Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release 1.0 ( For Vanilla 3.1 now with easy installer)

Quote Originally Posted by Benox View Post
    Not at all, according to the log must be something messed up with G5 Bad IA..
    But shouldnt it be crashing with vanilla units too if it were something related to G5 AI? Proximusj, can you pls upload your files after you test the other units pls?
    Last edited by paradamed; February 23, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release 1.0 ( For Vanilla 3.1 now with easy installer)

Maybe its the general? However I dont see any reason why. After all thy work in any other battle and only texture and model lines are replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Maybe its the general? However I dont see any reason why. After all thy work in any other battle and only texture and model lines are replaced.
    I agree with you about this, but its true.

Did some more testing, the following units worked without any problems:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    • Rangers
    • Kingsguard
    • Fountain Guard
    • Gondor Archers
    • Gondor Infantry
    • Gondor Spearmen
    • Early Flag Carrier
    • Siege Crew
    • General Bodyguard

The game keeps crashing when I add the new General and Captain lines in modelsDB file.

Hope this help.

I think I may have found the source of the problem: Generals in vanilla TA have a bit different bone structure then mine (with were based on normal unit skeleton). I will try to edit mine to add new bones as I dont want to re-rig whole models again.

EDIT: Wait a minute. If it was generals causing crashes then why they work in custom battles and any other working campaign battles?
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Well, I don't know.

The fact is that if I merge the General or Captain lines of Benox modelDB file into mine it will work and I'll be able to play with all units. The problem comes when sieging Minas Morgul, Minas Itil and probably some other settlements the game will crash in the loading screen.

edit:

Oh, remmeber I'm not including all units into the game just vanilla ones. So there are some other units that will have to be tested (ex. gondor_officer, gondor_banner_carrier_ug0.5, gondor_wardens_white_tower, etc.).

Uploaded a modified version of Benox modelDB file with General and Captain vanilla models. Could someone using complete Benox compilation test it, please?
    Last edited by proximusj; February 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I used your file, proximusj, but still crashed at Minas Morgul.

if it helps malthus' problem attacked me after about turn 15

the crash with minas morgul is different, just see the log
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

I'm really enjoying this mod so far. Thanks to Taro for the units and to Benox for gathering the files into a mod.

I have one question though. What are the requirements for getting the feared osgiliath vets? I have looked in the building bowser, but I can't seem to find them.

Thanks again for making the gondor experence soo much better!

after the first military report they are in the 3rd range that can be built

the report occurs somtime around turn 40

has anyone figured out whats causing the crashes?

not yet, sorry, seems it's something wrong with BG
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

sorry for the noob question but.. BG?

I think its problem with general rather then bodyguards. Best would be to get to the point you have a battle that crash every time and experiment with reverting back to vanilla TA models and textures. This way it will be possible to pinpoint the cause.

My gues is that carash is cause by generals using different skeleton.

how do u get dismounted bodyguards

AFAIK you only get them with few generals at start, otherwise they are unavaible.

Maybe they should be avaible at high level of town hall?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor FA 455 View Post
    how do u get dismounted bodyguards
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    AFAIK you only get them with few generals at start, otherwise they are unavaible.

Maybe they should be avaible at high level of town hall?
    Withwnars submod ought to be of interest here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=490115

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

and also how do you get osgiliath veterans clean version

Ok lads, it seems that benox isnt around right now. Its pretty bad as I re-rigged general and family member to skeletons used by vanilla TA generals. I would like to test if this solves the problem with random crashes.

I need someone who knows how to work with battle_models.db. I have 2 model files and only replacing old one is needed. However I want to pinpoint exact cause of these crashes. Best way will be to get to the siege that WILL cause crash and: remove units one by one and if that dont help: edit models.db to again use vanilla models and textures.

Default Re: [Beta Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release (Vanilla 3.1)

Good work but.......... every battle is buggged. makes it imposible to play, i now have to reinstall.