Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 49748990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2106

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    Install worked great for me, only problem I have is that for some reason the client is windowed + only takes up about 2/3s of my screen; the left and center of my screen are the game window, the right 1/3 of my screen is just my desktop background. Changing resolution ingame didn't resize the window, only made the game fuzzy. The game was on 1024x768 and I have a 1366x768 monitor.

EDIT: Found the posts from others who have the same problem. Editing the .cfg file didn't do anything whatsoever. I even tried manually typing in the campaign_resolution and battle_resolution I wanted, nothing. Game window is still windowed and still only takes up part of my screen, even after switching between 0 and 1 for windowed and borderless_window options. And I can't play with it like this, because the start button for campaign/battles is beneath my taskbar, so I can't click it.

EDIT 2: I'm using the disk version of the game, if that helps. Lost my CD Key ages ago so I didn't convert it to Steam.
    Did you try edit both .cfg files? The one from the mod folder and Medievall 2?

Otherwise check the configuration file in "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods" and edit that one to.
    Imperium Romanum

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I took a look, there's nothing to edit in that one. Nothing about it being windowed or borderless windowed. That's only in the Warhammer .cfg file, which, even after editing it, doesn't change the actual client. :\
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

I took a look, there's nothing to edit in that one. Nothing about it being windowed or borderless windowed. That's only in the Warhammer .cfg file, which, even after editing it, doesn't change the actual client. :\
    The right path should be "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War"

I just checked and I have a preference file there.

Edit: Didn't read that right. At the bottom of the preference file it says "Widescreen 0" maybe changing that could work.
    I checked my warhammer.cfg and it has "[video] windowed = 1 borderless_window = 1" so it shouldn't even matter if you edit that one.

If that doesn't work did you test if it's with the mod only?
    Last edited by Vossie; August 15, 2015 at 07:47 PM.
    Imperium Romanum

I don't have VirtualStore because I have the disk version of the game, not the Steam version. So I can't edit that file because it doesn't exist.

It's with this mod only. I have THERA as well and THERA works perfectly fine.

Hey Guys,

So I'm playing a Tzeentch campaign, putting up a fight against Nurgle and Khorne. As I end my turn on turn 34 and khorne is the first to go, nothing happens. I can move the camera, access the commands menu, but nothing happens. My game doesn't freeze or crash... just nothing happens, the AI doesn't do anything and their turn doesn't end. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shaerdan View Post
    this is so confusing, it say to change the directory if i use steam but where it is already set up is where ive been told to instal it....

This is the right path

Your installed mod should then be here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods

Now make sure you install all three parts of the main installation like this plus the patch and quickfix - the mod can now be played by using the desktop short cut, even in steam.

Blog Entries

I don't have VirtualStore because I have the disk version of the game, not the Steam version. So I can't edit that file because it doesn't exist.

It's with this mod only. I have THERA as well and THERA works perfectly fine.
    The windowed mode is set in the CFG file in the Rage of dark Gods folder:
    Code:
    [video]
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1
    battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080
    set the values to zero or adjust the resolution numbers to your monitor resolution.

Virtual Store - this is irrespective if you have steam or not - run this tutorial from step 3 onward and then delete the medieval ii total war folder in the virtual store if it exists. This is a one time thing.

Hi there guys!

At first i want to thank Gigantus for creating such an amazing mod!

And now my problem: My game crashes very often, when i siege a city or get sieged and the A.I. attacks. As soon as the loading screen to the battle starts i get a game crash. Does anybody have a solution for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is the right path

Your installed mod should then be here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods

Now make sure you install all three parts of the main installation like this plus the patch and quickfix - the mod can now be played by using the desktop short cut, even in steam.

thing is, when i upload the patch and fixes into /medieval 2 total war, it end up in mods but it create a second files containing data and stuff it never goes directly into rage_of_dark_gods files...

The windowed mode is set in the CFG file in the Rage of dark Gods folder:
    Code:
    [video]
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1
    battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080
    set the values to zero or adjust the resolution numbers to your monitor resolution.

Virtual Store - this is irrespective if you have steam or not - run this tutorial from step 3 onward and then delete the medieval ii total war folder in the virtual store if it exists. This is a one time thing.
    Thank you for the reply, Gigantus. I've already tried changing the windowed and borderless_window values to 0, as well as adjusting the resolution, it does nothing. The game still opens in the same fashion. I do not have a VirtualStore folder, I've checked and searched for it and haven't found a trace of it.

Hello,

I tried to get your mod working, but i am having no luck.

-I installed medieval total war 2 (and kingdoms dlc) through steam.
    -I ran te program to finish the installation.
    -I downloaded and installed the torrent (all 3 parts) (paying special attention to the destination folder it was put in)
    -Installed the patch
    -Installed the fixes
    -Installed the quick fix for the campaign.
    Did the installing about 7 times now, even as administrator.
    -I did an integrity check with steam.
    (Even tried changing the compability setting to windows 7, but to no succes)

But every single time i start the mod, with the file that was put on my desktop, it crashes at the loading screen.

Please help.

Here is my log. (i am running windows 10 64 bit home edition, with an i5-4690K 3,5GHz processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram and a nvidia 960 gtx graphics card)

M2TW.system.log.txt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shaerdan View Post
    thing is, when i upload the patch and fixes into /medieval 2 total war, it end up in mods but it create a second files containing data and stuff it never goes directly into rage_of_dark_gods files...
    That's how it's supposed to be: the rage folder is the root of the mod into which all the other files are getting installed, one of the first folders in there i sthe 'adat' folder.
    Thank you for the reply, Gigantus. I've already tried changing the windowed and borderless_window values to 0, as well as adjusting the resolution, it does nothing. The game still opens in the same fashion. I do not have a VirtualStore folder, I've checked and searched for it and haven't found a trace of it.
    Maybe some weird formatting issue - remove all for lines completely from the CFG file or simply put a hash sign ( # ) in front of the lines to invalidate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedx1983 View Post
    Hello,

I tried to get your mod working, but i am having no luck.

-I installed medieval total war 2 (and kingdoms dlc) through steam.
    -I ran te program to finish the installation.
    -I downloaded and installed the torrent (all 3 parts) (paying special attention to the destination folder it was put in)
    -Installed the patch
    -Installed the fixes
    -Installed the quick fix for the campaign.
    Did the installing about 7 times now, even as administrator.
    -I did an integrity check with steam.
    (Even tried changing the compability setting to windows 7, but to no succes)

But every single time i start the mod, with the file that was put on my desktop, it crashes at the loading screen.

Please help.

Here is my log. (i am running windows 10 64 bit home edition, with an i5-4690K 3,5GHz processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram and a nvidia 960 gtx graphics card)

M2TW.system.log.txt
    It's the 'crash at animation load' issue - we never managed to figure out what causes this. I can only ask you to check out the virtual store tutorial from step 3 and then deleting of the medieval ii total war folder in the virtual store directory. After that manually delete the Rage_of_dark_Gods folder and re-install again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help me? Help would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgun View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to help me? Help would be much appreciated.
    Sorry, missed your post with the log: you have the same problem as speedx1983 - check the post above.

Removing the lines or putting a # in front of them also had no effect. :\ Should I just try reinstalling...? Is there anything else that could have gone wrong?

Sorry, missed your post with the log: you have the same problem as speedx1983 - check the post above.
    Sadly, your solution for him didn't work for me.

I tried to do that step before as well. (forgot to post that part last time, my appologies)
    I configured the permissions as stated.
    Made the invisible folders visible, but when i got the virtual store folder there was nothing there except for microsoft office folder and a dropbox folder.
    So i am not able to delete it.
    Might it be different in windows 10?

wont work after countless try, im going to play Third Age DaC insteed, ktnxbye

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear guys, not sure what the problem might be.

So I should reinstall then?