Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.0 for Clean 3.2

i played a lot already, everything is fine, just crash sometimes in battles, but i think its TATW problems.

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.01 for Clean 3.2 (Boromir Patch released)

Hey guys im working now in a patch that will fix some bugs i didn't notice

Just a question about new units: Do they have voice in battle? i mean, like calling their own names when selected, Do they?
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.01 for Clean 3.2 (Boromir Patch released)

some of them have but the most havent...(

Mae Govannen!

I have installed this rather handy mod, (saves me trawlign through and implementing them myself so thank you!) However, all the units have "unlocalised placement text". It has been so long since I added units around and I can't remember where to fix that otherwise I would do it myself.

Great mod anyhow

Navaer.

EDIT: Scratch all of this, it was my fault, I have added your map to my vanilla version that also has the new map made for DAC by FireFreak. I had to tweek a few things but now everything works perfectly, and all the units speak as well. No unlocalised placement text, no crashes and a tonne of excellent Dol Amroth units (my favourite additions). All the other units too of course.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 03, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Will this work with a clean TA 3.2 with the new DaC map?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

it should be if they only edited the building and unit files

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Will this work with a clean TA 3.2 with the new DaC map?
    I did just that very thing yesterday. You have to make sure that the descr_regions file in this mod does not overwrite the one present after installing DAC map. Then you will need to manually add a hidden resource of 'minas_ithil' to the EDB and add a alue of minas_ithil to the morgul-vale province in descr_regions. Otherwise the game will crash automatically. If that doesn't make sense I will try to re word it. Long story short, I did it yesterday and it has resulted in a great game.

You lost me at yesterday... haha, no but hidden resource?
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

In the EDB, fairly near the top is the list of the all hidden resources within the game. (bare in mind, this is only for the Minas Ithil Guardians) Anywho, you need to add 'minas_ithil to that list. Then go to the descr_regions file in the World/Maps/Base and add minas_ithil to the list of hidden resources in the morgul-vale region.

so this stuff has AOR my bad

Morgul-Vale_Province
    Morgul-Vale
    england
    No_Rebels
    255 140 200
    mountains, crusade, no_brigands, trolls, roads, big_city
    religions { catholic 87 orthodox 0 islam 0 northmen 0 heretic 5 numenorian 8 }

marked i red are were hidden resources should go in desc_regions

so just comma + space the type minas_ithil

i believe i haven't added units in so long
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 04, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: oh god the typos

Okey, I understood half of that so I will try it now

Still dont know what the EDB, but I need to open it and put mountains, crusade, no_brigands, trolls, roads, big_city somewhere there, but still dont know what to put where.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 04, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Morgul-Vale_Province
    Morgul-Vale
    england
    No_Rebels
    255 140 200
    mountains, crusade, no_brigands, trolls, roads, big_city, minas_ithil
    religions { catholic 87 orthodox 0 islam 0 northmen 0 heretic 5 numenorian 8 }

eh .. no lets try this again

the hidden resource you are adding is minas_ithil for the guardians

the above spoiler shows desc_regions the green are the hidden resources the red is what you want to add there is a space between the comma and minas_ithil
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 04, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Okey, I understood half of that so I will try it now

Still dont know what the EDB, but I need to open it and put mountains, crusade, no_brigands, trolls, roads, big_city somewhere there, but still dont know what to put where.
    As every one on here says, we all start somewhere. I do not presume you are stupid, quite the contrary but I will go through it stage by stage. Sorry if the post is long:

Firstly I should say that if you are not fussed about Minas Ithil Guardians, then none of this matters and just apply stage 1.

Stage 1:
    1) Install Dac
    2) Run the installer for Benox's mod but select the location as anywhere but the actual destination (The desktop is the easiest)
    3) Go into the data file of Benox's mod (which we will now call BM) and take out (you don't even need to keep it) the 'world' folder.
    4) Now copy the data folder (right click - copy) into the Third age 3 folder and overwrite and merge when asked to.
    5) Follow the instructions on BM's first post of the thread with regards to deleting things.
    6) That is it. All of the units except the Minas Ithil Guardians are available. (The Guardians are available in custom still though)

Stage 2: (If you want MIG in game)
    1) Make a backup of any file mentioned herein!
    2) Find the descr_regions in your third age 3 directory (in the data/world/maps/base folder)
    3) Open it and do a search for 'morgul-vale'
    4) In the hidden resources row, add minas_ithil (make sure to follow the same pattern as those before, so a comma then a space.)
    5) Delete the map.rwm
    6) That is it. You can forget about the EDB I and Knight mentioned earlier as I remembered that that file will be made ok when you merge BM data folder with the vanilla+DAC one.
    7) I hope that helps!

editing my post to remove the EDB bit then

we will get you there in the end somehow
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 04, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    editing my post to remove the EDB bit then
    We are both just too eager to help hahaha!

You two are best :-D
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Im missing following units:

Gondor Cavalry'
    Dol Amroth Squires (+dismounted)
    Fountain Guard
    Swan Knights of Dol Amroth (+dismounted)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 04, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Gondor Light Swordsmen
    Winged Swordsmen
    Gondor Archers
    Master Rangers of Ithilien
    Wardens of the White Tower

And many many more. I have captures the cities around Gondor and "cheated" with builidng every builing and getting 100% religion in every cirty but still missing many units. many are standard also like Gondor Cavalry and Gondor Archers.

*double post*
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 04, 2013 at 03:34 PM.