Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Really Nice Mod LOVE IT !! Beautiful !

I really love this mod. I'm currently playing two campaigns: Hojo and Asakura, but I have a question. Don't know if it was answered already, but why there are no Naginata Kachi?
    Thanks!

The Hatamoto Yakko is the unit you want, is high level samurai unit armed with naginata, they rock!
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Isn't the Hatamoto armed with a Yari?

No naginata, check their stats.

Hmm, only found the Kinjyuu as Naginata wielding, for me at least, the Hatamoto is listed as (and is) wielding a Yari. Maybe it's the version of the mod I have?
    But anyway, I was thinking of something not so elite, like the common katana, yari and yumi kachi almost all factions have access.

Oops, the Hatamoto has the yari and katana , and the Kinjyuu have the naginata, my bad.

So, I think my first RTW sub-mod will be adding a Naginata Kachi to every clan, if the RNJ-team grants me the permission to do so, of course. Am I allowed to do it?

Well first you must find historic evidence the unit existed, and was used on the battlefield, then we can add it.

Finally, in 1274, the Yuan fleet set out, with an estimated 15,000 Mongol and Chinese soldiers and 8,000 Korean soldiers, in 300 large vessels and 400-500 smaller craft, although figures vary considerably depending on the source. They ravaged the islands of Tsushima and Iki, including piercing the hands of women and hanging them on their boats. They landed on November 19 in Hakata Bay, a short distance from Dazaifu, the ancient administrative capital of Kyūshū. The following day brought the Battle of Bun'ei (文永の役), also known as the "First Battle of Hakata Bay".
    We got the korean units done, but no Mongol units, if you want to work on anything, please have a go at the mongol units, and we could do a RNJ-1274 the Mongol invasion.

I like some of the mongols units in Rome Medieval. Maybe we could just ask them for permission?

Giving a good look at the units, I think some good retextures of BI units would be enough.

sounds good

I found the sarmatians, sassanids and huns units to closely resemble mongols. It will probably help me to learn how to texture and model for RTW :p

A bit of research showed me that the actual mongol fleets included close to no mongolians. The majority of the armies was composed of chinese and koreans, so the koreans units can be used as a part of the mongol forces

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since this is the general discussion, i will post here.

Just downloaded the mod and found it Magnificent!! Too too beautiful, the portraits, the traits, the units, the campaign map, the agents all of them are excellent. The feeling of Japan is there and definitely has a strong impact. Haven't played against a city yet, but from the screens, it seems like a Masterpiece.

I suggest you ask to move from the Rome Hosted Mods subforum of "Other" to the "Post Roman Timeframe", so the mod can become even more popular. Just a suggestion because it deserves so.

And since i just got it and did not play for long, i have a question regarding the low prices and 0-turn recruitment (for some). Doesn't this cause a too high number of stacks as the turns pass?

Men, i really thank you about this excellent piece of art.

Hi hannibalbarca, I am currently not working on this mod anymore but pop in here every once in a while to check on it but wanted to say thank you for kind words, we all worked very hard to make it a totally different feel from Rome vanilla....Your idea would be great to move it, Id wait to see if BiggBud pops up in here and see what he wants to do-he kind of took the reigns of the mod and helped make it what it is today. To answer about the 0-turn recruitment it is like this to make battles more dynamic and has to deal with population checks to slow game pace down. If you have problems with lag there are also references on the main page, enjoy the mod.

Oi lord ahrens you may not be working on anything (ATM), but you always be a RNJ dev and part of the team!
    And hannibalbarca13 thx for ur comments, and I agree the mod should be moved "Post Roman Timeframe" section.
    As for the 0 recruitment is only available for ashigaru units, which were given the minimum training, and could be trained quickly in numbers in real life, where as the samurai units take multi turns.
    If the mod is played as designed. ie on huge unit size, the Ai stacks are balanced by population growth and the economy, dunno what happens on other settings thou.
    There is a patch due out in the next few days, makes the game much better IMHO, and has a new unit and a new skin for the Katana ashigaru unit, the ikko-ikki get the proper yumi skin, (lord ahrens lastest work), and the ronin and mercs have been redone.

Then, i am going to wait for the new patch to start a new long campaign Until then, i will admire the game.

If you ask a moderator to move to "Post Roman Timeframe" and need support, I am here.

I am gonna jump into the game right now

I am thinking of doing a list of proposals for changes regarding the Rome Hosted Mods forum and I will ask for Ran no Jidai to move to the Post Roman timeframe. Ofc I don't know if anything will change. If you disagree tell me

And to add that the Oda banners were those of the Eastern Roman Empire. Not sth that bothered me, just to let you know.