Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

Default Re: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

Steppe Wolf Master Mod Is Best Mod

Laetus

I'm going to see about this. thanks!!!!

Great mod,even though there is this HUGE obvious focus on Bulgaria,the modding team probably being from Bulgaria. Anyways you guys might want to check your Localisation - Decisions file,there are a few lines that need to be fixed because they are making the scenario editor unusable,it's nothing big,you just have to delete a few lines. Also I hope the bug which occurred in the previous version of this mod,with the event in the 1200's with the (re) forming of the Bulgarian state which froze the whole game, was fixed. Other then this and leaving out the Fatimid Caliphate I can't really complain about anything concerning this mod.

Hello!
    First of all, thank you, for making this forum, i could not use the one at paradoxplaza for some reason (you maybe know why... i'm working on that, really )
    So my problem/question is, that i play form 510, and i'm now in 1251, and in Europe, there ara only a few countries. There're Lotharingia, France, Saxons, East Francia, Lombardia, and a few other ones, but it was really hard me to make Bohemia and Poland form. I play Hungary, and i want Europe to have that small countries, but i don't know, how they will form. To make Bohemia and Poland form, i annexed the provinces that are needed to form these nations from the other ones, and gave them to one, who is in the right culture group, and that worked well. I used the decisions map to know the requirements (that was not easy, but it's nice now), but i didn't find the way to form for example Brandenburg.
    Is there any method to do that, or what i want comes only with the starting date?
    Thanks for the answers, and sorry, for my english, i tried to do my best..

sorry for double, i didn't find the edit option to my post.
    "I used the decisions map to know the requirements..."
    I wanted to write "folder" instead of "map". (in my language "mappa" means "folder", maybe that's why i wrote the bad word.)
    Just to be sure to understand
    thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andorjan View Post
    Hello!
    First of all, thank you, for making this forum, i could not use the one at paradoxplaza for some reason (you maybe know why... i'm working on that, really )
    So my problem/question is, that i play form 510, and i'm now in 1251, and in Europe, there ara only a few countries. There're Lotharingia, France, Saxons, East Francia, Lombardia, and a few other ones, but it was really hard me to make Bohemia and Poland form. I play Hungary, and i want Europe to have that small countries, but i don't know, how they will form. To make Bohemia and Poland form, i annexed the provinces that are needed to form these nations from the other ones, and gave them to one, who is in the right culture group, and that worked well. I used the decisions map to know the requirements (that was not easy, but it's nice now), but i didn't find the way to form for example Brandenburg.
    Is there any method to do that, or what i want comes only with the starting date?
    Thanks for the answers, and sorry, for my english, i tried to do my best..

Well first of all Europa Universalis,in general,is history in making,and you have to see it that way. So some countries might not even achieve what they did in history,or they might not even come to exist. But if you really want to make them,then you have to go to the "events" folder,and there you have to create new files for each and every country you want to see appearing,use other files from the folder as an example. If you really want to do it,you will figure it out

Thank you for the answer, i've already known this way of forming a country, i hoped, that there is an in-game method.

I think that the only in game method would be setting up cores,this would however result in having way too much cores,and you would end up having a mess in Europe. I still advise you to ask this on the paradox forums,they usually have the solution

i got steppe wolf mod for eu3 divine wind and i have a problem when i start a game that has some provinces without anyone (in america,africa,etc) i can see the resources but when i save the game and comeback to play all the provinces that no one colinized changes to unknow,and when i colonize almost all provinces stay with unknow forever, can someone help pls?

bratignat's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by viron1997 View Post
    hey guys.... after i download and put the files in the mod folder, i try to open the game with the mod but when it loading history file, it stops and it says that it cant open the 532 - Luneburg_SW file.... can anyone tell me what im doing wrong...i tried to redownload the mod but the problem remains . plz talk to me as soon as possible...i want to play the game with this mod!!!!!
    This issue comes because some operation systems dosen't support german language, and since the vanilla EU III there are provinces with german province/capital names. In the next versions we will fix this issue.

I've been playing this fantastic mod and loving it, however, I've run into one thing that really sours the experience for me. I was playing a Byzantine campaign starting around 1104ish and I just reached 1204 when BAM! The fourth crusade happens.

I'm a little annoyed at first when seeing the Latin Empire in place out of nowhere (and with the third strongest military in the world behind me and the Song Chinese no less) but I figure it's no big deal. I owned three quarters of the Mediterranean and have half a dozen vassals and a few allies to help me. Then shortly after I've come to grips with this another chunk of my empire arbitrarily rebels to the various historic Latin remnant states (i.e. Achea, Athens, Naxos etc.) and Venice.

About this time I'm thinking how my campaign was getting a bit easy and this could be a nice challenge to spice things up. I look around and realize I'm not at war with at least half of these Latin states and decide I'm going to just declare war on them all and take them in one swoop, saving the Latin Empire itself for last. Well bad news for me. I have reconquest causus belli on most of them, but I also inexplicably have great relations with them as well. Meaning each one of the half a dozen or so tiny countries I need to conquer will either require a swarm of diplomatic insults to lower relations (taking both diplomats and time), or a -2 stability hit each!!!

Still being confident (and a bit impatient) I brilliantly take the stability hit a few times lowering my stability down to -3. Now this was an ill-advised move admittedly, but not only did I have armies spread across my empire to deal with rebels, I knew for a fact that by cranking my stability slider to the max that full stability could be restored in a year or two no problem. The only problem was that my Iberian territories (which unfortunately had not cored yet) started spawning rebels like mad. Even when good stability was restored the spawn rate did not drop due to the massive legitimacy, prestige, and war exhaustion hits I've taken as a result of this.

Within a few months I had over a hundred thousand rebels in Iberia, about 150,000 troops from the Latin Empire, maybe 60-80 thousand more from the other Latin states combined to deal with, and to make matters even more awesome declaring war on Venice (who had inherited a good number of my territories from this catastrophe as well) threatened to bring the other half of Europe to war against me. All the while other states were gradually allying with one or other of the Latins against me and adding to the cluster**** up against me.

On top of everything when I did start to capture the Latins who I was automatically at war with it was somehow NOT a war of RECONQUEST!!! Meaning I had to give them an effectively free peace and wait 2 more years(!!!!) just to go at them again with the reconquest casus belli!

Worst of all, all this should have never have happened. Sure historically the fourth crusade screwed the Byzantine Empire royally and it was a long hard road to fix things, and one that was never really fully successfull. This isn't history! I was in command of a Byzantine Empire stronger and more fully recovered than Justinian commanded, and a rag tag group of Venetians and Latins were able to drag me into a state of annoyance great enough to get me to type this massive rant!?!?

If the game mechanics allowed a quick reconquest, as should be possible due to the strong state of my empire, this would be nothing but an exciting change of pace for me. However, the implausibility of this happening in this timeline, added to the sheer over-inflated nature of the threat, and finally the ridiculous fact that the wars against them somehow aren't already wars of reconquest make this a supreme pain in my rear!

Some of what happened is my fault, and while I spent plenty of time complaining I don't completely hate the idea. While it would be likely very difficult to only have the fourth crusade take place when it would logically make sense for it historically (when Byzantium is in fact weak and vulnerable) I'd like to see this scaled down a bit, and have the wars against the Latins be made wars of reconquest from the start.

I'm sorry if this came off as too negative, but this really put a damper on the amazing amount of fun I was having, and part of being a modder is getting fan feedback whether it's all happy or not. I do appreciate all the work put into this mod, and obviously you are under no obligation to change any of this if you see fit not too, but I just could not sit and say nothing. I'm probably going to reload a save before I made some stupid decisions and try again, so I'll post the results of my next try along with any more thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. I only rant because I care.

xsithpawnx

Edit: Just a quick note. I'm still playing the afore mentioned scenario on the same save and as of October 1204 in my spanish territories alone there are now just shy of 600,000 rebels!!!!!! Is this normal?!!!?? They are spawning in by the tens of thousands faster than I can close the notifications! I'm just going to abandon Spain as now the Abbasids are attacking me in the east as well, but I thought this was worth sharing!
    Last edited by xsithspawnx; September 03, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

I can recall very well the evnt for the Fourt Crusade, because I had a long time of consideration if and how to write it. On one side the Crusade was the final strike of centuries of tension between Byzantine Empire and The Papacy. So absolutely historical. On the other hand, the good side of Eu III is that we are able to change the history in the way which suits us (players).

Right now I don't have a very clear idea how to change the event. Maybe the best form would be some kind of chain events+decisions, which could make the tension higher, as the current event don't give much of choice in the end.

I will think about it, thank you for your feedback, actually I haven't experienced this event. I'm playing always with the archenemy of Byzantine Empire - the Bulgarian Tzardom, and actually in 1040 I did defeat Byzantine Empire...well also Russia, and Central Europe, Half of Italy. I'm curious, what if non catholic country holding Constantinopol is stricken by Crusade in 1204.....well first I have to give autonomy to papacy, but just on theory

The events of one country suddenly appearing in your lands greatly annoyed me as well,too often. I do understand that this is historical,but I must also remind the creators of the mod,that for example the fall of the Umayyad caliphate didn't happen over night (literally 1 day in EU) The Abbasid didn't just inherit the WHOLE caliphate,there were series of revolutions and civil wars. I must confess I often toyed with the game files,removing such events,or in this case setting it up so that I could continue to play as the Abbasid But then of course came the Seljuk invasion,and they just took 50% of my land. So I was thinking about editing it so that these events only happen to the AI,but I'm not sure if such difference could be made. I was also thinking of including events which by the timeline some new country should magically pop-up would rise the revolt risk in the provinces and spawn that culture,which ultimately if the country is weak would eventually bring the creation of that new country.

P.S. Also Hungarians don't belong into the slavic culture group
    Last edited by Kel'Thuzad; September 12, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Your observation is right on place. The old system of events foe formation of new countries was quite annoying. Gradually I'm changing the old system to 2 step chain of events. The first gives cores to particular provinces. After several years the second event is fired, which gives you the ability to choose between - giving autonomy t the state (giving up provinces) or refusing, which gets from you 1 point stability and triggers revolts in the above mentioned provinces. In fact this is the system used by the vanilla EU 3, so for me it seems fair?

I can't just delete all events for new countries, just imagine playing without Mongol Invasion.

Well now that seems better Well of course but there is a difference between the mongol invasion and a forming of some other countries during history,the mongol invasion should be left unchanged,even if in one of my games,they never even emerged,so there was no invasion,and I can tell you that changed the game completely
    Anyway I feel obliged to at least give you rep+ here,it's the least I can do for you and your teams effort

P.S. Also keep in mind to fix Bulgaria a bit,it's just way too strong

Oh, I just rewrite the Fourth Crusade, but it seems I will rewrite the Mongol invasion as well

In the latest versions of the mod, Bulgaria is not so strong (in fact it has more negative bonuses, then positive). Also Hungarians are (and from the begin of this mod ) in separate culture group with Proto Huns - Magyars (Hungary before Christianity)

So if you like to get the latest versions of the mod just check regularly our site or send me Private message.

thanks for the good words

So not sure if grave diggin or not but I simple do not care,I would post in PI forums but... ya know
    I have to say I loved your mod the detail of it all,I have only played for a few hours and as a Greek guy I have to tell you.. Please freaking nerf Greece,not sure if it is as easy in other nations but as WW1 Greece I was able to fill an army of 200k soldiers and pawn the Ottomans and my economy and inflation were fine.
    That however is the only negative

-) No crushes of any short
    -) Making alliances is easier and matters,I can form the Balkan league eventually
    -) I just always wanted to play in more dates and since EvW is a HOI game which I dont like you saved me
    -) The detail is gorgeous

Now some stuff you already know but France in 1900+ is still called Rev.France but thats not the problem,problem is that it steamrolls all of the map without making any peace deals,at 1 point I was ready to fight the OE just to see that France had captured all of Italy,Yugoslavia and Turkey (thank god I gave the MA or I would have been next)

Also I noticed some weird cores which make weird nations form,like a 1 province mamaluks bewteen Israel and G.Britain

This mod needs much nerfing,but you can do it yourself. Just today i found out that the medieval Bulgarian units were made much more stronger then the western ones,so I made a small fix on that I mean I had a hungarian army of 56k and the bulgarians had a 40k army and they annihilated me... Not to mention that they even had a spree of victories in wars against the Byzantines who are also made way too OP. I mean sure they inherited the Roman Empire but still their power was only weakening after Constantinople was captured by the crusaders,the empire never fully reincarnated. While we are at this,after the event where the Latin empire and the Empire of Nicaea spawn,the Latins literary do nothing. They have an army of 96k standing in Constantinople,Nicea is loosing the war with the Bulgarians and yet they decide to take no action that's odd.

btw bratignat the link you posted for the new mod is broken

Thanks for ruining my dream,I just took a large portion of the Mongol Empire with Bulgaria and felt proud
    Oh well,I have seen some weird things to,like Latins and Nicaeia in a war when Latins are just 4 provinces with no allies,and they white peace

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast