Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Default Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Hi Roderick III, first of all thanks for all your thoughts. You will be happy to know that most of the things you have suggested are planned to be in the mod :
    • the mod will strictly follow what's written in the books
    • I will try to have all the land of Essos in the map, even Asshai (there is the problem of the limit of the M2TW map, 1 mil pixel); I don't know if you know that in the next months will be released by GM a book with the maps of all his world, that will be a definitive source of info for geography
    • Having the dragons is not an option, it's a must! Honestly it's incredibly difficult, but I know that in a mod for Rome TW there are some kind of dragons, some maybe I'll be lucky and that team will give me permission to use their models
    • there will be some kind of magic (in the far Essos, but also over the Wall), but not so much since I don't want to make something that GM wouldn't agree with
    • there are already Others and mammuth, I will make giants too (and maybe other misterious beings...)
    • there are naval forces, but due to M2TW restrictions do not have a main role
    • there will be also the Faith Orders, I think in 2.0 release.
    Finally one thing you will not appreciate: I will keep on using images from the HBO series. I fully understand your pov, but the point is that in a mod you need tons of images, and the only available source of all these images is the serie. I agree with you, there are other excellent works inspired by the books, but they are not in just one style, and I wouldn't like having images so different one from the other.

I'm sending you a PM about possible help from you.
    Ciao, auc162

regarding portraits

how many characters are you actually gonna have in the descr_strat ?

hit me

ps

just remembered there are various mods that would have Dragons
    -Dragonlance
    -The Sundering
    -Call of Warhammer
    -PCP submod for TA

why don't you take a look at those too ? There might even be more!

Good Luck and let me know about the portraits. I'm doing tons of them for the WTW mod, so maybe i could help you out.
    Last edited by Noobio; September 15, 2012 at 03:36 AM.

How many characters? Good questions, I'll check.....

..... for Westeros only there are 480 characters ! And consider that we wrote a short biography for each one .

Of course we will not have custom portaits for each one, only for the main ones. Until now, we have 40 portaits. Maybe we could share the work to be done? In any case consider that we portait in our mod will be taken from HBO serie. In case send me a MP.
    Ciao!

PS - Thanks for the suggestion about the dragons.
    Last edited by auc162; September 15, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

you can see some of the portraits i've made in today's mini-preview, over at the WTW page. No actors, only illustrations and i've followed faithfuly the wiki's descriptions and characterizations when availiable

i have like 500 portraits now and still going

so maybe you could use mine, so that characters look the same in both mods

ciao !

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Your mod is so advanced and it seems very promising. If you manage to achieve your objectives from the OP, it will make it big. Just keep in mind that you have a hosted mod competitor!
    Keep it up!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    you can see some of the portraits i've made in today's mini-preview, over at the WTW page. No actors, only illustrations and i've followed faithfuly the wiki's descriptions and characterizations when availiable

i have like 500 portraits now and still going

so maybe you could use mine, so that characters look the same in both mods

ciao !
    Noobas, what can I say: your work is really outstanding ! And I accept your offer, I would be honoured to have your portaits in my mod.
    The only problem I could have in the future will be how to make the portaits of the Essos factions, that you do no have in Westeros mod. But I will think about it in the future.
    I'm looking forward to see all your portraits in the mod!
    Ciao e grazie, auc162.

Im a bit of a noob, so this may be a stupid question lol. You say the first release will be in italian, so will this work on an english version of medieval 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2206 View Post
    Im a bit of a noob, so this may be a stupid question lol. You say the first release will be in italian, so will this work on an english version of medieval 2?
    As far as I know, it will work even in an english version, but all the text "customized" (biographies, name of traits and ancillaries, missions, name and description of units will be in Italian. I hope in the future to have a translation.

The language barrier doesn't bother me, will be a good chance to learn some italian .

Do have potential release date? Don't mean to be pushy but i cant wait to play this

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2206 View Post
    The language barrier doesn't bother me, will be a good chance to learn some italian .

Do have potential release date? Don't mean to be pushy but i cant wait to play this
    The plan is having a beta in two/three months and a 1.0 begining of 2013.

Hi folks, I've just added other six minor houses (Moreland from the West, Shett from the Vale, Selmy, Peasebury, Farring, Horpe from the Stormland), and now we have a total of 200 houses, each one with its own lord, generals and customized units. Do you think they're enough ?

chi si accontenta gode...ma tu ci fai godere davvero !

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

looks amazing
    so excited for this mod. i have be devouring the books and the more i read the more i can`t wait to play this mod. i appreciate all the hardwork and detail you are putting into this. hopefully an english version will be available later but i still will play it in italian. hope the beta will out soon.
    keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by irishviking5 View Post
    looks amazing
    so excited for this mod. i have be devouring the books and the more i read the more i can`t wait to play this mod. i appreciate all the hardwork and detail you are putting into this. hopefully an english version will be available later but i still will play it in italian. hope the beta will out soon.
    keep up the great work.
    Thanks. My objective is to be as close as possible to the saga; that's why I'm spending so much time in developing this mod, but every day I'm really closer and closer to a beta.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by auc162 View Post
    • Timing: objective is to release a beta with Westeros only before summer, than a release 1.0 by end of this year and a 2.0 (with Essos) in 2013.

Any comment, suggestion, request for more info and of course help is more than welcomed .
    So, are you close to the objectives you proposed in the OP? I mean, can we expect a release by the end of this year?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Timeline are made to be missed .
    We are proceeding well, but not so well. Beta could be ready in two/three months, but for a 1.0 version you will have to wait untill 2013 (hope at the beginning).

[*]Having the dragons is not an option, it's a must! Honestly it's incredibly difficult, but I know that in a mod for Rome TW there are some kind of dragons, some maybe I'll be lucky and that team will give me permission to use their models[*]there will be some kind of magic
    Maybe you can ask to borrow the fell beast model (the dragon like thing that the ring wraiths ride) from one of The Lord of the rings mods for your dragons? And make them super heavy missile units that spit fireballs similar to catapult flaming shots and also let them have incredibly powerful attack and defence (and super high cost?)

As for magic, how will you simulate that? And as far as im remember there are no outright fireballs in the book.

And also.....would there possibly be....faceless men?

Quote Originally Posted by seleucid empire View Post
    Maybe you can ask to borrow the fell beast model (the dragon like thing that the ring wraiths ride) from one of The Lord of the rings mods for your dragons? And make them super heavy missile units that spit fireballs similar to catapult flaming shots and also let them have incredibly powerful attack and defence (and super high cost?)
    Yeah, good suggestion!

As for magic, how will you simulate that? And as far as im remember there are no outright fireballs in the book.
    What do you mean by magic?

And also.....would there possibly be....faceless men?
    The answer is ... yes! It will be possibile to hire them, but also to have two of them, for some factions

What do you mean by magic?
    oh i thought you said there might be magic in the mod? What kind of magic?

The answer is ... yes! It will be possibile to hire them, but also to have two of them, for some factions
    will they just be high lvl assassins? or will they be like the shogun 1 geishas who are practically unstoppable