Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Great work Yoritomo, and good find on the maps. Have added the mines, and changed to silver mine for the Ouchi.
    Only one question left, what was more valuable as a trade item, gold or silver?

And sometimes a clan dies out when controlled by the ai, not sure why, I always save EVERY turn on a fresh savegame, so I can go back to ANY move, if an important clan dies out I normaly just reload and end turn again, quite often the clan leader doesnt die and the clan gets a heir later. (you can delete the entire folder that holds save games after an campaign, it regens a fresh one.)

Anyhow the new patch should be available very soon, by mid april.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by BiggBudd View Post
    (...)

Anyhow the new patch should be available very soon, by mid april.
    Waiting eagerly.
    I hope you can also add no-blood unit cards in new patch.

Thanks Bigg Budd! In China Silver was worth more than Gold, they revered Silver as a metal of the gods and the Imperial Family of the Emperor. Plus I believe Silver was less common than Gold in China, but don't quote me on that. The nations and people's around China would even trade Silver to China for China's famous Jade, so apparently Silver was way more expensive than even Jade in China. The Tibetans gave the Chinese Emperor a set of Silver bladed swords for ceremony for himself and his top generals, and He sent Tibet a chest of gold and jade. I know the Ouchi Clan got tons of Gold from China, and had more gold than even the Clans who mined gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    Waiting eagerly.
    All the cards would need to be done by hand, tis a lot of work, if you volunteering I will happily add them in a patch or option?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    Waiting eagerly.
    All the cards would need to be done by hand, tis a lot of work, if you volunteering I will happily add them in a patch or option?

Would it be possible for someone to add in an option for all of the factions to start with only 4 or 5 units per stack rather than the full on 20 unit armies? I personally find this unmanageable and find it easier to start with small armies and slowly grow as wars escalate.
    Last edited by Hazzard; April 10, 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to add in an option for all of the factions to start with only 4 or 5 units per stack rather than the full on 20 unit armies? I personally find this unmanageable and find it easier to start with small armies and slowly grow as wars escalate.
    Thats an easy mod to do, try it yourself first. Goto Rome - Total War\bi\shogun2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion, open descr_strat.txt file with notepad or word, as you scroll down you can see all the starting posistions, inc the stacks, just delete the units you dont wont or put a ; at start of line, eg.

Currant

character Motonari Mori, named character, leader, age 37, , x 119, y 101
    traits pagan 1 , GoodCommander 3 , Warlord 4 , StrategicSkill 1
    ancillaries veteran_centurion, famous_warrior
    army
    unit hatamoto_horo exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit ashigaru_yumi exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit samurai_yumi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit samurai_yumi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit samurai_yari exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit samurai_yari exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit ashigaru_yari exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit ashigaru_naginata exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit ashigaru_naginata exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit samurai_no_dachi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

modded (any line with ; will be ignored)

character Motonari Mori, named character, leader, age 37, , x 119, y 101
    traits pagan 1 , GoodCommander 3 , Warlord 4 , StrategicSkill 1
    ancillaries veteran_centurion, famous_warrior
    army
    unit hatamoto_horo exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit ashigaru_yumi exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit samurai_yumi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit samurai_yumi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit samurai_yari exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit samurai_yari exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit ashigaru_naginata exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit ashigaru_naginata exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit samurai_no_dachi exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

Now only the ashigaru yari will show with the general.

Started playing the Mori. Another good thing to change is the Mori having good sailers. The Mori were good in the water, like many other clans, especially since they had the Murakami next door. However the Mori should have the greatest swordsmen of any clan. Why? The Yagyu Clan, retainers to the Mori, and their sword teachers. The Yagyu Clan was renowned for their sowrdsmen, and trained the Mori Clan and its Retainers in the sword. When Tokugawa Ieyasu became Shogun, he had Yagyu teachers train his sons, and retainers. Yagyu Munenori was one of the greatest swordsmen in Japans history. He told Samurai he could defeat a horsemen with his sword. When asked to do so, the horseman sharged him, and Munenori smashed the back of his sword on top of the horses head, throwing the rider from the horse! So I'd change that with the other changes for the new patch, that would make the Mori more of a challenge as well. Just a thought though.*

Yep the Mori have better sailors and boats now, as for the swordsmen abilities, we can give the Mori more experienced sword units, say 2 levels on katana Samurai and No Dachi Samurai?

Yeah that would portray a higher level of swordsmanship for sure. That's only one of many reasons that the Mori were so successful. I can't wait for the new patch! It's going to be quite epic, and I look forward to loosing many happy hours to it!

Domesticus

Hey, I just got this mod, looks great! But how do I turn off windowed mode? I cant find the damn configuration file, if there is one. Well, there is one, but I see nothing about windowed mode

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Hey, I just got this mod, looks great! But how do I turn off windowed mode? I cant find the damn configuration file, if there is one. Well, there is one, but I see nothing about windowed mode

Thanks!
    Set your game options the resolution to the same size as your desktop, I run in 16bit mode too, ie; desktop is set to resolution 1920 x 1080 and 16 bit mode, my game is set to (go options in game) 1920x1080x16

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post

Thanks!
    Set your game options the resolution to the same size as your desktop, I run in 16bit mode too, ie; desktop is set to resolution 1920 x 1080 and 16 bit mode, my game is set to (go options in game) 1920x1080x16

Domesticus

Yay thanks! Works good

Had some cool ideas and caught a MAJOR mess up in the game that I didn't notice before for some reason. The mess up is when you beat the game, it says you become Emperor of Japan. Well no... When you defeat the other factions you become Shogun of Japan, so need to change that! Shogun was technically more important anyway, since you command the whole army, and pretty much the entire country while the Emperor just hangs out really.

Now for cool ideas! Something that may or may not capture interest, Special units that represent certain aspects of the faction. While I could definitely research all of the Clans further, I came up with some stuff off the top of my head that would be pretty awesome to implement into the game. The ideas are historically accurate as well, so it will fit into the game quite well.

Ii heavy horse- For the Matsudaira Clan. The Ii Clan were powerful retainers of Tokugawa Ieyasu, and charged into battle for him in their bright red and gold armor. It would effectively be a yari armed, red and gold, heavy cavalry unit.

Shimazu Fire Arrow- The Fire Arrow was a siege weapon that the Japanese were famous for using. Placed in a large heavy gun, or even light cannon, it was a heavy fire arrow packed in with gun powder. Great in siege situations, and would be quite cool to have.

Otomo Gun Cavalry- The Otomo have on two or three accounts that have been found, equipped light arquebus or pistols to cavalry units. So it be a gun/katana armed cavalry unit, nice and light and fast for skirmishing.

Mori Kensei- The Mori retainers of the Yagyu Clan taught superior swordsmanship to many within the Mori Clan. This would be a katana armed unit of 20 or 30, that would be a type of honor unit and heavy shock unit like the Hatamoto.

Oda Mountain Pike- Oda Nobunaga was a superior military genius as everyone knows, this is another example of his genius. Nobunaga made his Ashigaru pikemen carry a 26 foot long yari into battle on multiple occasions. This dwarfed the normal 16 to 18 foot that all other clans used. It gave Oda pike a considerable advantage in spear battles and against cavalry.

Amako Yamabushi- Yamabushi are Shinto warriors who worship forests and mountains above other natural formations. They practice Shugendo, and are renowned within Japanese history as mystics and tremendous warriors. They are the Shinto equivalent to Buddhist warrior monks. The model would be the Ikko-Ikki naginata monk, without the white head wrap, and add the black small conical hat of the Yamabushi with red pom poms on the armor.Yamabushi were renowned sword and naginata warriors, and were very feared.

Asai Shinobi-no-Ono- Bow and sword armed Ninja warriors. Extremely accurate, and sniper like.

Date Bullet Proof Armor- Date Masamune the greatest Daimyo of the Date Clan equipped many of his soldiers in a sold iron cuirass that could repel bullets! This caused much fear in the surrounding warlords of Japan, for the great advantage of guns were cut low. Masamune was so powerful, Toyotomi Hideyoshi wouldn't let him construct a heavily fortified castle, for fear that the Date would challenge him!

These are just a few ideas from the Clans that I know alot about. I'm sure that the other Clans had unique units as well, I'd just have to do research into it is all. Also I think that including some of the major Retainer families into the game would be amazing as well. Even if it was just one or two retainer families. Like the Urakami have the Ukita, and the Ouchi have the Sue, because those retainers gained their power after the Ouchi and Urakami fell out of favor. So for Takeda the Yamamoto family could be represented and the Nasu Clan for the Date Clan. Just a few thoughts and ideas to throw out there. I really love this Mod, and wold love to make it even more amazing.

They are some great suggestions, and would really add to the game, but I dont have a full time skinner anymore, i can ask Rarity as he done the battlefield ninja skins, but i doubt if he could do them all, any skinners out there?

Oh... Ok. Damn. Well... The retainer idea could be implemented, I can do research on the leading retainers for the clans. The Ouchi and Urakami Clans already have retainer families. Oda is Toyotomi, Date is the Nasu, Shimazu is Kikuchi, just for a added bonus. And YES! Skinners please apply or teach Me how to do it lol.

Ok so for my retainers idea, I figured just using one or two important retainers would add a more unique feel to the game. So instead of everyone from generals to diplomats coming out with one name (everyone with Mori, or Uesugi for example.) adding some retainers with one retainer leading the family in the family tree. Just like how the Ouchi have the Sue, and the Urakami have the Ukita. I did some research which isn't done but made some good head way, here we go!

Date Clan- Nasu famous member Nasu Masayuki

Shimazu Clan- Iriki-In famous member Iriki-In Shigetomo, also Kikuchi

Takeda Clan- Anayama famous member Anayama Beisetsu (1532-1582), Baba famous member Baba Nobufusa (1514-1575)

Uesugi Clan- Kakizaki famous member Kakizaki Kageie

Mori Clan- Ankokuji famous member Ankokuji Ekei (D. 1600), Yagyu famous member Yagyu Munenori

Amako Clan- Yamanaka famous member Yamanaka Shikanosuke (!545-1578)

Oda Clan- Toyotomi of course, then Ikeda famous members Ikeda Nobuteru (1536-1584) and Ikeda Terumasa (1564-1613) and lastly Hashiba famous members Hashiba Hidenaga (1540-1591 Toyotomi Hideyoshi's brother!)

Imagawa- Abe famous member Abe Motozane (1513-1587) and Okabe famous members Okabe Chikatsuna and son Okabe Motonobe (D. 1581)

Matsudaira (Tokugawa)- Honda famous member Honda Tadakatsu (super awesome general and retainer) and Ii famous member Ii Naomasa, the Kato could also be used with Kato Kiyomasa as famous member.

SO so far that's all I have. Those were just a few that I knew, and were in my library of books on Japan. It would add a nice uniqueness to the mod and again break up everyone being named for one Clan.

Agreed, it would be nice to have other names in the clan, but the game is hardcoded and im unable to mod multi clan names.
    They could be added as ancilliaries?

Domesticus

Any news on version 2.7?

I add family members to "minors clan"?
    Last edited by Crociato78; April 27, 2013 at 06:18 AM.