Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification

It is the file called "unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v3_1.pack" You need Pack Manager to edit it. You then add the names from Lutland's own pack into mine and delete the one that came with his.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    It is the file called "unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v3_1.pack" You need Pack Manager to edit it. You then add the names from Lutland's own pack into mine and delete the one that came with his.
    EB,

Yes that is the file. I spent hours unloading and reloading one mod after another attempting to get the unit names back on your files. I do not want to give up your foreign Legion mods files they are terrific. I would rather not use lutlands at all than to keep going through this. I want to enjoy the game not spend my life unloading and reloading and trying to figure out what is wrong. I did a search for LOC.files and only came up with the two that load with the vanilla game one pack and one patch.
    Tonight when I get home I will get back to that and see if I can put the game back in working order. Also PDG has made a historically perfect brand-new Marine unit. And once he finishes it I will be using that in addition to the four elite Marine line regiments provided by Swiss Halberdier in his additional unit mod 2.2. That is another mod that I simply will not part with.

I am still learning I am sorry to say and thus far my attempts with Pak file manager have resulted in disaster. So for the time being until I get better with that I will not use lutlands mod. I will retain yours and add the new Marine unit that PDG is working on right now.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

It is either you mix the loc from my mod with his, or you'll have one or the other. AUM is also compatible with my loc, as with most mods. I have no idea why Lutland's isn't. It might. Try deleting the loc file that came with his own mod.

It is either you mix the loc from my mod with his, or you'll have one or the other. AUM is also compatible with my loc, as with most mods. I have no idea why Lutland's isn't. It might. Try deleting the loc file that came with his own mod.
    I can't locate any other loc's. Your worked fine with all the other mods until I added Lutlands than everything went wrong. i agree it seems like an loc problem.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

He also used a UPC loc, but one that is very old. You never extracted it to your data folder?

I'm assuming Swiss Halberdier updated UPC with Lutland's names awhile ago, so removing his should make you set.

Sorry my friend I am still learning. UPC lock is meaningless to me. I extracted the compressed file to my data folder thats all I know.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

You need to remove his "unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2.4_DEKSN.pack" from your data folder, if it is in there. Then all your mods should work.

Thanks EB, I will try this as soon as I can
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Decanus

Icon7 Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification

Try using only EB´s Loc. file. I just use his Loc. file, not Iutland´s one, and for me the names of the units from both mods appear.
    What i can not understand is why the names of the ships from Iutland´s mod appear, but not the Ouvriers de Marine... did the Ouvriers appear in the custom battles???

lordargento,
    I do no know how to locate loc. files within a mod unless they are obvious as in radious units mod. In lutlands when you unzip no loc. file shows and a search always the vanilla one. It mus be easy to do I just don't know how. yeah, I love EB's legions. However, PDG has made some new and accuate Marines that should be ready today. They are super! I will try those tonight.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Try using only EB´s Loc. file. I just use his Loc. file, not Iutland´s one, and for me the names of the units from both mods appear.
    What i can not understand is why the names of the ships from Iutland´s mod appear, but not the Ouvriers de Marine... did the Ouvriers appear in the custom battles???
    I don't understand either. Only treid opening custom sea battle and the names where ther in fact some duplicates??? The land units only had names missing from EB's foriegn legions but aum nap mod 2.2 and all other land unit mods had names. I don't know enough about this to figure it out yet.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Just delete the entire pack file.

Just delete the entire pack file.
    Thanks EB,
    I deleted the unit compatibility pack and I now have everything in PDG's LOC. At least one of the unit names seems wrong but I don't speak French. The Old gaurd is named Velite Guard. How do I change names myself? Is it complicated?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Thanks EB,
    I deleted the unit compatibility pack and I now have everything in PDG's LOC. At least one of the unit names seems wrong but I don't speak French. The Old gaurd is named Velite Guard. How do I change names myself? Is it complicated?
    Old Guard? You mean Young Guard?

Do you have the Foreign Legions Christmas update zip still? Go into that and extract that to your data folder, let it overwrite the current one.

I think you used my optional names pack.

Old Guard? You mean Young Guard?

Do you have the Foreign Legions Christmas update zip still? Go into that and extract that to your data folder, let it overwrite the current one.

I think you used my optional names pack.
    EB,
    No I know that means young guard in French and your are labeled correctely. I am using PDG's for sure because he lables all his unitis as battalions instead of Regiments, its definetely his name list on all units and the Old guard is labled Velites in his pack or at least thats the way its showing up in my game
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

I wouldn't even know how to find your optioanl name pack
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    EB,
    No I know that means young guard in French and your are labeled correctely. I am using PDG's for sure because he lables all his unitis as battalions instead of Regiments, its definetely his name list on all units and the Old guard is labled Velites in his pack or at least thats the way its showing up in my game
    Velites don't mean Young Guard, I believe it is Jeune Garde. But I have no idea why the Old Guard are called Velites.

I don't know either. I deleted the unit compatibilty pack and thats what I have now. If I reinsatll yours will the names come back as they were?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

They should.

so how is the prussian atlas going?