Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.01 for Clean 3.2 (Boromir Patch released)

And, I get no income from taxes. Trade is 16000 and tax is 3300 with 18 full upgraded settlements?

After 76 turnes none of the missing units (Swan Knights, Gondor Cavalry, Dol Amroth Sqires, Gondor Archers) are available. I get some of the new units thought but missing to many to play this amazing mod on DaC, sadly...

I dont think you can use this mod with the DaC map....
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 04, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.01 for Clean 3.2 (Boromir Patch released)

My mod doesnt touch the EDB, so the only thing you have to do to make this compatible with my mod is to not overwrite the descr_regions and add minas_ithil to the morgul_vale province. Make sure you overwrite the vanilla EDB with this mod's one or you will not be able to recruit units (adds all the units to the barracks, archery ranges, etc).

Also, DONT let this mod overwrite the descr_strat file either. Basically, dont overwrite any files in the world folder with ones from this mod and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    My mod doesnt touch the EDB, so the only thing you have to do to make this compatible with my mod is to not overwrite the descr_regions and add minas_ithil to the morgul_vale province. Make sure you overwrite the vanilla EDB with this mod's one or you will not be able to recruit units (adds all the units to the barracks, archery ranges, etc).

Also, DONT let this mod overwrite the descr_strat file either. Basically, dont overwrite any files in the world folder with ones from this mod and you will be fine.
    I tried that but I was still missing many many units in recruitment (after Minas Tirith was upgraded with every building) but also got many many new. (so I must have done something right)

Anyway, still dont know what the EDB is and you said this mod so many times I didn't know if you were referring to Taro or your map mod :-)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 04, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

EDB = export_descr_buildings

Finally!! :-D still dont explain why Im missing Gondor Cavalry, Dol Amroth Cavalry, Swan Knights and Gondor Archers.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Finally!! :-D still dont explain why Im missing Gondor Cavalry, Dol Amroth Cavalry, Swan Knights and Gondor Archers.
    Are they the only four you are missing? As I they are present in my own game. What I wrote down in the stages thing is exactly what I did and I had no problem.

I have looked at the files for DAC and the files for Benox's mod and the only place they overlap is the world folder. So anything wrong with taxes will be vanilla or the map mod. I would suggest that if you aren't getting those units but you are getting the large amounts of others, there may be a problem with your version of Benox's mod. Sorry.

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

Hi guys I released a new patch for this mod, this patch fix some armor issues and add missing unit dol amroth archers, also I hope it fix the battle voice issue
    Tell me if it's anything wrong
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Default Re: [Campaign Release]Taro_M's New Units for gondor 2.1 for Clean 3.2 (Bug fixer patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Are they the only four you are missing? As I they are present in my own game. What I wrote down in the stages thing is exactly what I did and I had no problem.

I have looked at the files for DAC and the files for Benox's mod and the only place they overlap is the world folder. So anything wrong with taxes will be vanilla or the map mod. I would suggest that if you aren't getting those units but you are getting the large amounts of others, there may be a problem with your version of Benox's mod. Sorry.
    Im missing around 40% of the units listed at the preview but if you have them, then it must be something wrong from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Benox View Post
    Hi guys I released a new patch for this mod, this patch fix some armor issues and add missing unit dol amroth archers, also I hope it fix the battle voice issue
    Tell me if it's anything wrong
    The link dont work? :-)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 05, 2013 at 10:41 AM.

I add a new link in mediafire hope it works

In the features section it says that you can recruit generals. Am I right in saying that 'Guards of the Tower' are the recruit able Generals?

Correct, they're recruitable from the same place than diplomats, also dismounted general bodyguards are recruitable

Thanks for making this! I always preferred vanilla TATW above the big submods, but I miss the awesome extra units for Gondor. I have one question: I have a file which changes the Gondor family tree. It's the Uncle Imrahil minimod. Can I just extract the files in the TATW folder or while this crash the whole thing?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Thanks for making this! I always preferred vanilla TATW above the big submods, but I miss the awesome extra units for Gondor. I have one question: I have a file which changes the Gondor family tree. It's the Uncle Imrahil minimod. Can I just extract the files in the TATW folder or while this crash the whole thing?
    I believe there might be issues, can make a check later tonight and report back on it; should be no issues to merge if a problem at least

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the response! Yes please let me know what you found out!

Right, there's one file they share, the descr_strat.txt file in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

I describe how this is merge on a fresh installed TATW;

1) Install Uncle Imrahil's minimod* over your TATW

2) Open data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and cut out descr_strat.txt, place it on the desktop or somewhere

3) Install NUG2+patches over your TATW

4) Open data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and open the descr_strat.txt (that comes with NUG2)
    If it's only the Uncle Imrahil submod* you installed use then change this:

Code:
    ;character    Anborn, assassin, male, age 20, x 120, y 248
    ;traits GoodAssassin 5 , NaturalAssassinSkill 3 , AssassinsGuildMember 1 , AssassinsGuildTrained 1

character_record    Finduilas, female, age 45, dead 38, never_a_leader    ;born 2950

relative     Denethor, Finduilas, Imrahil, Boromir, Faramir, end

;character    Bergil, admiral, male, age 36, x 241, y 165
    into this (found in the descr_strat.txt from the Uncle Imrahil on your desktop)
    Code:
    ;character    Anborn, assassin, male, age 20, x 120, y 248
    ;traits GoodAssassin 5 , NaturalAssassinSkill 3 , AssassinsGuildMember 1 , AssassinsGuildTrained 1

;Gondor family
    character_record    Ecthelion, male, age 90, dead 3, past_leader
    character_record    Siliwen, female, age 80, dead 8, never_a_leader
    character_record    Finduilas, female, age 45, dead 38, never_a_leader    ;born 2950
    character_record    Glirien, female, age 33, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record    Elphir, male, age 0, alive, never_a_leader

relative    Ecthelion,    Siliwen,    Denethor,    Glirien,    end
    relative     Denethor,    Finduilas,    Boromir,    Faramir,    end
    relative    Imrahil,    Glirien,    Elphir,    end

;character    Bergil, admiral, male, age 36, x 241, y 165
    5) Open data/world/maps/base and there delete map.rwm
    Works for new campaigns

*or the family tree minimod of your choice; if you use the one that contain all 3 factions then also copy paste the Eriador and Dwarves family sections [character_record- and relative-lines]. This is why you should save the minimod's descr_strat.txt on the desktop
    Also remove Arwen from the High Elves.
    With all that done you can then delete the descr_strat.txt from the desktop
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 25, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks! I'm gonna use this!

Having a problem, only Denethor shows up in the family tree. I don't know what I did wrong.

Would guess it's something concerning spaces between letters, when copy pasting such can be corrupted and it's a sensitive matter.
    I'll see if I can make the descr_strat-fix for you; what version of the minimods did you use? Only Gondor?

Never mind! I got it, it was a space between letters. Indeed very sensitive.

Glad it worked out