Thread: Warpath soundtracks have taken over...

Default Warpath soundtracks have taken over...

I'm sure this has been reported a hundred times, but I can't find a thread on-point (there are simply too many threads/posts to sift through).

At any rate, I recently (for the first time) started and played a Warpath Campaign as the Plains Nations. I can't really be sure if the problem predates that campaign or is new, but I never noticed it before. Now I'm playing the Road to independence campaign again, and every single battle has the music from the warpath battles in it.

I'm playing Americans vs. British, Spanish, etc. and it's always Indians chanting in the background. It's like the Warpath soundtrack has taken over. It also happens in all the custom battles, too - no matter who is fighting or where it takes place (Austria vs. Prussia in Bavaria? Indians chanting. Russia vs. Sweden in Siberian Plateau? Indians chanting. Etc.). It's gotten well past old, and I'd like to know why it's doing it, and how to stop it.

Info: I have all DLC and fully updated (ETW and NTW Gold, retail).
    Not running any mods, no core files altered (only edited the savegame once with ESF editor, and just gave US some emergency funds, but the problem was before that, anyway).
    Happens whether I'm running Steam online or offline.

Thanks for any help.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Warpath soundtracks have taken over...

Huhh, I personally never had that problem.

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Actually, I'm playing the US at the moment in Chaprter 4, or in other words, the US Grand Campaign and I must admit I also noticed some distinctly Indian music while fighting a battle in the wilderness west of Texas (me (USA) versus some troublesome Spanish half stacks). Did think it odd at the time, but pretty sure not all the battles I've fought to date in this campaign have had that kind of sound track. Seems very odd that you're encountering this.

Dare I suggest getting Steam to validate the files? You may end up with some serious downloads if it isn't happy with files tho. I've never had to do that yet thankfully. This is also more of a tech support thread. Try looking in there to see if anyone's had similar issues and/or how to address this kind of problem.
    Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"-- with his mouth.
    Mark Twain - What Is Man?

Don't get me started about this games music. Have you heard the Indian battle music?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Update: I've had a few battles today that didn't have the warpath music blaring in the background, but I'm still getting it on and off when there are no Indians whatsoever on the field (Just replicated the problem in a custom battle too; US vs. UK, Anatolia).

@ DeValiere: I actually just did validate - no issues. And you're right, it is odd - I played the entire campaign through before quite a few times and never noticed this. And, even if it wasn't happening all the time, it should never happen in a battle where only "European" powers are on the field - it makes the whole battle weird when random Indians are chanting while the US and UK are having it out over who gets Maine.

@ UCMENOMOR: Yeah. I heard the Indian battle music. That's what we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by draig glas cysefin View Post
    Update: I've had a few battles today that didn't have the warpath music blaring in the background, but I'm still getting it on and off when there are no Indians whatsoever on the field (Just replicated the problem in a custom battle too; US vs. UK, Anatolia).

@ DeValiere: I actually just did validate - no issues. And you're right, it is odd - I played the entire campaign through before quite a few times and never noticed this. And, even if it wasn't happening all the time, it should never happen in a battle where only "European" powers are on the field - it makes the whole battle weird when random Indians are chanting while the US and UK are having it out over who gets Maine.

@ UCMENOMOR: Yeah. I heard the Indian battle music. That's what we're talking about.
    No, I am talking about Indians.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I've also experienced this problem. I stopped trying historical battles because every time it was some epic battle between Prussia and Austria or something I'd hear that annoying Warpath music. I don't know why Warpath is so invasive, I don't even own Warpath, but if someone finds a way to prevent this crappy music playing I'd be very happy.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Same here, but this 'soundtrack' even appears in my campaign map sometimes. Not the full song, but sometimes I hear some natives singing in the background, which is weird because I was playing Prussia in Europe.
    “Words are dwarfs, deeds are giants.”
    - Dutch proverb

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Ha! Gotta laugh at some of the things that happen with the game. That, or cry....
    Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"-- with his mouth.
    Mark Twain - What Is Man?

I usually have my music turned off. When I play Darthmod I have the classical music pack installed. That's really the only time I actually listen to the games music. I turn off music when I fight in India either way...

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

This started happening to me today, I was playing an Austrian vs Polish battle, in Europe, regular campaign and I was wondering what was that was annoying me, then I noticed, what is that noise? Indian drums in the background! They were not so clear-cut because they blended with the gun noises. And a chant. Now this is really a mood breaker, so I turned the music off. I hardly ever play Warpath, but I think I don't like chants too much even there.

Battles without music aren't that bad at all, but I hate it when anything is broken with a game. This problem is old, but like the OP I wasn't able to dig up anything with a search. Could some recent update have reactivated this?