Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Default Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

DORNE PREVIEW

Here is a preview of the southern region of Dorne, ruled by house Martell. This faction is made of 17 house, with a total of 163 units. There are 24 generals, each one with his specific texture (armour and shield).

Map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Units - just a few pictures, as an example

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

House MARTELL - Guards of Sunspear

House MARTELL - Infantry

House MARTELL - Bowmen

Peasants of houses MARTELL (left) and FOWLER of Skyreach (right)

House DAYNE of Starfall - Mounted lancers

Peasants with spears of houses VAITH of Red Dunes (left) and BLACKMONT of Blackmont (right)

Peasant archers of house ALLYRION of Godsgrace

Peasant archers of house MANWOODY of Kingsgrave

Lord's bodyguard of house YRONWOOD of Yronwood

Peasants of house DAYNE of High Ermitage

Looks nice, but aren't some of the units a bit too similar with Vanilla?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

They are just re-textured
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Looks nice, but aren't some of the units a bit too similar with Vanilla?
    Yes they are, since I do not think they have to look different from vanilla. The work I've done was customizing each unit with the colours of the house (cloths, banners, shields, horses and officer), while I think the model it's ok.
    I have made different models and more differentiated textures when in vanilla there was nothing already available, like Golden Cloaks, some units of the Starks and all the roster for Free Folk, Watchers of the Nights, Others.

What about the translation? Will you translate it to english before releasing or will you leave it to submods? Because well being Portuguese I understand 90% of the Italian words I've seen but many others aren't so fortunate :s

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    What about the translation? Will you translate it to english before releasing or will you leave it to submods? Because well being Portuguese I understand 90% of the Italian words I've seen but many others aren't so fortunate :s
    Currently I do not have in plan to translate the mod, since there is still a lot of work to do before having a full release. In the future it may be.

Icon5 Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

IDEAS FOR DOTHRAKI ROSTER

Hi, I'm starting working on the dothraki roster, but I have an issue. Martin describe them as mounted warriors with bow, therefore in my opinion every unit has to be mounted with bow. The base of this roster would be:
    • Bodyguard, with arak as secondary weapon
    • "Standard" warriors, with arak as secondary weapon
    • Scouts, with arak (?) as secondary weapon
    • I don't remeber how Martin called them, but they are Dothraki with axes which cut the heads of dead/wounded enemies after a battle; so they would have axe as secondary weapon.
    And then? It would be a bit boring , even if I do want to be consistent with the books. Anyone has suggestions/ideas about how to improve it? Thanks.

Well you could add slave footsoldiers with spears and other basic weapons like that. Or even dismounted Dothraki Archers/Arak hybrids. I'm not sure they used infantry at all, I don't think so, but it'd add to the balance.. (besides didn't the books say that "unworthy dothraki" went by foot instead of horse?)

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

make a few just above "peasant" level units with spears/araks and maybe a unit of infantry bowmen, which you could maybe call "Unworthy" or "Young"/"Unproven" Dothraki, who have yet to earn a horse or do not have the skill to do so.

All the Dothraky ride to war. And they have no armor, just arakh and bow.
    So yes, it would be pretty boring to play Dothraki (more, they have no town, they do not build, they do not farm, etc).

Some interesting proposals about Dothraki, thanks. We would need at least one/more dismounted units to be used in siege/attack to cities.

FREY PREVIEW

At the folowing link you may have a look at our latest preview: http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/dis...x?idd=10159986

awesome preview! you're doing such a good job

MOVIES PREVIEW

Every factions will be introduced in the game by a specific movie. At the following link you can watch what we did for Whatchers and Starks:

http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/dis...&#idm116420622

ooooooohhhhhhhhhh

the idea is brilliant!

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

this looks really good
    wish the beta was out and also translated butkeep up the good job

I might know some people who can get this translated

Well, once finished would be great if there was someone interested in a translation. I cannot do it by myself since I will be working on the 2.0 for one more year at least.....

So good to see this MOD this isn't dead I'm guessing you are working alone and you are working way faster than the Wesotros total war team. And you are basing this of the books right not the HBO Show. The W.TW team has released a Alpha with just Little to no textured units just enough to tell the difference between the factions. You how ever have done a fantastic Job. You dedication to detail is perfect. I would hope to see this come out this year. I now mod making is very slow going. I would hope maybe You might Join the Westoros total war team and get the mod out faster by just putting you work together with there's. They have custom settlements. It would Take a lot of the pressure off of you and the Other team. Also get this out for the fans. Just maybe a idea. It may even be easier to get this into English and German.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

This is just great! Se poi è in italiano ancora meglio !