Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Icon3 National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

National Revolutions Version 1.0

After almost 2 decades of uninterrupted war, Europe laid devastated, but the French revolution and the Empire changed the continent forever by the wide diffusion of liberal and national ideas which heralded the dawn of a new age. The victorious European powers, horrified by the new radical ideologies that threatened their very existence, vowed to preserve peace at all cost, which for their subjects meant oppression, poverty and hopelessness for eternity. Despite their efforts to squash the spirit and ideals of the French Revolution, one by one, the nations of Europe rose in revolt to demand their rights, being ready to sacrifice their lives for their ideals and emboldened by the hope, that someday, they shall overcome. The year is 1821, dawn of a new era is at hand, will you be able to lead your people to victory, to freedom or if not to a glorious death ?
    National Revolutions Total War
    ( a Startpos modification for NTW)

You are now about to play the first campaign. For more information, please follow us at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=399343

National Revolutions Version 1.0 info

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This version is based on HusserlTW’s Balkan mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357323) which I strongly advise you to play.

Please be advised that the Peninsular Campaign expansion won’t be available while having this mod installed. We’ll try to change this in a following release.

Changes :

Reworked the campaign map and diplomatic relations accordingly to the Vienna Congress provisions.
    Changed the campaign time.
    Changed projectile range.
    Reworked the Wallachian, Moldavian, Greek and Serbian roster.
    New faction playable – Naples.
    Changed unit numbers.
    Reworked the Naples roster.
    Changed Wallachia and Moldavian flags (credit to HusserlTW)
    Changed stats for Ottoman units and added some new units.
    Added two new units to the Austrian roster.
    Updated pictures and names of main leaders in the campaign according to historical period.
    Added Romanian names for Wallachian and Moldavian characters.
    Added unique regiment names in Romanian for Wallachia and Moldavia faction.
    Added player missions for all playable factions (credit to HusserlTW).
    Added historical events for Wallachia and Moldavia.
    Added custom generals for Wallachia, Greece and Naples.

The Team

Sotericus, team leader, coder and researcher.

HusserlTW, supervising and guidance, scripting and animation work.

Mircea, research leader.

Wallachian, researcher.

Credits :

None of the work could have been done without the tools developed by erasmus777, alpaca and HusserlTW. HusserlTW’s insightful analysis of startpos.esf and his selfless support for this mod are much appreciated. I would also mention TC’s tutorials on scripting who were extremely helpful. Danova graciously granted us permission to use his Szekely militia and Albanian Warband units from Ornamentum unitpack for ETW. Md1453 gave us permission to use his reworked units for ETW included in the Ottoman mod. We all want to thank them for that. Not the least our thanks go to those who constantly showed their support for this mod, Sir Cojocarius, KKB5, ROCitizen, DarthKael, Thiky83, to name a few. As the project leader I want to thank for all the contributions made by the team members. And of course, nothing could have been possible without the community at TWC, which is one of the finest I’ve known in real or virtual life.

Download links :

Installation:

Step 1 Preparing :

First remove all other mod files from Napoleon. Clear your user script of any command (if you have one, i.e. if you have installed some other mods). The packs of National Revolutions are as "movie" type so if you leave the commands you had there before, probably it will CTD. Then run the setup file.

Note : userscript.txt is to be found in ..\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data \The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts.

Step 2 Installing :

The installer has the default location for C: drive so redirect if you have installed the game to another location. Make sure to install in ..\napoleon total warand not in ..\napoleon total war\data.

Step 3 Playing and exit:

Do not forget to start Steam first manually and login and only afterwards start the National Mod launcher. The launcher is pretty much like NTF. You start it and click the only campaign button. You should not close the launcher as long as the game runs. When you close it, it removes automatically mod files so your installation returns in vanilla status: do this by the close and restore option in the Launcher menu.

Step 4 Uninstalling :

The Mod is uninstalled either by the link you'll find in Start, Programs, National Revolutions or normally as you would do for any other program using windows uninstall.

Last edited by Sotericus; February 28, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added download links on gamefront

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

Default Re: National Revolutions Version 1.0

+rep and many thanks for your hard work and all the people that contributed to the mod!

Edit: I will try to play as much as I can tonight, and will come back and tell you my thoughts
    I'll post in the other forum so we'll try to keep this clean from off-topic replies.
    Last edited by Sir.Cojocarius; February 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Good to see that it is released!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yess it is finally released! Reinstalling Napoleon right now +rep Sotericus for all your hard work my friend.

Default Re: National Revolutions Version 1.0 >> DOWNLOAD <<

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Yes ! Thank you !

Excellent +rep.

PS. Sotericus my Napoleon is at 51% now, hoping that it will be done by the end of the week so i can play this marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    PS. Sotericus my Napoleon is at 51% now, hoping that it will be done by the end of the week so i can play this marvel
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523104

Thanks mate, but I already have Napoleon installed, i haven't played in ages so its doing heaps of updates which i wouldn't mind having anyway. But i will keep that link in mind.

I just wanted to thank you for incorporating National Revolutions as a submod for DarthMod. I wanted to download that mod for a while so now I have an extra incentinve

anychance you can upload the zip to gamefront? dansguardian blocks all .exe files for me

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Aodh Mor. Of course, though it may take a while. By evening you'll have it.

Edit : It should be all right now. I've changed the dwld link for gamefront. Enjoy and please give us your feedback on the other thread.
    Last edited by Sotericus; February 28, 2012 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks for putting this mod together. Can I use this along with DarthMod?

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@gusington You've got the DarthMod version here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525410. Enjoy !

Thanks very much! I've been looking for something just like this forever!

@Sotericus
    First you´ve really done a great job dude!All the atmosphere is pretty authentic and the new units look amazing. When I started the campaign for the first time everything went fully free of any errors but the second time and all the other times thereafter I always got an error message only by clicking on "continue campaign" or wherever else. I would be grateful indeed if you could help me out.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

It seems that the files might have got corrupted somehow . Try a clean re-install. Uninstall the mod by the standard procedure. There may be leftovers in ...\napoleon total war - a folder named NationalRev or likewise. Delete it before reinstalling. You should also delete any saved games, as reloading them may restart the problem.

Check also if you have any command line in userscript.txt (that's in C:\User\ApplicationData\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts. Usually ApplicationData is hidden, so make it viewable (show all folders command) in order to access it. If you have a userscript.txt, make a back-up and then delete it.

You might also check if there are any leftovers from any mod you might have installed. Usually they are either in ...\napoleon total war\data or in ... \napoleon total war. Delete them.

Then proceed to the reinstallation, as described above. Do not forget to launch steam manually and be sure to never, under any circumstances whatsoever close the launcher before you are done playing. Just let it there and close only after you've ended your session. I have a hunch that this could have been the reason (but there could be others).

If none of this works try this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359856 and only then proceed to the reinstall.

Cheers and tell me if it works.

Edit: When using the launcher, be sure not to "rush" it by clicking and trying to close it if it doesn't respond as fast as you may want it to (I know what I'm talking about here from personal experience). Just let it do its work in its own time. And it usually does it properly.
    Last edited by Sotericus; February 29, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

Sotericus my Napoleon is finally updated, downloading the mod right now! By the way the rapidhsare link only takes me to the Rapidshare website not the actual file download. But gamefront is working ok.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Wallachian.

Good to hear that your update is done. The rapidshare link works fine for me. On their page you just have click on "save file" to computer option in order for dwld to start.

I am happy to say that I have started playing the mod. The atmosphere is great, I especially like the great new loading screens. The game itself is quite difficult, im playing with wallachia on hard difficulty and so far defeated a few turkish armies and heading to liberate Belgrade. Problem is Sicily and Russia just declared war on me. Hopefully i can manage to liberate Serbia, lift the siege of Bucharest and then raise a big enough armies to take Istanbul before the Russian armies come down on me.

Oh and btw great job on the Serbian units. That was a surprise, wasn't expecting that. Maybe Serbia could be another faction that can be made playable soon.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Wallachian Finally! Glad to see that you have the mod and also that you enjoy it. As for the campaign, unless you want some adrenaline, I would advise you to play it on normal/ hard. As a small spoiler I will say that soon everybody will declare war on you. On hard it is quite a challange. You could post some screens in the other forum and I guess even here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast