Thread: Last step before reinstalling game

Default Last step before reinstalling game

Some times is inevitable to reinstall game for solving a problem. Before that here is a work around that might help you avoid full installation:

Start DMN and select menu, Utilities, Restore Vanilla. Repeat but this time select Check Files and in upcoming window the Check button. If there are files contained in the report, go in your game's data folder and remove them. Then let Steam check your files (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359856). When you are done, start DMN, select menu, Settings, Enable SP Default and try again. If the problem is still there then you know what you have to do... .

Check also this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523104

Default Re: Last step before reinstalling game

Today, I could not start from any saved game. One thing I noticed was when choosing emergents during the start up (from the game, not DM), I was able to see the major nations on my flag selection screen, not just the emergents. Also when starting, some had some crazy funds...Westphaila had 75000 starting funds and Crimea had 1 Millon funds to start.

Thinking I missed the ball somewhere, I uninstalled DM (not following the steps for searching the files...) checked the game files through steam and reinstalled. I guess not following your instructions caused some big problems....crashes galore.

What problem did the "Tree" fix handle? Is that technique necessary? I am going to start from scratch again as playing Hungary was just too awesome. I attacked the Ottomas and had the best battle ever with most of my infantry running out of ammo.

Also, when playing emergents, most do not have the capability to build cannon early on. My question is once they take over an area with a school, will they be able to build them?

Should I uninstall the game as well to start over?

Thanks...(PS if you gave me some more units in scotland to play with I wouldnt have all of these issues! I am a nightmare at editing files and such. I took one look at the unit editor and peed my pants.)