Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification

PDG,
    Your Croatians and Italians are great!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Emperor, didn't KGL Foot back then wore grey pants as the ones in vanilla, why go with whites like the standard british foot? One other thing, hungarian units were the only ones that wore pointy cuffs, the austrians didn't that's CA mistake.
    Last edited by Ishiro; February 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    PDG,
    Your Croatians and Italians are great!
    You should probably post that in his own thread.

Sgt's Beaten Drum; I just used whatever they wore in the Peninsular Campaign DLC since most of the uniforms worn then were mostly unchanged from 1798. I think the Grey Pants emerged with the 1812-Regulation Uniforms. But if you have any sources to the contrary that depict the pre-1812 Regulation uniform, please share them with me and I will fix them.

And I can't do anything about the Austrian Cuffs saddly.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Since this a modding thread talking about one of my favorite modders on this site (PDG) I would ask about French Marine uniform skins.PDG does beautiful work and I would love to see authentic Marine skins. Swiss Halbredier AUM 2.2 has a great looking unit but a totally different one is offered by LME. Are they both right? I welcome input from you sir, lordargento and of course PDG.
    While Swiss Halberdier did absolutely brilliant work on ETW, I am less happy with some of the uniforms in his Napoleonic mod including his Marineinfanterie (I need to look again at Iutland's but from his other LME work, I would say they are the better model). But as I have said before there weren't any Marine Infantry - it was only in 1813 that Napoleon formed 4 regiments of infantry from his Marine Artillery.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Still looking Emperor information about KGL. Prince, could you check in your database for what i asked please, you are the one historian that has more crediibility than anyone else.

Emperor about the cuffs, you could ask Mattebuben how he did it in his austrians mod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Lin..._and_equipment
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...pTclrr5ckHVuJQ
    Last edited by Ishiro; February 10, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    You should probably post that in his own thread.

Sgt's Beaten Drum; I just used whatever they wore in the Peninsular Campaign DLC since most of the uniforms worn then were mostly unchanged from 1798. I think the Grey Pants emerged with the 1812-Regulation Uniforms. But if you have any sources to the contrary that depict the pre-1812 Regulation uniform, please share them with me and I will fix them.

And I can't do anything about the Austrian Cuffs saddly.
    Sorry EB,
    I have already told you how outstanding your mods are and reped you as well. I had too many windows opened so it wnet in your thread. My fault. Your militia mod is outsatnding as are your Foreign Legion mods. I love them, THANKS!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Essling View Post
    While Swiss Halberdier did absolutely brilliant work on ETW, I am less happy with some of the uniforms in his Napoleonic mod including his Marineinfanterie (I need to look again at Iutland's but from his other LME work, I would say they are the better model). But as I have said before there weren't any Marine Infantry - it was only in 1813 that Napoleon formed 4 regiments of infantry from his Marine Artillery.
    Thanks PE.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Just to point this out,Prussia;s army was outdated so maybe you could use prussian textures from ROW. I don't here of any change of the prussian army from the death of frederick the great to 1806 so i think maybe using 1790 prussian uniforms might work.

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    Just to point this out,Prussia;s army was outdated so maybe you could use prussian textures from ROW. I don't here of any change of the prussian army from the death of frederick the great to 1806 so i think maybe using 1790 prussian uniforms might work.
    There was some changes to the Prussian army uniforms by 1806 that were different than like it was in 1792. For example, the Fusiliers worse shakos. The Tri/Bicorn hats the Prussian wore were larger. Besides, I think I would need to ask Quad first if I could use those in this mod, but he's been gone.

One of the things I find funny with Prussian sources is that there is about nothing for 1805, but 1806 is jam-packed with various sources. I'm assuming they were the same, and that nobody likes peacetime.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; February 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Patrician

There was some changes to the Prussian army uniforms by 1806 that were different than like it was in 1792. For example, the Fusiliers worse shakos. The Tri/Bicorn hats the Prussian wore were larger. Besides, I think I would need to ask Quad first if I could use those in this mod, but he's been gone.

One of the things I find funny with Prussian sources is that there is about nothing for 1805, but 1806 is jam-packed with various sources. I'm assuming they were the same, and that nobody likes peacetime.
    Your assumption is correct - some very brief notes on the uniforms:

Musketeer & Grenadier uniforms in 1806 were the same as adopted in 1801.
    Fusiliers: tricorne was reintroduced in 1797 along with a shorter jacket; in 1801 (August) the cylindrical shako was introduced.
    Jäger: tricorne was reintroduced in 1797 ; white knee breeches introduced in 1800 ; white waistcoats replaced the green ones in 1802. shako was to introduced in 1806 but it did not take place.
    Artillery: wore similar uniforms to infantry but with black facings (introduced 1798); Dragoon style coatees were introduced in 1801.
    Dragoons: wore the kollett from 1803 (authorised 1802 but first worn early 1803).
    Uhlans: shako was introduced in 1805.
    Hussars: although the shako was introduced in 1804 there was a real mix of headgear in 1805 – colpack by 2nd Regiment only for parades); mirliton for rest though shako was worn by regiments 1, 2, & 5; however I have insufficient information to determine whether any other regiments had converted to the shako.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt's Beaten Drum View Post
    Still looking Emperor information about KGL. Prince, could you check in your database for what i asked please, you are the one historian that has more crediibility than anyone else.
    My initial trawl of available info says the line infantry was equipped as the equivalent of British Royal Regiments; therefore white trousers would have been the norm until 1812 but I do just need to undertake a final scan of Beamish's history of the KGL.

Ok guys, do you want the long "Campaign" trousers or the Parade trousers and boots for the Prussians? I have finally gotten to them.

I was probably going to release the Prussians tonight, but it seems I accidentally messed up the atlas somehow, making it cut most of it. This means I need to fix it, which probably means starting again. Don't expect the update until the weekend.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification

Sorry to read that!. You are a great creator, and deserve a Rep in order to incentivate you to solve the Prussian units problem

I was probably going to release the Prussians tonight, but it seems I accidentally messed up the atlas somehow, making it cut most of it. This means I need to fix it, which probably means starting again. Don't expect the update until the weekend.
    Sorry EB,
    Frustrating to lose all that hard work.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Sorry EB,
    Frustrating to lose all that hard work.
    I still have the variants. I just need to remember what exactly I replaced in the atlas. Then I need to copy all that stuff back.

I still have the variants. I just need to remember what exactly I replaced in the atlas. Then I need to copy all that stuff back.
    Not a complete disaster then.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

BTW EB,
    I tried Lutlands naval supremacy mod suggested by lordargento. It removed all the unit names from your very fine Foriegn Legion mods. I did it to get the french Ouvriers de la Marine infantry offerd in that mod but they didn't show up anyway. One of these days perhaps you or PDGuru will add them. I have to tell you I really love your Foriegn Legion mods and militia mods! Can't rep you yet its too soon since the last time I gave you rep.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

To fix the text issues, you must only use one Loc. Try putting Lutland's custom text from his localization file into the loc that came with my mods.

how do I find the loc. file?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox