Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse project

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Horse project

Very soon all units in Rusichi TW mod 1.1+Kataphracts patch, will use horse models based and modified on Marka horses.
    I inteand to create a full line of horses ussing Rusichi TW mod as test bed.
    In the end every mod that includes Rusichi TW mod's animation pack will be able to have a horse model for every use.

Order horses:

More news soon.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Horse project

Update:
    Mongol armoured horse:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

very good.anton.i liked mongol one.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Wow good work!

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

How do you get the horse textures to match up the models? They are always off when I put them together in milkshape.

The horses ARE MARKA ones.

yeah, but when I open the textures with milkshape they are all out of wack, do you do anything special to line them up? The uv mapping on the models are all stretched out.

oh, and i see that your units have stirrups, nice, I gave my cav units spurs.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Usually you just need to resize the textures in dimension or the other. They're usually too big IIRC.

I've been doing basically the same thing as you Anthonius but a bit more fantasy-esque for Westeros (example in my sig!). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Our horses use 8 body textures (medium horses) per unit.
    Our armored horses use 4-8 horses plus 6-8 armor ones.
    I already created 6 diferent armored horses (4 are already in use with TGC mod).
    I will make the eastern armored horse also (see latest pic), and two more horses for late/high era knights.
    People will have to texture them though.
    I will only give the models and a placeholder texture for each one.

How do you do that?

When I resize them in Texture Coordinator to fit then convert back to mesh the model looks all out of wack in battle map, I don't know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    When I resize them in Texture Coordinator to fit then convert back to mesh the model looks all out of wack in battle map, I don't know what is going on.
    Why do you resize their uvmaps?
    You just CAN NOT fit the Marka horses uvmaps to vanilla textures.
    You have to use their own textures.

cebecibasi41's Avatar Tiro

Will be fast horses? (like fast pony) You know i asked you long time ago.
    OTTOMAN : FTLOS MOD PROJECT Coo-Leader Of Ottoman Mod

The only thing that is going to be changed is the apearence of the horses not their stats!

never mind, figured it out.

Before:

Attachment 207690

After:

Attachment 207689

After I remapped the UV with Knight's Errant's Tool it finally fit. I hope that it goes through when I convert it back to mesh.
    Last edited by Caudillo87; March 01, 2012 at 03:44 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Great news!

How hard would it be to implement Marka's horse animation+models in a different mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Great news!

How hard would it be to implement Marka's horse animation+models in a different mod?
    1st:
    You need to have the Rusichi animation pack and descr_skeleton text in your mod or in your mod's animation pack and descr_skeleton text the Marka horses animation and skeleton entries must be in.
    Marka horses as models can not use vanilla skeleton and vanilla animations.
    2nd:
    You need to have GOAT 1.1 to work those models and convert them from mesh to ms3d and via versa. Always use the word "mount" if you need to rename them. For example TGC horses have that name type:
    mount_medium_horse_TGC_lod0.
    The last step is not quite nesecary if you plan to replace all the vanilla horse types with versions of Marka ones.
    Then simply rename the mesh to a vanilla one but remember to use the new textures (renamed also) both the skins and normal maps.
    If you will replace your vanilla horses with versions of marka ones DO NOT forget to change the animation entries is the bmdb.
    For example:

That horse replaced the vanilla barded one but in the bmdb the Barded horse has now.
    fs_Marka_horse
    animation entry.
    In fact if you have the petience to re-draw the armor textures based on some of the marka ones you can replace ALL horses in TATW.

For horses that have no armor use Marka_medium horse and its texture sheet as basis.
    For horses that have armors go to Marka_heavy_horse and convert it to ms3d with GOAT (ALWAYS WITH GOAT).
    Now..when you will open that model you will see that used 4 diferent type of armors.
    Select one that fits to your consept.
    Delete the rest of them and dublicate it as many times you need.
    Go to it texture sheet and errase all kind of armor textures that do not fit with the armor you selected.
    The extra room will allow you to copy past atleast two or three more (depands which one you chosed).
    Then on those armor you can draw your own paterns.
    In case that is your consept you need something spesial and unique the the ms3d buttons "delete", "dublicate" and "regroup" will be your friends.
    Example: Inorder to have that armor and its varietions:

I had to dublicate many armors and later delete the parts i did not need.
    Then using the button "regroup" i "created" these armors.
    Everything else is is th esame as any other model and i am speaking about group names,comments etc.
    Now in the case you need to merge your armors with parts that are not included to the Rusichi heavy horse ones.
    The safest way is to import those parts in obj format.
    Then becarefull to give those objs the proper bone weight and only then merge the (regroup) with parts of armors that exist already in the model.
    I am talking about parts like the head armor of that horses as example:

Afcourse you will have to copy their textures as well in the "new" horse texture you will create.

I hope i helped a bit.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Nice stuff!

One question, though: Can the animations (.cas) and the skeletons be found somewhere for download? I know they are within then animation-data, but if you're already having other new animations in your mod, I figure it might be difficult to include the horses without unpacked animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Nice stuff!

One question, though: Can the animations (.cas) and the skeletons be found somewhere for download? I know they are within then animation-data, but if you're already having other new animations in your mod, I figure it might be difficult to include the horses without unpacked animations.
    Briarius was very kind to offer them as separated .cas files here.
    Remember to credit him with Rusichi/Marka team afcourse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast