Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

Default Re: Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

Unfortunately this amazing mod does not work with FOTS. Which is a shame as I had gotten used to not seeing enemy stacks change from low tier troops to elites in one turn. Any chance this mod will be updated to work with the expansions or has someone else made a 'no cheat' mod for the AI?

Nice mod Yarkis it's very helpful !

No more half stacks of katana samurai/cavalry from god knows where! The AI will still spam units since money is no object to them. But at least they are limited by the actual buildings they have.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Patchythepatched View Post
    Unfortunately this amazing mod does not work with FOTS. Which is a shame as I had gotten used to not seeing enemy stacks change from low tier troops to elites in one turn. Any chance this mod will be updated to work with the expansions or has someone else made a 'no cheat' mod for the AI?
    jap_boshin CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY 0

How to make this work for FOTS?

Where is this? jap_boshin CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY 0

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Setuna View Post
    How to make this work for FOTS?

Where is this? jap_boshin CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY 0
    let me know if it works:
    yarkis_reduced_ai_cheating+fots.7z

I think that you need to start a new campaign, maybe.

Yep I think its working as intended

This is ACE!!! Is it also possible to stop their eco boost? To really make them play by the same rules we do? So that you can finally wage economic warfare against someone?

Foederatus

Many thanks. A ton of help. I hate AI cheating - it's so immersion breaking.

wow i never new that the ai cheats like that thanks i'll give this a go

Link down for anyone else?

thank you very well for your support

Your mod is worthless :-/ CAI is still cheating like crazy.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by hackfraysn View Post
    Your mod is worthless :-/ CAI is still cheating like crazy.
    Is it not still working as intended? The mod reduces the occurrence of unit class conversion...it doesn't eliminate it entirely. Consider that along with the effect of numerical handicaps and FOW uncertainty when judging.

This mod addresses a situation where the advantage given to the AI departs from purely numerical bonuses and strays into territory where it violates basic game mechanics. A good sportsman would view that sort of behavior as crossing the line between handicapping and cheating. And that's what you're after, no? A (relatively) fair game played by clear rules with a prearranged handicap where you're forced to use intellect to win.

For example, if you play with this mod at legendary difficulty, you can counter the AI numerical advantage with smart agent tactics. Repeatedly sabotage dojos so it can't replace samurai units while you chip away at it's existing armies in limited engagements (targeting it's better units). To pull that off, you have to manage your spies' skill development and diligently scout AI territory for the associated buildings. That needs to be part of a coordinated effort where you protect your armies and play defensively until the right time. Without the mod, that sort of strategy goes out the window... so it's far from 'worthless'

What's unfortunate is that Creative Assembly chose to take such a cheap approach to army balancing in the first place... and then exploit the system for other purposes that ruin the integrity of the game rules.

If you find that this mod results in larger AI cash reserves due to implicitly lowered costs (i.e. fewer 'free' but high upkeep samurai), it's straightforward to address that in campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects . Just extract the table from the db and import it to this mod pack. For legendary, the AI modifiers are the level 3 effects (the player's are level -3). I'd probably start by slightly reducing it's upkeep and/or recruitment bonus. Or you could bring the total cost of samurai units closer to ashigaru and raise the maluses to the player. This is more comprehensively addressed by Yarkis in his full overhaul along with nudging the AI to prioritize the correct buildings for balanced armies. By itself, this mod is more of an awareness announcement
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; October 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Cerbusar's Avatar Foederatus

Downloaded. Thank you !

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

FYI if anyone uses this with FotS, the cdir_desire_priorities table should probably be updated for the mod to work as intended there. As this mod pre-dates FotS, it does not contain the boshin campaign key entries. The other table looks ok (it's all inclusive).

I've attached an updated version, but haven't tested it specifically in FotS. The edits just mirror Yarkis' changes for the other campaigns, so it should be straightforward. For anyone interested, the relevant keys (in cdir_desire_priorities) are CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY and CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_BALANCER_ARMY. The former is zeroed, the latter lowered from default (6000 -> 2000).

Hope that helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

In your picture it show the general picture differently how do you change it? They look a lot cooler.

I am sorry but I have a noob question: when I unpack the mod files and put them in my data directory I cant see them with my mod manager, I am using the steam edition mod manager. Did I do something wrong?

What mod are you using for the portaits? it looks so beautiful

This mod seriously saved my interest for game! Thanks mate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast