Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

Default Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

by Yarkis de Bodemloze

CONTENT

The AI in S2 has a cheat that enables it to get superstrong armies by converting low level units like ashigaru into better units like samurai. That's why you sometimes see "impossible" AI armies the AI could not have build the regular way. It does so only with units not yet spotted by the player. This mod reduces this kind of cheating without completely eliminating it, because the same mechanism is also used to balance AI armies out.

The mod should work with any other mod. However, it does not seem to work on savegames. You have to start a new campaign. The mod is already integrated into TROM3.

PROOF: How the AI cheats

This test was done with TROM3 playing the Mogami (the same cheating happens in vanilla of course). In the first picture you see the Date starting army in turn 3 without the anti-cheat mod installed. The Date army should only have one katana samurai unit. However, it has 5 of them, which the AI could not have build in 3 turns (and any samurai unit build in Dates home territory should have an armor and weapon bonus from the smithy there).

The second picture shows the same Date starting army 5 turns into a new campaign with the anti-cheat mod enabled. Result: No cheated extra samurai units.

INSTALLATION

Just drop the pack into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie files and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just remove/delete the pack file.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Yarkis Reduced AI Cheating Mod

Thank you

Awesome! The AI cheat in high difficulties bothers me so hard... thanks.

Sweet - thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz View Post
    Awesome! The AI cheat in high difficulties bothers me so hard... thanks.
    It'll never be anywhere close to difficult without their cheating though :p

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    It'll never be anywhere close to difficult without their cheating though :p
    I find it very hard, even on the medium difficulty I'm playing as chosokabe. I don't know if it's the cheating or what, but I just can't see any positive outcome for my clan, I've got 3 major clans against me, 2 proper armies on practically enemy soil and low income, I don't know what's changed though because I used to do well in the earlier games. This game is too damn hard for me, can't enjoy any of the cool stuff they've added because I have to be on my toes 24/7.

In my previous VH Uesugi campaigns, Takeda and Hojo always knocked at my front door with full stacks commanded by 3 stars generals and with dozens of katanas, yaris and bow samurais.... with less than 20, 25 turns! It's insane and unfair!!! That cheat turns the game more difficult it's supposed to be and with this mod things seem to be more balanced.

Just wanetd to testify that Yarkis has done great work with this mod and it really works. So download and use it for a much better and more realistic campaign experience!

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

does it work with DM 3.25?

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    does it work with DM 3.25?
    It will work with any mod. There is only a small amount of variables changed. Just make shure last in an alphabetic list of mods, so it is loaded last. If not, set a "Z" in front of the name.

Thx for the mod.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I luv you

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I've tried this mod for quite a few turns now, and it's great to see "normal" AI armies for a change that kind of reflects what you can field yourself. But, I also noticed since they now have more Ashigaru which are cheaper they also seem to stack-spam more. I met Takeda on a five-stack rampage and hurried to pay them to ally with me or I'd be crushed.

I wonder if the AI gets any extra cash to field their armies, or other handicap bonuses for economy, that was suited for more expensive troops and thus when they have more cheaper troops they have more stacks. With the AI now going on these colossal rampages, and leaving rioting undefended provinces behind, Japan's map flickers like a Coca-Cola sign as provinces are captured, rebels and old clans come back. This is already an issue with vanilla STW2 anyway, and apparently by design, but in the campaign I playing to test this mod at the moment this feature is going haywire.

Don't know if anything can be done to alleviate the economy boost-> stack spam in this particular mod, though.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I've tried this mod for quite a few turns now, and it's great to see "normal" AI armies for a change that kind of reflects what you can field yourself. But, I also noticed since they now have more Ashigaru which are cheaper they also seem to stack-spam more. I met Takeda on a five-stack rampage and hurried to pay them to ally with me or I'd be crushed.

I wonder if the AI gets any extra cash to field their armies, or other handicap bonuses for economy, that was suited for more expensive troops and thus when they have more cheaper troops they have more stacks. With the AI now going on these colossal rampages, and leaving rioting undefended provinces behind, Japan's map flickers like a Coca-Cola sign as provinces are captured, rebels and old clans come back. This is already an issue with vanilla STW2 anyway, and apparently by design, but in the campaign I playing to test this mod at the moment this feature is going haywire.

Don't know if anything can be done to alleviate the economy boost-> stack spam in this particular mod, though.
    They do. They can recruit units cheaper than you and have more recruitment slots on harder difficulties.

Also, I don't know if this mod covers it, but the AI can spawn units out of nowhere in the Fog of War.

the mod works really well, the IA's army are more balanced, u have a chance in higher difficulties, a great add on to the game, thanks yarkis!

Agreed, hopefully you can finish off the mod so the AI operates on a perfectly level playing field. Eliminate their eco boosting, free unit spawning, and at least reduce stack spamming and it will be the perfect AI mod.

edit: nevermind.
    Last edited by Frei; March 25, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

August's Avatar Decanus

Will this mod affect the FotS, I wonder?

It apparently works for FOTS, at least for me... I think. CA didn't know how to make the AI play fair, so with the cheat removal, one of my campaigns, 90 turns later, they have huge stacks of.... Levy Infantry, Spear Levy, and Wooden Cannons, sometimes Sabre Cavalry.. lol.

Wow, I completely missed this. Exactly what I've been looking for.

Didn't CA claim the AI does not in fact spawn units out of nowhere? "Converting" ashigaru into samurai seems a lot like spawning to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast