiles

A crash occurs when the Earth shaker Cannon fires, caused by a faulty projectile model. Replaced model entry with 'vanilla' bolt. Please check the second post for the download.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 22longZ View Post
    Hey,

first of all I want to thank you for your support :

I had an ctd during a battle against a group of chaos dwarfs as dwarf with ai reinforcement by the border princes. The error happens every time!

I play your 1.5 version with all the patches.

Hopefully this is the right amount of info

Thanks!
    Try the quick fix - most likely it was the Earth Shaker Cannon bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch666 View Post
    Hi,

I am getting an error I can't get around. It crashed my game and now my last save won't work. When loading the save it will crash just as it finishes loading.

Attached log:
    It's the scripted siege of Karak Norn by the Beastmen. Not sure how to go about it - I had a similar problem. Where you in possession of that settlement?
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

I was not in possession of Karak Norn.

In your other post you mentioned the scripted attack and siege starting early instead of later in the turn, I had the same problem in another campaign with Erlach when I owned it (Beastman attacking). The game crashed that time as well. However, I have had some scripted battles that had the early siege and they were fine.

Is there a way to make autosaves that are farther back? Like the autosave is the last turn, and oldautosave is the turn before that? Cause that would help me get around some of these.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch666 View Post
    I was not in possession of Karak Norn.

In your other post you mentioned the scripted attack and siege starting early instead of later in the turn, I had the same problem in another campaign with Erlach when I owned it (Beastman attacking). The game crashed that time as well. However, I have had some scripted battles that had the early siege and they were fine.

Is there a way to make autosaves that are farther back? Like the autosave is the last turn, and oldautosave is the turn before that? Cause that would help me get around some of these.
    Make named saves at regular intervals yourself, giving it round numbers - that's the only solution.

Experienced a crash on turn 50 was taking back Karak Hirn from the Night goblins, the siege ran smoothly I saved after the battle and left the game. Upon loading the game it crashed at the end of the loading screen, keeps crashing when I try to load it. It was the furthest I had ever got!!! I have attached my log just wondered if anyone can help? Cheers

Blog Entries

The same problem like others had before: the game crashes from a save game when a scripted siege is due. So far I am not aware of a solution other then playing at least one round after a siege has been completed. There are quite a few settlements that are scripted to be sieged like that.

Hi there. Love your work
    I have a problem with the goblin tossing balista. Always when i take it to battle the game crashes, also in vanilla.