Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

I entered this ,mod 1805_Uniforms_Mod, but nothing happened.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: The Wardrobe of 1805 - A Uniform Modification - Version 2 Out with Prussians

It has to look like this:
    mod 1805_Uniforms_Mod.pack;

Mod Manager is simpler for beginners, but still a little buggy at times. You can always try that by going down into the Mod Workshop section of Napoleon and then the Tools section and getting it from there. All you would need to do then is install MM and just tick off the 1805_Uniforms box.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; September 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Sorry for disturbing you once more. The mod's excellent, but there seem's to be a problem with Brit units. I was testing out your mod in the single player mods when I looked closely at a Brit Foot and a Fencible when it became apparent that something's not right. The Fencibles were practically invisible men with only their backpacks and muskets visible. As for the Foot, their uniform looked bizarre. Those two overlapping straps in front were red while the rest of the uniform was red. Their faces were...I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. Can this be repaired by using the separates pack?

That sounds like a corruption to me, so maybe try instead of using the all-in-one get the seperate packs. Do any other factions have problems? And what other mods are you using?

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've just discovered that the Prussians too are suffering the same problem as the Brits. The other three nations are alright. At present, the mods that I have are cntw_Battle_AI_v1b.pack, Duffer High Spec Performance.pack, EB_Event_Pics_Mod.pack, familytreemod.pack, Mod_Epicmusic.pack, Mod_NTF_Main.pack, more_blood.pack, patch_db_loading_screen_tables.pack, Radious_CampaignAI.pack, sea_bodies.pack, terraintrial.pack and Weapon_FX.pack.

I Appreciate your efforts but the historical accuracy of these uniforms is extremely poor, no offense

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I am quite interested in the 1805 Wardrobe mod, as something that does NOT add more units to my game, yet does improve it's appearance.

Heil nappy is correct however, the current files are messed up in specific parts, including the modular files.

Is there a reason that this mod is no longer being attended to for the past 5 months?

I see no direct competition that doesn't involve a burden of extra atlas files and/or additional troop types. I would prefer to use this one if it can be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    I am quite interested in the 1805 Wardrobe mod, as something that does NOT add more units to my game, yet does improve it's appearance.

Heil nappy is correct however, the current files are messed up in specific parts, including the modular files.

Is there a reason that this mod is no longer being attended to for the past 5 months?

I see no direct competition that doesn't involve a burden of extra atlas files and/or additional troop types. I would prefer to use this one if it can be made available.
    Never really many replies, so I figured it wasn't well received. I don't know what the problem is. It was my first try at editing atlasses myself. It seems Prussia and Britain are affected the most? They're the ones whose atlasses got edited. Unfortunately, I don't know how to clean it up, but perhaps somebody who does know their way around atlasses can fix it.

As for the guy who posted months ago; what is the inaccuracy? I specifically examined sources trying to get things almost completely right where I could.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; March 08, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Well if you hit a wall, you hit a wall. Happens to me all the time.

Doesn't seem to be a major problem though. Surely someone could help you out with just a little effort.

As for accuracy, the plates in my osprey books sync up with your research pretty well, and I'm not that concerned.

MY goal is for attractive 100 unit battles, and yours is the only unit reskin mod that doesn't burden my GPU. I even detected a 3fps BOOST.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    As for the guy who posted months ago; what is the inaccuracy? I specifically examined sources trying to get things almost completely right where I could.
    Indeed - I too would like to know what the inaccuracies are supposed to be as we did spend a fair bit of time looking at various uniform plates for this Mod!!!!!!!!
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

There are indeed innacurracies. But they come mostly from the fact the mod is built on the base atlases and meshes, and so the possibilities are limited. However, it is quite well done within this constraints.

Hey,

I've downloaded the files and they work but there is something weird: the Generals are GONE the unit is still there but the commander (ex: Napoleon) is no longer there.. just the staff
    Another thing: i can't download the "France Final" zip.. my browser(s) (Chrome Firefox and Safari) open a link-_- (it says: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...3&d=1327638637) plz help me!

Tnx

This is a beautiful mod that brings the game closer to historical accuracy. That's for your work, mate!

medhood's Avatar Laetus
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, Were the kangaroos live

Where is download link?

Once more: is there nought in this forum with a copy of this mod?
    Last edited by Midnight-Blue766; January 22, 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Well what do ya know! It looks like I actually have it!

Download link

Civis

Thank you so much Midnight-Blue766 for the download link, your than man!!!! It sucks that most of the modders for Empire and Napoleon don't respond or come to the forums anymore, they have all moved on to the next total war series. I believe that Napoleon and Empire are still the best with the correct combinations of mods. For instance I cant get BUM Mod to work for Napoleon Darthmod and no one will help. If you are looking for an awesome 1805-1806 old Prussian uniform mod its called Rise of The Black Eagle, its the best ive seen and the download link still works Thanks again.

Where is the download link?

This is the best Emperor Batman,
    do you have any plan to back again and working with other faction ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soap Mactavish View Post
    This is the best Emperor Batman,
    do you have any plan to back again and working with other faction ?
    I will have to consider the possibility, I would like to finish my Minor Factions unit mod first before revisiting this project.

With that said, I don't think much more work needs to be done really, at least in hindsight. Most of the German minor-states are good to go already, and so is the Batavian Republic. I think all what really needs to be done are the Kingdom of Italy, Sweden, and Denmark. Maybe Sardinia, but sources for that faction are very scarce.

Additionally, I realize that when the website was converted to the new platform a few years ago, the attachments were lost, and I will need to recover the origin major 5 factions. Do you have a mirror you can upload?