Thread: 1.5 Major Problem

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default 1.5 Major Problem

Hi

First I installed Warhammer in this order:
    - Medieval 2 + Kingdoms + 1.5 patch
    - Installed Warhammer 1.5 (single setup from official website)
    - Installed 1.5 English Patch (released Yesterday)
    - Then I get this problem

I get a crash: when ever I select a faction and start a campaign, the campaign loading stops near just near the end and there is a CTD

When I check the 54mb warhammer.log there is only 1 error (final line) and it says

[error] Insufficient Video Memory to Load Requested Texture Set

Now I have searched many forums and they tell me this is not hardware problem but some misaligned
    textures/files most commonly related to descr_models_strat.txt file.

The thing is I HAVE NOT MODDED ANY FILES. I have installed using setup.exe and run the game. I have official Medieval 2 with official kingdoms and 1.5 patch

I have tried 1.4 version in these steps:
    - Downloaded and Installed 1.4
    - Installed Cumulative 1.4.4 patch (did not install music patch- took too long)
    - English Translation 1.4.4

....and I get the same problem. It quits to desktop when loading the campaign around ~95%.

Custom Battles, Battle Editor, etc work FINE

Help?

EDIT: Could it be language problem though? I am Korean and the system is Windows XP but with Korean as main language (of course english installed)
    EDIT: When I open and check some text files (ex: descr_sm_factions.txt, descr_cultures.txt) some entries are in weird Chinese characters (even though all of them have the ";" in front of them)

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Default Re: 1.5 Major Problem

Did you tried this?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=472832

Its the most stable version with much less painfull instalation, I hope it will help you.

I would love to try it if someone lends me their RapidShare account because I don't want to spend another 3-4 days to download this version...

The thing is both versions resulted in the same unknown problem..... so I suspect the same for Gigantus's version

Thanks

There is a link there to his torrent and it downloads realy fast.

Okay, I downloaded and tried Gigantus's version (with language patch and all the patches) and there was the same error:

[error] Insufficient Video memory to load requested texture set

I looked at the ERROR LOG more in detail and my hypothesis was right: There was something wrong with descr_models_strat.txt and the corresponding files.

When I go to the ERROR LOG and search for [warning]s, I see that it says there are about 20-30 missing texture/dds files in the models_strat folder

But why? I have installed them directly. Did not mod/delete any files and had no errors during install. It seems that because the descr_models_strat file tells the game to use _____ files, but I am missing them that are causing this campaign error.

Would someone please be kind enough to upload their models_strat folder? Yes it is several hundred megabytes but your cooperation will be sincerely be rewarded with 20 periodic +reps

Example of missing file

10:26:23.374 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/north_eu_wooden_castle.tga is missing

I found 121 cases of missing files in the models_strat folder- all consistent with either 1.4, 1.5 or 1.4.4 (gigantus's)