Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hellenic: Total War mod!

Default Re: Hellenic:Total War mod!

I've been having issues getting this mod, and only this mod, to run with Steam & Windows 10. Nothing happens when I run the Medieval_TW application in administrator mode, while attempting to run it normally brings up the generic "administrator privileges" denial message. I also tried my usual trouble-shooting trick of installing to a blank folder then replacing the files manually, which never failed me until just now..

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Have you tried to install or move Steam outside of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder?

Doing that often help for the newer Windows versions, newer than Window Vista.

Also, try to verify game cache in Steam.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thank you for your prompt feedback. Unfortunately, the steam folder location and file verification methods did not alter my attempts to run the application.

Having the same problem as Marcus. MTW1 will launch fine from steam as vanilla. Install HTW and I get the 'run as admin' error followed by nothing happening when I actually run it as admin. I presume it has something to do with HTW installer editing the .exe. Perhaps the 'SafeDisc' issue that so many others are plagued by. Will dig deeper and let you know Marcus

Marcus and anyone else who may be struggling with old mods:

This was actually a quick fix. It was the .exe itself. What I did was a fresh install of MTW1 from steam. Copy the exe and move it to another folder. Install HTW. Move copied exe back to the main folder and launch. Worked like a charm.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a ton for your feedback and quick fix suggestion, BigB! I'm happy to say that your recommendation worked!

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Hellenic: Total War mod!

First post updated with proper links, info and credits...

- A

Cannot get it to run. Tried everything (including advice about copying the exe), nothing works. BKB, XL, Russian expansion all run fine, this one doesnt even start. Any help?

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Hi,
    same problem, I made MTW VI Gold edition with patch copies and now I can play 5 mods,except Hellenic total war, the message he gives is:please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix that ??

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Hi,
    same problem, I made MTW VI Gold edition with patch copies and now I can play 5 mods,except Hellenic total war, the message he gives is:please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix that ??
    The problem is down to the HTW install including a copy of Medieval.exe. It's probably easiest to do a fresh install - first make your clean copy of MTW VI Gold; then 'install' the HTW into a blank new folder rather than directly into your VI, and then delete the exe from the HTW 'install' and copy what is left into your clean VI. You should now have a proper HTW with the exe from your Gold edition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123