View Poll Results: What campaign would you like to play the most?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nations only campaign (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland & France).

10 40.00%
  • Clan campaign with 5 Kingdom of the Scots factions playable.

3 12.00%
  • Clan campaign with 12 Scottish Factions playable.

11 44.00%
  • Total War style campaign with all 21 Factions playable.

14 56.00%
  • Welsh Rebellion only campaign.

3 12.00%
  • Ireland only campaign with 3 factions playable.

3 12.00%
  • England Conquest campaign with only England playable.

4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Campaigns you'd like to see - Please vote in our Poll.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Icon2 Campaigns you'd like to see - Please vote in our Poll.

Greetings Lords and Ladies

I'd like to post a poll to better gauge people's interest in future campaign planning for the mod. You're votes would be appreciated as well as your thoughts and ideas as well. This is a multiple choice poll, so feel free to choose more than 1 type.

Single Faction vs Multiple Faction Campaigns

This post will be updated as people pick up on the points I have failed to mention.

Single (or few) Faction Advantage

The less factions choosable by the human player enables the designers of the mod to increase the difficulty level of the campaign by manipulating the AI factions and by adding specific scripting which won't affect all factions. For instance if we were talking about the English Conquest campaign this would enable the designers to give as much money, lessen troop costs and script specific events that would not affect how other factions operated. This would make the game much harder for England.

Single (or few) Faction Disadvantage

The creation of every camapign essentially increases the workload of designers and realistically enables this campaignonly to be played by those factions chosen. To add another faction to this campaig after the fact would take a lot of rework to ensure that financially (and scripting events) this new faction was viable.

Multiple Faction Campaigns

Traditional Total War campaigns obviously enables whatever factions to be chosen by the player and enables the designers to create a broad balanced campaign that plays as we are all used to. Scripting, money and unit costs affect all factions and must be more balanced to provide equal gameplay.

Summary

Please feel free to comment and add to this explanation of the differences between campaign style, as it is possible that I have missed a few defining factors.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 04, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Campaigns you'd like to see - Please vote in our Poll.

That's a very good idea friend. I wish someone did something equivalent for Rome.

Patrician

Thanks Hoplite of Ilis. I know what type of campaign I prefer and that is the total war style, but I also like the idea of the clans campaigns, because essentially that's why I'm making the mod to battle the clans, either as Scotland or against and then fight the English.

Hello.
    What I don't understand is how a standard campaign with any faction/sub-faction would differ from the reduced options you posted.
    Does it mean if we would like the game released earlier with only some bare-bones campaigns?
    Perhaps a detailed discussion would help us better understand the options of the poll.
    I would prefer all factions be playable and their campaigns as rich as possible.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Messremb; February 04, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Patrician

Hi Messremb....You raise some very good points, and I probably should ellaborate in the initial post, to help people understand what the major advantages and differences are by having single faction campaigns, Thanks for the reminder

The small campaigns are always really fun. No nation campaigns tho w/ only 5 factions way too vanilla. The 13 clan campaign and welsh rebellion or 21 factions should be where it's at

I think, that the first two campaigns are the only ones you can cut out. The others must be contained in the mod!!!

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Clan campaign with 12 Scottish factions. I would like to see this mod focus on Scotland. You can concentrate on the Scots, and not all other factions that divide you manpower and attention, giving the clans your full attention and not other non-Scottish factions. Of course, this would allow the team to add more flavor to each clan and make each one as unique as possible.

Patrician

Clan campaign with 12 Scottish factions. I would like to see this mod focus on Scotland. You can concentrate on the Scots, and not all other factions that divide you manpower and attention, giving the clans your full attention and not other non-Scottish factions. Of course, this would allow the team to add more flavor to each clan and make each one as unique as possible.
    This is exactly where the attention is now focused and where it should always have been focused. The mod would have been released two years ago if this had of been the case. I lost one of my major modders for this very reason two years ago when the mod was in full stride.

I plan to have more than the 12 scottish clans now as there will be no rebel regions, so every region will be held by a faction that is fully playable.

I think, that the first two campaigns are the only ones you can cut out. The others must be contained in the mod!!!
    Agreed, the first two campaings have been scrapped. Actually all other campaigns have been scrapped to focus on one to get the mod finished for the time being anyway.

The small campaigns are always really fun. No nation campaigns tho w/ only 5 factions way too vanilla. The 13 clan campaign and welsh rebellion or 21 factions should be where it's at
    The Welsh rebellion will be added later and tinkered with later.

Patrician

I'm closing this poll now as we've (the royal plural) changed our plans.