Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

new report, and I am pretty sure this one isn't a script
    when I move my mouse over "Deepwood Motte" as the starks my game crashes.
    can someone else check if their game crashes too? and does anyone know any solution to this?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Captainnorway View Post
    new report, and I am pretty sure this one isn't a script [emoji14]
    can someone else check if their game crashes too? and does anyone know any solution to this?
    It happens to me too

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

This happens to me as well.

On another note, excellent mod and very well detailed. Can't believe how many characters are included.

Uhmmm, really strange! I need to work on it.
    If anyone has any suggestion about things to check, please let me know.

Im having some difficulties installing this mod, right after I click download the firefox logo or whatever goes green as if the download is already 99% finished downloading and my download folder is all weird. I have a screenshot to show what it looks like. Perhaps I need a more recent file? Thanks in advance, I really look forward to getting this mod to work
    http://imgur.com/a/flumh

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

try downloading the mod through a different browser.

Hi auc162,

You and your team are doing a great job on this mod. I just wanted to chime in on the Deepwood Motte bug. I fixed the problem by changing Deepwood Motte from a city to a castle in the desc_strat. For all of you who are like me and only have a rudimentary understanding of modding, I'll post an example of what Deepwood Motte should look like.

settlement castle
    {
    level large_town
    region Deepwood_Motte_Province

I do have two question about the mod. Why can't I recruit crannogmen at Moat Cailin? Also, I noticed Howland Reed in the desc_strat put he does not appear in the game, is this a bug?

Thanks again for the great mod and all of the hard work everyone has put into it.

When will Version 2 be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon123 View Post
    Hi auc162,

You and your team are doing a great job on this mod. I just wanted to chime in on the Deepwood Motte bug. I fixed the problem by changing Deepwood Motte from a city to a castle in the desc_strat. For all of you who are like me and only have a rudimentary understanding of modding, I'll post an example of what Deepwood Motte should look like.

settlement castle
    {
    level large_town
    region Deepwood_Motte_Province

I do have two question about the mod. Why can't I recruit crannogmen at Moat Cailin? Also, I noticed Howland Reed in the desc_strat put he does not appear in the game, is this a bug?

Thanks again for the great mod and all of the hard work everyone has put into it.
    Thanks, my friend!
    The Deepwood Motte issue is a very strange one, because it is a city in both English and Italian version, but the bug occurs only in the English one. And I do not understand in which file there can be a contrast.

About Howland Reed and crannogmen, since in the saga they did not join the Stark army when Robb went to south, I supposed there is a reason for not having in battle. So I included them just as a script: when an enemy army enter into their territory they are spawned. What do you think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmay123 View Post
    When will Version 2 be released?
    Probably Martin will finish the saga before we may have a 2.0 released! Very frankly, if no other modder will help me it will be very hard to go on.

I like the idea of Crannogmen only spawning when the enemy enters their territory. The only question I have is how often will they spawn? Or will Howland Reed and his men only spawn one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon123 View Post
    I like the idea of Crannogmen only spawning when the enemy enters their territory. The only question I have is how often will they spawn? Or will Howland Reed and his men only spawn one time?
    Now it's set up for spawning only the first time.

Is it possible to add placeholder factions for a version 1.2. For example mods such as third age and stainles steel can have their units added

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

History's Empire has fixed our delema when it comes to Deepwood Motte, and
    quite possibly any other settlements that are causing problems
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweIAPnTClE

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone is aware, but Maidenpool has the same bug as Deepwood Motte. I fixed it by doing what BerryKnight suggested. Great mod, I will definitely be looking forward to conquering Essos in the future. Keep up the good work team.

Hey auc man, great job! I have been looking forward to this for a few years now! Bought Medieval 2 recently just for it, well and Elder Scrolls Total War, but really only those 2 mods. As far as fixing the crashing bug with some of the towns like Deepwood Motte, i cannot seem to t

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonKing View Post
    Hey auc man, great job! I have been looking forward to this for a few years now! Bought Medieval 2 recently just for it, well and Elder Scrolls Total War, but really only those 2 mods. As far as fixing the crashing bug with some of the towns like Deepwood Motte, i cannot seem to to find the desc_strat in the files. And i was wondering what the proper ID would be for the Chosen Infantry. I will not lie, i like using console commands in Med 2 to build my faction for specific roleplays. I looked for them in the desc_units file but couldn't figure it out.
    My tablet bugged out and for some reason submitted.

when the 1.0 will be release? it's will be very cool playing as Free cities.......... Thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by 6rata1 View Post
    when the 1.0 will be release? it's will be very cool playing as Free cities.......... Thanks for the answer
    1.0 will NOT include Free Cities, but just the fixing of bugs found in 0.5. New factions would be included in a 2.0, but at this moment there si no plan to further develop the mod due to lack of modders! Now I'm completely alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryKnight View Post
    History's Empire has fixed our delema when it comes to Deepwood Motte, and
    quite possibly any other settlements that are causing problems
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweIAPnTClE
    This is a good easy win, thanks. Anyway, I will work on this bug to found a definitive solution

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonKing View Post
    As far as fixing the crashing bug with some of the towns like Deepwood Motte, i cannot seem to to find the desc_strat in the files. And i was wondering what the proper ID would be for the Chosen Infantry. I will not lie, i like using console commands in Med 2 to build my faction for specific roleplays. I looked for them in the desc_units file but couldn't figure it out.
    1) descr_strat is in mods\Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    2) Chosen Infantry in the export_descr_unit are called Norse Swordsmen

Quote Originally Posted by ahmay123 View Post
    Is it possible to add placeholder factions for a version 1.2. For example mods such as third age and stainles steel can have their units added
    What do you exactly mean?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by auc162 View Post
    1.0 will NOT include Free Cities, but just the fixing of bugs found in 0.5. New factions would be included in a 2.0, but at this moment there si no plan to further develop the mod due to lack of modders! Now I'm completely alone.

This is a good easy win, thanks. Anyway, I will work on this bug to found a definitive solution

1) descr_strat is in mods\Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    2) Chosen Infantry in the export_descr_unit are called Norse Swordsmen

What do you exactly mean?
    In what file do one remove the "can't disembark"-thing on ESSOS?

How do i make Essos conquerable?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal