Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Proximusj's Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    A generic merger would need to have all possible merging cases, which as you say, is a hell lot of work to be done.
    Yeah but don't let that stop you. Just let us know when it's done okay?

Seriously though, at least your tool will help those trying to merge your submod. Manual merging is no fun and neither is releasing multiple versions: one for each submod/compilation to be compatible with.

Default Re: Proximusj's Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Heh!

Well, I guess I could start working on small merging projects from other mods, to start getting the main picture of what is required to create a Generic Merger.

Your BG swithcher could be a good start if it were 3.1 compatible.

Just joking, I know it is not in your priority list, but I really enjoy it a lot. Actually I started getting involved in all this scripting thing to attempt to make it compatible with my games. Obviously I failed in the task since your script is just massive.

Anyway I'll start getting permission from mod creators and see, if they would allow me to work on mergers for their mods. To release them, and get the necessary feedback to create the big one.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Proximusj's Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

You're going to pursue this? I was only joking but best of luck to you. As I said, I have some thoughts on the subject and would be happy to discuss. Maybe outside of this submod thread... a new thread?

BG Switcher:
    Thanks, yeah, it rocks. I haven't forgotten about it but I have two other projects on the go at the moment. Actually that wouldn't be a good test candidate for two reasons:
    1) It only adds to the files. It doesn't modify anything vanilla.
    2) The submod's contents are generated by a tool that knows how to insert into the files, and update the files if the tool is reused to change the options. The tool will also be released at some point so that would be the best way to add BGS to any mod.

You're welcome to use Total Diplomacy as a test subject. But again, it is not changing anything, just inserting new things.

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

I m so stupid... sorry i did a mistake, i wanted to say the Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods... Is it compatible with this one ?

Don't worry, looking at Frogs details I see no reason why it wouldn't. Just run the installer and apply the merger. You should receive a "succesfully merged" message.

In case it tells you that is not compatible, don't worry as it will restore your previous mod setup. Feel free to report the log here and I'll take a look on what is missing to make it compatible.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Hello!
    Anyone knows if this submod is compatible with Germanicu5's Interactive Mod(LINK

Quote Originally Posted by diez View Post
    Hello!
    Anyone knows if this submod is compatible with Germanicu5's Interactive Mod(LINK
    It is, just make sure Germanicu5 or any mod you want is intalled before mine.

Right now I'm playing a campaign with G5 interactive, G5 BAI 5.5, total diplomacy, gondor upgrades, extended map, some Baron's features and several other cool mods and it's working fine.

Just make sure that the provided merger is applied after successfully installing your desired mod compilation.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    It is, just make sure Germanicu5 or any mod you want is intalled before mine.

Right now I'm playing a campaign with G5 interactive, G5 BAI 5.5, total diplomacy, gondor upgrades, extended map, some Baron's features and several other cool mods and it's working fine.

Just make sure that the provided merger is applied after successfully installing your desired mod compilation.
    Ohh cool!Thanks,and congatulations for this submod!

Thanks!, remember that this is not save-game compatible. You need to start a new game to play with all features.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Great work,my friend! Excelent mod!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

I was hoping to incorporate this mod into the next release of MOS, does anyone happen to have a copy of the files? I noticed the links are dead.

The creator of the mod no longer has access to the files.

Edit: I have received a copy of the files! Thank you Kindjal83
    Last edited by Stylix; February 04, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Does anyone know if this mod works in a Hotseat campaign? I just downloaded MOS 1.5 and I was planning to start a Hotseat campaign where I controlled all the good factions so that I could coordinate offensive and defensive measures and have armies of men, elves, and dwarves fighting side by side, but I would also love to be able to have someone like Aragorn or Elrond commanding an integrated army with units from all over Middle-Earth.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

The vegetation mod is ready?

Hello, i am new here but that mod caught my eye and i would be happy to test it,if someone could hand over the file,unless its old and there is a new one around i haven't seen already. Either way nice work and thanks for anything in advance!

Is there still a way I can get this separate from MOS? I have the 4.8 Alternative patch (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AMN-FAQ-PLEASE) and I'm really hoping to integrate these two. Is that possible? Thanks for any help!

Anyone got these files? I never got around to checking this out and links are ded now.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Last edited by Araval; June 09, 2016 at 03:29 AM.

Much appreciated.

In case anyone was wondering, they are compatible

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234