Thread: Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Diplomacy & Invasions + Improved Vegetation Rendering // Compatible with almost every 3.1 sub-mod // Super Easy Installer released //Unite the free people of Middle Earth under one banner and strike Sauron's forces hard!

Hello everyone!

First of all scuse my english if it is hard to understand, I'll explain my self as best as I can.

I created this mod because in my campaigns I always feel that I never get any help from my allies even tho I have very high reputation with them. Also if I start a campaign with, lets say High Elves, I only get to see HE units during my entire campaign and never other cool units on my side until I start a new campaign with another faction.

Concept (short explanation)

Ok, so what does this mod offers?

Well, I added a ton of new ingame features and events, all completely tested. You may find some bugs, but the main mod is working as intended.
    Diplomatic Meetings

If you met the necesary requirements, this feature allow's you to call diplomatic meetings by pressing F2 key.

Meetings give's you the following benefits:

• Persuade your allies (chances based on your reputation) to support your cause by giving you some units.
    • Up to 2 extra persuation attempts in case you want to increase your chances of persuading all of your allies (cost gold).
    • Select a gathering point (centered, north, south, east, west) to receive your new units. Notice that each faction will send a different amount of units, depending on how close the selected gathering point is from their own interests.
    • Use your new units freely until your ally call's them back (15 to 20 turns).
    • Call a new meeting after 50 turns since the last one.
    • If you fail to persuade any faction, you'll be able to call a new meeting again, in 10 turns.

Sauron's Counter Attacks (optional)

If you like challenge, then this will give you some.

After the first succesfull meeting is called, Sauron will consider you a threat from that on, and will target your first capital for continous attacks (1 every 50 turns).

As long as you own your starting capital, Sauron will assign a general from one of his evil factions to make preparations for an invasive attack.

After succesfully defending your kingdom from the invasion, the next one will increase in quantity and quality of troops.

The are several ways to stop this:
    • Weakening the invasive faction (leaving them with 3 or less regions)
    • Conquering their base of operations (you'll receive a message showing you where).
    • Destroying Mordor.

Concept (long explanation)

Diplomatic Meetings

This mod gives you (when playing as a good faction) the option to call a Diplomatic Meeting (pressing F2 key) to try to persuade your allies (based on your reputation) to temporally unite some of their forces with you against Sauron's Followers, you will be assigned as the commanding leader of this union, you and your persuaded allies will also declare war to all evil factions.

These are the conditions you need to met before summoning a Diplomatic Meeting:

• Have at least one ally.
    • Own your starting capital (it doesn't matter if you move your capital somewhere else).
    • Wait more than 50 turns since the last called meeting to summon a new one.
    • Not be at war with a good faction.
    • Not be allied with any evil faction.
    • Be at war with at least one evil faction.

(NEW!!) If you met the conditions, you'll be able to call a meeting or get a summary about the expectations for the next meeting (persuading chances % and allies that have the posibility to help you).

You can call a Diplomatic Meeting every 50 turns starting form turn 5. Be aware that calling a Diplomatic Meeting with few allies and low reputation will most likely end in a total failure because you probably wont be able to persuade anyone.

The best way to have a very succesful Diplomatic Meeting is to raise your reputation and create as much alliances as you can (Gondor, Rohan, Eriador, Elves, etc...) , doing this will end with you commanding a full stack of allied units.

Once the Diplomatic Meeting starts you will have a chance to persuade your allies based on this conditions.

• You allies will send reinforcements only if they own at least 5 regions including their starting capital.
    • The more reputation your faction has, the more chances you will have to persuade them (15%, 35%, 55%, 75%, 100%) .

If you doubt you'll be able to persuade your desired allies, you can END a started meeting (declining the event). Doing this will allow you to call a new meeting in the next 10 turns.

(NEW!!) If you fail to persuade all of your allies, you'll have 2 extra attempts to convince them (if you have enough gold).

1. First attempt is free.
    2. Second attempt cost's 5000 gold.
    3. Third attempt cost's 15000 gold.

If you manage to persuade at least one of your allies, you will be able to chose a Gathering Point. This is going to be the place where you are going to receive your ally's units when they arrive. There are 5 options to chose as a gathering point:

• Center, near Wold in a centered position of Middle Earth, close to Anduin River and the town of Tirith Anduin (Default).
    • North, near Anduin Vale, between the town of Beorn's Halls and the castle Wrakyaburg.
    • South, South Ithilienh, between the towns of Pelargir and Tir Ethraid.
    • East, East Rhovanion, between towns of Dorwinion and Uldonavan.
    • West, South Cardolan to the west, between the town of Barrow-Downs and the castel Argond.

(NEW!!) Now, every faction will send a different amount of units, depending on how close is the selected gathering point from their own interests.

The following spioler will show you, in which locations of Middle Earth each faction has more interests on. Each { * } represents 1 unit that will be created if you manage to persuade that faction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Once you chose a gathering point, your allies will send some units at the requested location, 4 turns after the Diplomatic Meeting ended.

Once the units arrive, you will be able to freely command them for some time. Each ally will pay their own wages (no upkeep for you).

Take this conditions into consideration when in command of allied units, they will leave your army if you don't.

• Do not loose your starting capital.
    • Do not go at war with good factions.
    • Always keep war active against Sauron's followers.
    • Allied units will fight by your side for some turns (chances from 15 to 20 turns), after some time any remaining units will return home.

Once they leave your army you will have to wait some turns before you can call a new meeting again.

Sauron's Counter Attacks (optional)

(NEW!!) If you play so good, that you never let the AI get any closer to your starting capital. This optional feature will add some extra challenge to your game, allowing you to fight some amazing battles at your starting capital (Minas Tirit, Edoras, Erebor, Bree, Imladris, Dale, Thranduils Halls).

After the first succesfull meeting is called, Sauron will consider you a threat from that on, and will target your first capital for continous attacks (1 every 50 turns).

As long as you own your starting capital and Mordor exists, Sauron will assign a general from one of his evil factions to make preparations for an invasive attack.

After succesfully defending your kingdom from the invasion, you'll have some turns of peace before Sauron assings the next attacking faction.

Each wave of attacks will increase in quantity and quality of troops.

The are several ways to stop this:
    • Weakening the invasive faction (leaving them with 3 or less regions)
    • Conquering their base of operations (you'll receive a message showing you where).
    • Destroying Mordor.

You'll always be warned about the status of each attack. Meaning that, an event will show when:
    • The attacking faction is assigned by Sauron:
      • An evil faction will be assigned randomly.
      • The assigned faction must own more than 4 regions, including its starting capital.
      • The event will point the settlement at where war preparations are being made (base of operations).
      • At this point you'll have 20 to 30 turns before the army arrives to your capital. You can either prepare your defence or try to weaken the assigned faction.

• The starting faction is ready to make the invasion.
      • At this point you'll have 10 turns before the army arrives to your capital.

• The attacking army is close to your capital.
    • The attacking faction has been weakened.

Knowing this, when calling a diplomatic meeting, plan it very carefully.

Help needed!

If your like this sud-mod and want to help me improve it, please:

• My english is not that good, events text may sound weird. If you have any more RPG friendly ideas feel free to share them.
    • If you have other cool ideas that fit with this mod feel free to post them, I'll try to implement them if my modding skills allow me.
    • Feedback will be appreciated.

Plans for future releases

• Gandalf and the eagles: if you are been sieged by a counter invasion army there is a chance that Gandalf the White will spawn with an army of eagles to help you defend your capital.

Improved Vegetation Rendering
    Bonus++

This mod will sightly increase the distance at which trees model are rendered in the battle map before showing a sprite and will greatly increase the distance at which small vegetation and rocks will be rendered in the battle map.

You need to have Vegetation settings at highest for this to work.

Special thanks!

Withwnar - thanks to him I was able to finish and polish all features.
    alreadyded - for his suggestion about using note++. Seriously, it really helps A LOT.
    To King Kong, Germanicu5, Baron Samedi and many others that share their time and hard work with us and allow us to create new things based on their work.

Installation

Download the following file:

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Diplomacy & Invasions

1. Run the downloaded setup, install in your TATW installation folder.
      ex. C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3.
      No files will be altered with this installer. Feel save that your TATW mods compilation will work after installing this.
    2. After finishing the installation, open the application "Pxs Scripts Merger" (located at your TATW folder).
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• This application will merge your TATW mods compilation with Proximus'j Diplomacy & Invasions with a few clicks.
      • It will create a backup of any required files and will verify your compilation compatibility.
      • You can always restore to your previous settings using this app too.
      • For optimum results, install your favourite mods first, then install this at the very last.

IVR

1. Download the attached file "Vegetation.zip"
    2. Extract vegetation.zip content inside your TATW vegetation folder, replace when requested.
      ex. C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\Vegetation\

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by proximusj; February 27, 2013 at 05:51 PM.