Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellenic: Total War mod!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Hellenic:Total War mod!

It looks very nice indeed! Just one question tough: what is the timeframe? Because in Ciprian2's Lydian screenshots appear 250 AD...

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

good mod i will give it a spin ,im partial still to a bit of mtw and to think this is before rtw,nice

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

never heard of it, thanks for posting! MTW + classical Greece =

um the download link doesn't work for me. is there another one?
    Last edited by bleach; April 10, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

hello, anyone have this mod's installer that could upload it somewhere? download link in the OP does not work. thanks.

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

thanks Axalon!

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Played a wee bit of the Thracian campaign, invaded a rebel province. Cool mod!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

I've been playing a campaign as the Thessalonians and it has been a lot of fun! I was trying to diplomatically isolate my enemies a la Bismark. My armies were and are inferior to the mighty Boetian infantry-based armies and the numerical superiority of the Macedonians to the north. Allying Macedonia and conducting a quick war with the Aetolian oligarchs resulted in Macedonian territorial gains. Ultimately the dominant Aetolian oligarch sent his finest daughter to seduce my Archon, which succeeded. The war ceased with a strong alliance between Thessaly and Aetolia, at the cost of the Macedonian alliance. To counter the growing power of the Macedonians, Thessaly launched an attack on the Boetian province of Phocis. There a bloody, costly battle was fought which resulted in an impressive last stand by the Theban Sacred Band. They fought bravely, almost doing the Spartans justice. But there was something peculiar about this battle. Get a load of this. The battlefield was actually modeled after Thermopylae. That's right! Phocis is a sort of MTW custom settlement... which is very neat, very impressive for its time.

Unfortunately, I encountered frequent CTDs while fighting battles, which had me going back to the last autosave to salvage my game. Out of curiosity, are you guys also experiencing these CTDs in campaign battles?
    Last edited by atheniandp; June 25, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Looks nice why not try to Recreate it in RTW:Alex ?

Well there's already a classical Greece mod for BI called Hegemonia: City States. Which is fantastic and more or less covers the same ground. The benefit of this mod is that it runs on the MTW engine which is a completely different experience. In some ways better, in others worse. Battlefields are much larger in this game. Campaign AI is better. The overall experience is more challenging than what the RTW engine has to offer.

There are actually 2 more mods with a similar context: 300: Warlords of Sparta and Persian Invasion. Both are for RTW.
    Last edited by atheniandp; June 26, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

If i ever buy MTW i will 100% try this mod.Thought i don't like the campaign map .

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    Unfortunately, I encountered frequent CTDs while fighting battles, which had me going back to the last autosave to salvage my game. Out of curiosity, are you guys also experiencing these CTDs in campaign battles?
    Hi Atheniandp

I have played over 20 MTW campaigns, always from early, and tried half a dozen mods. I have a dedicated MTW PC and have used XP and W2K, and ATI and Nvida Gfx cards.

Every single one of those campaigns produced some crashing usually in battlefield mode, but occasionally in campaign mode.

If there is an 'uncrashable' combination of hardware + drivers, and OS + service packs + DirectX version, and MTW settings I would love to know what it is.

I use Ctrl + S at the start and end of every year, and save before every battle, and just accept that playing this great game has its frustrations.

Best regards
    Victor

Sapere aude
    Horace
    Last edited by VictorGB; June 27, 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Stupidity.

Hello,

To be honest I am no technical expert. I play MTW on my Vista PC and rarely encounter CTDs or any other bugs. I can also play MTW XL and Redux without any problems. I have barely begun laying Pike and Musket so we will see how that goes. But I think the problems are inherent in HTW unfortunately. The CTDs occur only on the battlemap for me. I will try installing MTW on my Windows 7 laptop and see how that turns out.

Dosen't seem to work with Gold Edition. Just says that i'm missing the CD-ROM.

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

Default Hellenic total war

This is a pretty dead forum, so I probably shouldnt expect any replies, but oh well: Does anyone have a copy or knows of an active download source for hellenic total war, for mtw1? Great mod that I totally forgot about until just now, and I really wanna get back into it. Unfortunately the old site is dead, and I cant find it.
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Last edited by Ciciro; September 04, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Anyone has a functional link for this fantastic mod? Atomicgamer and 3ddownload dont'work!! Help me please!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Default Re: Hellenic total war

Anyone has a functional link for this fantastic mod? Atomicgamer and 3ddownload dont'work!! Help me please!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Great Stazi you're a N.1 !!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast