Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release (Vanilla 3.1)

Ok, but what should I do to replace the textures of the vannila units, whitout adding the new?

by the way when i tried to add Osgiliath veterans (random choise), when I added them in the EDU the game stopped launchig properly- and Emperor from Hell said it was easy

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release (Vanilla 3.1)

Great job on packing the lovely new units into a mod! I seem to have a problem though. When I unzip the data it is not packed into a datafolder, so I cannot just overwrite the existing one. Am I doing something wrong?

There is data folder inside open beta folder. You just drop it into Third Age folder and overwrite.

Replacing vanilla units can be done for any mod, for this use my modders resource.

Right ive tried at length and reinstalled a clean version of tatw 4 times now :-( im giving up for the moment. Im sure this is the best ever mod once you get it going but to an only just computer literate person its a bit inaccessable, maybe in the future you could make it easier to install like the way barons or vanilla is with an "easy installer" sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your work. ill check back in in future and maybe have another go. thanks.
    One does not simply walk into Pakistan!

Damn man, dropping and replacing files isnt rocket surgery. There arent any more special stuff to be done except for removing map.rwm.

Here is what you need to do;

1. If you have this submod downloaded you have "Taro_M_NUGBeta.rar" archive on your HD
    2. Open that archive and you will see "Open Beta" folder, open it and you will have "data" folder and readme file.
    3. Now open second window and go to your "Third_Age_3" folder (Medieval II Total War\mods). Now you should see "data" folder and executables and few other folders.
    4. Copy "data" folder from the archive into Third age mod folder. You will be asked to replace files, replace all when asked.
    5. Go to "Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base" folder and delete Map.rwm

Thats it.
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 12, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

Don't despair kid, i'll make an easy installer soon
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

If you want I could also make you one.

Thanks but I already did it, just with winrar nothing really great but it works, now it's uploading...

---------------

Seems upload failed, I'll upload it later
    Last edited by Benox; February 12, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release 1.0 ( For Vanilla 3.1 now with easy installer)

Full version 1.0 with easy installer

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjs18qqsxre3shr

Default Re: [Released]Taro_M's New Units for gondor - Campaign Release 1.0 ( For Vanilla 3.1 now with easy installer)

Wow didn't expect that! Thankyou! Sorry for my ignorance but I did try lots even looked up modding. I'm over the moon these units are epic!!!!

Emperorrick's Avatar Foederatus

First off: Wow the new unites really look amazing! Love the new te diverse new roster. I've made the mod compatible with the Archer Accuracy mod. If anybody is interested PM me and I'll post it.

BTW I've noticed that the bow string animation isn't implemented into these models. Are you planning on doing this in the future? (I know it's a job to give them these animations)

I dont think taro would do that since it's only a detail, and a tedious detail.

Also I would have to re-rig whole models to new skeletons. WAY to much work then its worth.

Love boromirs/denthors new b/g unit! those winged swordsman are cool aswell. I cant believe how much choice of units there are! surely the most unit selection of any TW game ever? my fave submod BY FAR! + rep benox and + rep Taro for the mod and the making the installer within hours of me asking! seriously cool guys!
    Last edited by optimuslouis; February 13, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Hello,
    at first I want to say that I simply love this submod so thanks to Taro_M as well as Benox.
    But I have an issue wenn fighting near or in Mordor´s settlements. I can only fight them automaticly as fighting on the battlemap leads to a repeatable crash while in the loading screen.

Did I install something wrong? Apart from this problem, everything works quiet fine. I know there is this known issue with possible crash at Minas Morgul, so at first I thought ok that has to be this known problem, but then I went on to conquer Barad Dur and so on, and was not able to fight one single battle myself wenn attacking Mordor settlements or fighting units standing right next to a Mordor settlement. So i had to fight big orc stacks in the open to be able to autoresolve city fights.

I hope there is a way to get rid of this problem

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

You didnt install it wrong. There is an unknown crash when attacking Minas Morgul. I have no idea why.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's the dark powa's of WK
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

What kind of dark magic is this!?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I believe Benox may accidentaly messed up some file. I could notice the uruks have a messed up texture for their swords in this submod. It makes no sense Taro's units causing crash by themselves, let alone on Minas Morgul only and in no other custom settlement. I dont know maybe something messed up in descr_strat?

That is odd, I didnt touch Uruks. Tell me with unit cause proble.