Thread: Im new and looking for multiplayer partners

Default Im new and looking for multiplayer partners

Hi all
    ive been playing Mtw for a while and now that i have broadband internet, i was wondering if i will be able to play some multiplayer games online.

i like Mtw better than the rtw(cos of the AI) .are there any groups/clans for multiplayer in mtw?

any suggestions?
    thanks

Civitate

Default Re: Im new and looking for multiplayer partners

Well for multiplayer i would say that RTW is the most popular, but MTW battles are more realistic(unless you have a RTW realism mod) .But when you log on to the MTW server, isnt there anyone one? if there why not play with them?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

MTW online community is split into three major communities. MTW, VI, and NTW and they all share the same lobby. MTW refers to the original MTW without the expansion pack. VI refers to the Viking Invasion expansion. And NTW refers to the Napoleonic Total War, a mod. The reason why the majority still plays MTW instead of VI is partly because many bought MTW before VI came out and are too cheap to pay for it now. Another reason is because of swipe. Swipe is a glitch that has now become part of the game, where you have to learn how to exploit it and how to stop players from exploiting it. Swiping is taking a cav unit and putting it in 1 row, then running past the enemy. This gives the cav a huge charge bonus and can plow down units if used properly. Many players moved to VI (which fixed the glitch) to avoid it, but many players have fun using it and trying to counter it, it brings a whole new level to the game. Other players, like myself, got involved in MTW clans, and never made the move to VI.

If you are looking for clans, you may consider the Knights of Legend {KoL}. I am the leader of the clan and we are a MTW clan, although we come to VI everyonce in awhile. You can find out info about KoL HERE.

Here are some more MTW clans:
    Sentio
    White Knights
    Camelot Clan

Here are some VI clans:
    7Bear7
    Aggony
    Tiger
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Hi all
    ive been playing Mtw for a while and now that i have broadband internet, i was wondering if i will be able to play some multiplayer games online.

i like Mtw better than the rtw(cos of the AI) .are there any groups/clans for multiplayer in mtw?

any suggestions?
    thanks
    well AI matters little when your in MP. I love RTW MP because you relly have a sence of accomplishment when you deffeat someone knowing your army took on another real army (human player always better then AI) and was victorious. My roman legion is hard to beat I lost like 2 or 3 but one a good 10 or 20. Its funny same tactic works each time.
    "There's Brave Men knocking at our gate, lets go kill them"

jj_mclure's Avatar Laetus

yeh,

i have both games installed separately MTW and VI.

whichever you want is fine by me.

let me know.