Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Default A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

UPDATE - BETA VERSION 0.5 AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING

Hi all, after a lot lot lot of work, I'm happy to announce the release of the Beta Version (0.5) of this mod!

Features of this beta are:

• the map includes the whole world Martin, but you can only play in Westeros and the Summer Islands (Essos is impassable)
    • factions are: Free Folks / Night's Watch / Stark / Skagos / Greyjoy / Frey / Arryn / Tully Lannister / Tyrell / Baratheon of King's Landing (Joffrey's faction) / Renly Baratheon / Stannis Baratheon / Martell / Summer Islands / The Others (not playable)
    • there is a very peculiar recruitment system: in each city/castle you can recruit units of that location, with their own labels and banners; eg, in Winterfell you will recruit units of house Starks, while in White Harbour you will recruit Manderly units, and so on. With every factions there are hundreds of customized units
    • when recruiting units in the locations conquired, you can recruit only a limited number of generic units; I know this is not ideal, but it's due to the limit of the vanilla game (max 500 units)
    • there are a lot of nice scripts aiming to bring into the mod the spirit of the Martin's saga: Jon Snow as possibile commander of Night's Watch, Eddard Stark can survive, Melissandre and her deadly shadow, Tyrion with his barbarians, Jalabar Xho to come back to the Summer Islands, Theon back to Iron Islands and more and more and more!

• all texts are in English, except for the quotes in the loading screens (still in Italian)
    • voices are still in Italian (I hope you like it, it's a very melodious language ). I'm looking for someone helping here, to have voices in English, I don't know how to do it.

Link to download the beta: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...UpYMnJJZ3R6a2M

Here are the instructions to download and install the mod:
    1) download the compressed file, available at the above
    2) extract the contents of the compressed file in the mods folder of the vanilla game (eg SEGA \ Medieval II Total War \ mods)
    3) in the mods folder will be created (or you have to create) a folder named Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco, in which we will direct all extracted files
    4) be careful to have exactly this path: mods \ Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco, containing the animations, custom folders, data, logs, packs, preferences, plus two files
    5) in particular take care that there is not a double folder thi way: mods \ Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco \ Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco
    6) to start the mod, you have to double click on the batch file called Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco, which is located directly in the mods folder \ Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco

For those ones using Steam the procedure is this:
    1) extract the mod files wherever you want, maybe on the desktop.
    2) go into the mod folder (the address may be "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Medieval II Total War \ mods")
    3) there will be expansion folders Kingdoms (americans, british_isles, crusades, teutonic), choose one and copy it somewhere else, maybe on the desktop. Then remove all the contents of the original folder: for example, I have eliminated all of the "americans folder", hence that folder remains, but it is empty.
    4) Now go back to the folder with the extracted files of the mod and copy all the contents.
    5) Paste the contents into the empty folder ( "americans", for example)
    6) checks that the correct path is "... \ Medieval II Total War \ mods \ americas" and NOT "... \ Medieval II Total War \ mods \ americas \ Cronache_del_Ghiaccio_e_del_Fuoco"
    7) At this point open Steam and start Medieval II, ask if you start the main game or the Kingdoms campaigns. In my case I started "Americans" and automatically started the hack of the mod

I hope you will like it! There are some years of my life and a lot of sleepless nights inside this mod!

Above all, I hope there are some modders interested in helping me to go on with this project, to have also Essos and its factions in the game.

SONG OF ICE AND FIRE TOTAL WAR

a project by auc162

team
    Max.92* - Sgt. Noob - franky317* - Jon.Stark95* - Francesco Forel*

with main contribution by
    frederick the great* - schieppo* - Morell* - FORTEROCCA* - Erik il Conquistatore*

various contribution also by
    ReSirio* - Zames* - Shura10* - (_Giulio Cesare_)* - Lord Spif* - Ala di Corvo* - Seth Heristal* - Piboleon* - Ser Daven Lannis* - Dellaz* - RTW1996* - DrougDomitus95* - Keirosophos* - Fra.92* - AeleronTheAdmiral* - Generale Amulio Valerio* - Crusades96* - ciauasd* - SamuelBoemi* - Regaz-il-Messia*

translations by
    Hellbringer1642 - Warcrafthero - samboemi*

thanks for the material of which we have been granted the use to:
    - Pilbur*
    - Fabius* & Tancredi* (sub mod Lex Salica)
    - Inarus (some cities and castels models, user interfaces, musics from sub mod Game of Thrones)
    - riczu74 (mod "My Little Mode")
    - Agart e Overlord.RU (generic model for cities and castels)
    - Charge (new textures for strategic map from MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.0)
    - Banzai (animation of archers on elephant)
    - Niko (animazion bannermen)
    - GrnEyedDvl (temporal Script)
    - Lord Condormanius (some models for strategic map - New Strat Map Captains)
    - Hereje (some portrait for Summer Islands - African Native Portraits)
    - Gigantus (model for fort on strategic map)
    - Shab Wangy (Diplomacy mod)
    - TNZ (Garrison script)
    - Soupdragons (model Watchtower in pietra)
    - B.A.L.T.S. group "Lithuania Mod" (model cloak)

* Member of Medieval Total War Italia forum

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, I'm opening this topic to share with anyone interested a mod that we have been working on in the last two years, based on the novels of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE by George Martin. I am the leader of an Italian team, and the mod will be released in Italian (at least in the first phase, in the future I hope in English too) with the name of CRONACHE DEL GHIACCIO E DEL FUOCO Total War.

The main features of this mod will be the following ones:
    • A huge map (1 million pixels) including both Westeros (even land north of the wall) and Essos (according to Martin's Land of Ice and Fire). Below the map and then some pictures of the map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Disclaimer: models of city and castels are not my work, I hav to ask permission to use them in my mod

THE WALL

LAND OF THE RIVERS

VALE OF ARRYN

• About 30 factions; the ones from Westeros are finished, Essos are to be done. List is below:

- The Others
    - Free Folk
    - Watchers of the Night
    - Stark
    - Skagos
    - Greyjoy
    - Frey
    - Arryn
    - Tully
    - Lannister
    - Tyrell
    - Baratheon of King's Landing
    - Baratheon of the Stormland
    - Baratheon of Dragon Stone
    - Martell
    - The Faith
    - Targaryen
    - Dothraki
    - Slaver's Bay
    - Summer Isles
    - Bravoos
    - Volantis
    - Tyrosh
    - Myr
    - Lys
    - Pentos

• All the noble houses of Westeros are in the mod, and I'm talking of about 200 houses. It means that, if you play with the North, you will have about 10 different units for the Stark, recruitable in Winterfell, 10 units for the Umber in Last Heart, 10 for the Bolton in Dreadfort and so on for all the 24 houses of the North. And it is the same for all the factions, leading to more then 1.500 units in the mod. Each house has its officers, banner, shields, horses and so on. Below you may see just an example of what I've explained, with some units of Stark, Umber and Bolton.

STARK - WINTERFELL GUARDS

STARK - HEAVY INFANTRY

STARK - PEASANTS WITH SPEARS

BOLTON - INFANTRY

BOLTON - PEASANTS WITH SPEARS

UMBER - PEASANTS

UMBER - PEASANT ARCHERS

• There will be also war in the far north, with the Night Watchers, the Free Folk and the Others. Some preview below:

WATCHERS - RANGERS

WATCHERS - BUILDERS

FREE FOLK - INFANTRY

FREE FOLK - THENN INFANTRY

FREE FOLK - WARRIORS OF THE FROZEN SHORE

DEADS WALKING

• Timing: objective is to release 1.0 (Westeros only) in 2015 and 2.0 (with Essos) in 2016/17.

Any comment, suggestion, request for more info and of course help is more than welcomed .

OTHER PREVIEWS:
    - Loading screens pag. 3
    - The Others faction pag. 5
    - Some Essos units pag. 8
    - Summer Islands pag. 9
    Last edited by auc162; September 20, 2016 at 03:54 PM.

Domesticus

Default Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Great work, congratulations! ;-)

It will be a super mod!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You might not have noticed, but here Oh, and the links are dead
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Looks good but:
    All the noble houses of Westeros are in the mod, and I'm talking of about 200 houses. It means that, if you play with the North, you will have about 10 different units for the Stark, recruitable in Winterfell, 10 units for the Umber in Last Heart, 10 for the Bolton in Dreadfort and so on for all the 24 houses of the North. And it is the same for all the factions, leading to more then 1.500 units in the mod. Each house has its officers, banner, shields, horses and so on. Below you may see just an example of what I've explained, with some units of Stark, Umber and Bolton.
    There is a 500 unit limit. Unless you cracked the engine which is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Looks good but:

There is a 500 unit limit. Unless you cracked the engine which is illegal.
    Of course, but you can give the same unit in the edu to' more factions, so the total is greater than 500.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

24 houses still need 24 unit slots per unit type (spear etc) in the modeldb if all are represented (23 as bolton has its own faction). have you actually run the game with all 1500?

great
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    24 houses still need 24 unit slots per unit type (spear etc) in the modeldb if all are represented (23 as bolton has its own faction). have you actually run the game with all 1500?
    Yes, and it perfectly works. Of course units in the EDU are 500 and in battle_model are about the same number (since the same model is given to different factions, and then it is customized with its texture).

500 x number of faction... Just a skin change. A great work! Complimenti per il lavoro disumano!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Very nice!! E' bello vederti anche qui, sulla community internazionale!

Really really nice, now with two top notch ASOIAF mods, this bodes well for fans

For more details, below is the link to the Italian forum where the mod is on development, with much more previews
    Last edited by auc162; June 19, 2014 at 09:53 AM.

well good job man, I guess WTW has a rival now? rofl...
    anyways, did you do all that work yourself? it must have taken a pretty long time...
    good luck mate and happy modding.

NICE!

ottimo, sembra proprio promettente

ma non è che avete un pò esagerato con i "castelli" al Muro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    well good job man, I guess WTW has a rival now? rofl...
    anyways, did you do all that work yourself? it must have taken a pretty long time...
    good luck mate and happy modding.
    Well, it's 90% work of myself, done in the last two years. But now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    NICE!

ottimo, sembra proprio promettente

ma non è che avete un pò esagerato con i "castelli" al Muro ?
    E' colpa di quel malefico dello zio George, che ne ha messi tanti

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Grandissimo! complimenti, tutto da solo poi!

La butto lì: visto che hai detto di aver messo 160 regioni, non ti converrebbe mettere qualche forte anzichè tutti quei castelli? ti risparmieresti qualche regione in più per Essos.

Bravo ancora!

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    Grandissimo! complimenti, tutto da solo poi!

La butto lì: visto che hai detto di aver messo 160 regioni, non ti converrebbe mettere qualche forte anzichè tutti quei castelli? ti risparmieresti qualche regione in più per Essos.

Bravo ancora!
    Ciao e grazie per i complimenti. Il tuo spunto è utile, anche se per fortuna le regioni di Essos non sono moltissime. Ma se servirà farò come hai suggerito.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Awesome work. I remember hearing about this one a few months back. Hmm, I wonder which Westeros mod will be better?
    @Hannibal Ex Machina
    Yeah you guys definitely have competition especially if they already plan to have a 1.0 release by the end of the year.

Eh this looks freakin' insane. How long did it take for you guys to do all of this? Wow.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast