Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Default Re: Proximus's Middle Earth World Wars v1.0 and Improved Vegetation Rendering (IVR) // Baron Samedi's 5.0 compatible version released // Manual merging tutorial added

Hey, Proximus thanks for the great mod... I am using Barons 4.1 version and have made a ton of changes to it, I tried to manually add your mod, I placed everything as you said but I see no difference in campaign. Is there something that should change so I know I installed it properly. When i hit f2 it does nothing, I waited until turn 6, I am allied and have 1 enemy and still f2 does nothing. My diplmacy box is also unchanged... it is a pretty easy merge and I don't see where I made mistakes. Also I haven't made any changes to the files you changed other than deleting some of baron's reemergence scripts for stability
    Mmm, very weird. You should be able to see if the mod is working from turn 1 pressing F2 (the "Can't call meeting now" event will fire up).

Edit: Oh, and remember that for now it only work's for good factions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Would you be so kind to share your campaign_script.txt and export_desc_unit.txt with me so I can help you merge it?

Was baron samedi interrested by your mod?
    Haven't asked him yet. First I wan't to finish the 2nd part of this mod "Sauron's counter attacks", I should finish it very soon. Then I will just polish it a little bit and propos it to Baron Samedi and anyone who like's it.
    Last edited by proximusj; January 28, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Default Re: Proximus's Middle Earth World Wars v1.0 and Improved Vegetation Rendering (IVR) // Baron Samedi's 5.0 compatible version released // Manual merging tutorial added

Nice work + rep!

Hope Baron will include it

http://oron.com/khc5bdz91sam

HERE ARE THE TWO FILES YOU ASKED FOR... THANKS FOR THE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by orclover View Post
    http://oron.com/khc5bdz91sam

HERE ARE THE TWO FILES YOU ASKED FOR... THANKS FOR THE HELP
    Orclover, I got it working now. I really don't know what happened with your campaign_script.txt but my script won't work if placed at the bottom of the file, so I placed it just above Baron Samedi's script and it seems to work fine.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3370292...ign_script.txt

thanks

could you post the campaign script to another fileshare program, I can't download RS

edit: nm proximus i got it.
    Last edited by orclover; January 28, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Looks quite good, proximus.

Edit: Well got 1/2 hour into the game and already got a CTD:

Did a clean TATW install before this game. Running TATW 3.1 sub mods here and Proximus's grass and middle earth (no baron's). Playing Silvan Elves

save game attached.

alreadyded, not even sure if this is an error related to one of your scripts, but I see Proximus is viewing this thread as well, had to plant it somewhere...

Bslade, I just checked your saved game. Were you able to call any meeting at all, or at least get this message?

It seems that my script is not active in this campaign, could you upload your campaign_script.txt for me please?

Edit: Oh I forgot to ask you, when are you getting the CTD? At turn end, battle map load, etc?
    Last edited by proximusj; January 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Default Re: Proximus's Middle Earth World Wars v1.0 and Improved Vegetation Rendering (IVR)

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    Oh! Alreadyded would you be so kind to give me permission to use your Eagle units to develop the Gandalf and the Eagles idea?
    Last edited by alreadyded; January 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Good idea !! Trying it out !!

proximus is there any reason I keep getting the "can't summon meeting now" message... I am at turn 10, am allied with Rohan and Elves, have Harad and Mordor as enemies, and still have minas tirith. No evil allies and no good enemies and Keep getting the "can't summon meeting now"

Yes, I forgot to initialize 1 value that practically enables the entire script.

For now, please open your campaing_script.txt file and look for this line:

set_event_counter Time_Since_Last_Called_Meeting 45

change 45 to 50 and now it should be working (not save compatible).

I upload a fix for it now, thank you for reporting it!

Edit: This will allow you to call meetings from turn 2, so you be sure it is going to work.
    Last edited by proximusj; January 29, 2012 at 01:24 AM.

It seems that I rushed this a little bit. I should have released this as a beta first.

Right now I'm working on the second part of this mod and haven't had the time to test the uploaded files.

Those who downloaded the files I really want to play this feature will have to follow this quick fix.

For now, please open your campaing_script.txt file and look for this line:

set_event_counter Time_Since_Last_Called_Meeting 45

change 45 to 50 and now it should be working (not save compatible).
    I promise that my next release is going to be fully tested so you can enjoy it at it's full potencial.

And thanks everyone for your kind words about this mod idea I wont let you down!

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    Bslade, I just checked your saved game. Were you able to call any meeting at all, or at least get this message?

It seems that my script is not active in this campaign, could you upload your campaign_script.txt for me please?

Edit: Oh I forgot to ask you, when are you getting the CTD? At turn end, battle map load, etc?
    CTD occurred right after I ended my turn.

No, I didn't get the meeting notification. It sounds like this issue may already be dated, but scripts attached. I did a general file search and came up with two of the same scripts, which would lead me to believe I installed in the wrong folder? About 100% sure I installed it correctly.

No worries on the broken game, would prefer it happen soon than later. I have great expectations for this submod. Good luck getting the kinks worked out.

I really see this as a powerful feature that could be used for evil factions as well. Mordor could force tribute from the evil factions and have units spawn in mordor instead of the crusade feature which is weird....I think you should consider add a script that allows spawn if regions are continuous...that means your faction needs to share a border with the faction they get units from.. seems weird an army would "march" across multiple enemy territories to get to gondor for example. It would add some strategy to when you take certain settlements, like I may attack the coastal isengard settlements to get elf access.

barons compilation mod has been suffering from crashes since the release of version 5. And hes off working on the new medival total war 2 mod that comming out and hasn't been around to fix it.

My question is that, if I download his mod and your mods compatible version, will your mod fix the ctd errors? I really would like both but I am fearful of being forced to restart near the end of my campaign.

Unfortunately the answer is no. I also like Baron's features a lot, but even my mod needs some more testing before I can release it again.

When I release my next vanilla 3.1 compatible version, in order to make a stable Baron's 5.0 compatible version, he needs to fix it first.

Default Re: Proximus's DM & SCA for vanilla 3.1 + Improved Vegetation Rendering (IVR) // Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Links up again!!

New version with tonz of new features (See OP for full details).

-Allies will send different amounts of units, depending on how close the selected gathering point is from their own interests.
    -Diplomatic meetings are now like a mini-game. Up to 3 times, you'll be able to attempt to persuade all of your allies (1st is free, next 2 cost gold).
    -Sauron's Counter Attacks, after the first succesfull meeting is called, Sauron will consider you a threat from that on, and will target your first capital for continous attacks (1 every 50 turns).
    -And much more...

This time I tested this as much a possible and I haven't found any bug yet, everything works as intended.

Enoy!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Proximus's DM & SCA for vanilla 3.1 + Improved Vegetation Rendering (IVR) // Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Really good proximusj. +rep

I like the meeting idea. How is this done? A bunch of diplomats spawned somewhere?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks proximusj!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast