Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarca13 View Post
    I am thinking of doing a list of proposals for changes regarding the Rome Hosted Mods forum and I will ask for Ran no Jidai to move to the Post Roman timeframe. Ofc I don't know if anything will change. If you disagree tell me

And to add that the Oda banners were those of the Eastern Roman Empire. Not sth that bothered me, just to let you know.
    Agree, moving RNJ to post roman makes sense.
    Am surprised about the Oda banners, can I have a screenshot plz? Does anyone else got this fault?
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

So just a quick answear. If i download version 2.0 i need to download all the previous patches or it's enough to download only 2.5 to play the mod?
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

download rnj 2.0, then download 2.5, no older patches required.

also the file on version 2.0 appears to be corrupted. When i try to unpack the rar downloaded from mirror 2 it stops halfway. Also mirror 1 is a dead link. Is there any other adress were i can download the mod?

thanks for that but could you check out the mirror links?

i really wanted to try 2.0. I remember playing version 1. But withe the new improvements it souds very good to try out. But unless the mirror download link is ok nothing can be done.

Just tested the link, it worked fine, try again m8.

well i was able to download fine and checked last night. I like the map, town and the new skins for units. The game also runs nicelly. However when i tried to build a shipwright i think in Saga, northers kyushu the game ctd. Then i reloaded and do not build it and the game keepted run nice. Then again i got other ctd in one of the lands of the mori. I think that was when i build some seaferaing trade building. I also had some ctd in Kagoshima. I think some thing in not right with those building of in the script. So i will wait for a new version to appear more stable. In any case you did great job in RNJ congrats. Hope this small feedback helps to make it even better. Stay well and keep the good work.

well i think i must give up playing this mod. To much ctd's you know a grafic is quite dispendious so i'm not feeling that i wanted to screw my video plaque further.
    In any case here goes a small report. I played with shimazu clan in Saga the game ctd after building a dockyard this happened several times so i give up playing with the shimazu clan. Then i tried it out with the chosokabe clan the same happening in Koriyama or the other fortress next when i also tried to build a dockyard. Then i try the date clan the same happened in Mito. Then in the winter 1548 ctd, i reloaded the game ctd again, i reloaded a previous save fine for two turns then in 1550 ctd again. I give up. I would send you my last save from there please try it you will see what i'm talking about.
    I think i will wait for a much more stable version...a shame...the mod was great, loved the map, town, skins and characters. Anyways now i will send you my save in annex.

Happened to everyone I think. After some tries, my Hojo and Asakura campaigns are moving along.

I have finished several campaigns, inc shimazu, I always save every turn with a fresh number, turn off auto save as its buggy, and dont leave long periods of afk as that seems to corrupt save games.

i dont have any auto-save enable. So the issue is not that. But i posted my save. Perhaps in the future with a more stable version i will try this on. For now i already unistalled the mod. In any case good job and hope other version more bug-free will com to see the light in the nearfuture.

i dont have any auto-save enable. So the issue is not that. But i posted my save. Perhaps in the future with a more stable version i will try this on. For now i already unistalled the mod. In any case good job and hope other version more bug-free will com to see the light in the nearfuture.

Just out of curiosity: have you guys ever thought about converting RnJ to Medieval 2:TW?
    I mean, M2:TW has some features you guys wanted to add to RnJ (like the difference between castles and cities, foremost). The Papal States could be changed for the Emperor itself, asking the clans to do favours for him.
    So, you never asked yourselves if you could do the conversion, or there's a lack of interest/manpower?

I think the team has like 3 active people now, Leonn, Bigg Budd and Rarity-so it would be almost impossible to port all the things from Rome to Medieval 2. It would be good to try but it would take a few years for them to do it, and the knowledge to port/transfer things from Rome to Medieval 2 is really lacking here for this team.

Lord Ahrens, thanks for the answer!
    Well, so I suppose one can hope it's still a possibility, at least.
    I'm learning how to convert RTW units to M2, there are some good tutorials here at TWC.
    I asked that because I just started playing M2, and now I see how RnJ would fit perfectly in it.
    And last, but not least, the M2 engine lifted some limitations we see in the RTW engine (like 5 religions, more factions, more freedom in the cities architeture).
    Last edited by Yayattasa; November 15, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Yeah it would be a perfect fit for M2, i totally agree with you. Id recommend asking a few veteran modders of M2 for help, maybe they have some tips, or possibly they could help with the process. I know there is a samurai mod already going for M2, but it has no campaign yet-see if they want to add some RnJ stuff to it...I wouldn't mind sharing most of my work from our mod. For most of the other models for units, you might want to ask the head devs that used to wok on RnJ.

Heres their mod-http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1650
    Last edited by lord ahrens; November 16, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Greetings! Apologies if advertising is kinda frowned upon but again this is an opportunity you cannot miss!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=576058

Heres a chance to win 7 TW GAMES. FREE! Yes. My account is not possessed by an adbot.

Now why here? Well potentially, this one of the locations that parts of the TW community interested in the Sengoku Jidai frequent. (Like me ) And we need you Jidai otakus! Your research, your sources and ideas! Like Tachibana or other clans we might have missed in Seki.

Hope to see your input guys, and win this.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Okay so when I brought up the game it didnt completely fill up the screen as the Total War games usually do. It only covered part of it. So I brought up the game and tried changing the screen resolution, but that didnt help as it doesnt show my desktops screen resolution which is 1600x900. I mistakenly changed the screen resolution and the the settings for the game. I didnt know what the original stuff was so I deleted the Shogun 2 folder that Ran No Jidai installs, and installed RNJ again. I also installed 2.5 patch again, though I didnt see anything to delete and assumed it would just install over it and be okay. I tried playing and for some reason whenever I go to the area at the bottom of the the screen to try and end a turn, click on my army, look at my faction details, etc. I see the mouse moving at the bottom of the screen where the desktop shows. When I try to click on anything I cant, the game just freezes until I go back up into the map area and click on something else. I have no idea what I did to do this, and what to do to fix it. Please tell me someone here does know?

Change your desktop resolution the same as resolution in game and make sure you have it on 16 bit...The prefrences.txt file should already be changed to make the resolution normal. If your PC has a bigger screen which i see you have, you may want to try to lower it and match that in your video options in game, also make sure resolution ingame is 16 bit for battle map and then apply settings. If any more issues occur redownload the newest patch and the prefrences.txt will fix.
    Last edited by lord ahrens; December 08, 2012 at 10:32 PM.