Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

Default Re: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

Is there any other way to make Greece a playable faction in NTWs Darth mod????

If not could you help me with installation.....? I've tried a million times with no result...

Thanks

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

This mod has Greece playable and it is quite easy to install. It also has a Darth Mod Napoleon version here's the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525410

Do you have problems installing it?

Hi Sotericus. I have installed DMN and the National Revolutions mod but I get the following error when I try to launch:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Napoleon Total War\Data\DMN\DMN_Packs\pdg_on.bat. Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again."

Can you help me? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot...I didn't see a tech help thread. Thanks!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@gusington Don't worry. In order to play the National Revolutions for DMN you need 1. DMN, 2. National Revolutions AND 3. National Revolutions for DMN (which basically links the 2 mods). Follow the instruction for installation here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525410 and here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517661. I would suggest going for a clean re-install. Pay attention to the following steps 1. follow strictly the instructions, 2. make sure to install to the path where your napoleon total war actually is, 3. start steam manually before play, 4. do not close the campaign window before the end of the session. You can report back to me for National Revolutions issues or to the National Revolutions for DMN.

@ varangian17
    If not could you help me with installation.....? I've tried a million times with no result...
    What seems to be the issue ?

Follow the instructions in the Original post and you should be good. Make sure you have uninstalled any other mod before proceeding to installation. Then, make sure to install it to the right path (your NTW folder). Connect to steam manually and only AFTER start the launcher. Do not close the launcher before you have finished your session.

Wow that is a quick reply. OK so it looks like I am missing that third part. I will uninstall what I have and try again with that third National Revolutions for DMN piece you mention above and report back. Thank you!

Thanks very much Sotericus it works well now. One last thing - it seems to be stuck on the Emergent Factions selection. I went back to Darthmod to click it off but it was already de-selected. Then I restarted it again but still only the four emergent factions were available to play. How do I play as a non-emergent faction? I want to play as Great Britain.
    Last edited by gusington; March 21, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@gusington Glad that things are back to normal. At this time that's all you can do. You can't play with any of the Major factions in National Revolutions. For Version 2.0 I will surely make playable and re-work Austria, Russia and the Ottomans as well as France, and Great Britain (due to its involvement in the Greek war).

OK...thanks for the quick help. I am thinking of going with Wallachia. Have a soft spot for them as well as the timeframe

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

I am thinking of going with Wallachia. Have a soft spot for them as well as the timeframe
    Join the club ! There are some moments in Romanian history I particularly feel attached to, and the 1821 and 1848 figure at the top of the list. As for the general timeframe 1821-1848 in European and world history and culture I find it most interesting. Too bad the Age of Revolutions ended up in the Age of Empires.

Biarchus

This looks great, can't wait to have a go. ROMANIAAAAA!!

Decanus

Icon7 Re: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

This is really great!
    But when will version 2.0 come?. I´m asking since the Wallachian units of the future version seem to be really perfect (far better than the first version).

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Alexandru - I hope you like the mod. Feel free to share your feedback.
    @lordargento - I am really working on improving the unit roster for all faction, so your comment is much appreciated. It will surely take a while before a next release, as there are also some new stuff that I wish to add. Keep in touch with the main thread for these improvements. I will try to make a weekly report on this. But anyhow it won't be before summer.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

Thank you very much. Your mod is really very, but very good, and i have no doubt you are going to go on improving it. You deserve a Rep!
    Last edited by lordargento; April 05, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

vasiooo's Avatar Libertus

What can i say a great mod ,the numbers of romania units and the detailes are amazing
    Congratulation

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@lordargento
    Your mod is really very, but very good,
    Thank you, really thank you.
    @vasioo Thank you too. Guys, your appreciation is much welcome. If you feel like sharing screens, ideas for improvement or anything related to the mod drop on the National Rev thread. You can also check on the mod's development.

i made right all the steps but i cant launch it...can u help me???

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hey, Double-head. Tell me more about what seems to be the issue. Make sure that you don't have any other mod installed. Check also the ApplicationData folder and see whether there is an userscript.txt there. Just in case your file might have got corrupted, check this out :

Try a clean re-install. Uninstall the mod by the standard procedure. There may be leftovers in ...\napoleon total war - a folder named NationalRev or likewise. Delete it before reinstalling. You should also delete any saved games, as reloading them may restart the problem.

Check also if you have any command line in userscript.txt (that's in C:\User\ApplicationData\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts. Usually ApplicationData is hidden, so make it viewable (show all folders command) in order to access it. If you have a userscript.txt, make a back-up and then delete it.

You might also check if there are any leftovers from any mod you might have installed. Usually they are either in ...\napoleon total war\data or in ... \napoleon total war. Delete them.

Then proceed to the reinstallation, as described above. Do not forget to launch steam manually and be sure to never, under any circumstances whatsoever close the launcher before you are done playing. Just let it there and close only after you've ended your session. I have a hunch that this could have been the reason (but there could be others).

If none of this works try this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359856 and only then proceed to the reinstall.
    Feel free to ask me again.

before i reinstall i want to ask u sth else...i have installed ntw in the default folder on programm files and not on steam folder..is this a problem?

Biarchus

So, i've been on a Naples campaign for a while, i would've liked Wallachia, but they don't have Howitzers in their rosters, that would be a welcomed adition, though i don't know how historically acurate that is. I just like using howitzers, WWI trenches warfare, bombs away.
    And another thing for the future improvements, the unit cards on the HUD have a lot of "white background", so they are less visible when selected. But this is just a minor thing, i eventually got used to it
    Anyway, i want to report this strange thing happening:

It's got rebel colours, Britan tag, Austrian flag in the HUD and when i attack it with an army it's acting as agent(when you atack an agent with an army he just skips to the back of the army). And cannot be targeted by spies or gentlemen. What is that?

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Double Head. Normally it shouldn't be, though I have never tried it myself. In anyways, make sure that you will install National Revolutions in the root ntw folder ( ..\napoleon total war) and not in ..napoleon total war\data. Before reinstalling make sure to check the C:\User\ApplicationData\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts (usually the ApplicationData is hidden so you have to make it viewable). If you have there a file named userscript.txt make a backup and delete it.

@Alexandru I know what you mean. I love howitzers myself, but Wallachia didn't have any at that time (first artillery battery was made in 1843, though use of field artillery have been reported during the 1820s, but that's almost all of it). For NRev 2 I could make howitzers recruitable in western provinces, which kind of makes some historical sense. For the unit cards, I'll see what I can do, I know it can be a pain sometimes not knowing whether you have selected it or not. So, I'll keep in mind that ! And yes... the funny brigadier ! It can be a leftover from a created Greek starting army in Moldavia. He should be harmless (kind of complicated to explain, but basically it exists because I have made some changes in order to create the starting Greek army).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast