Thread: My day sucks because

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: My day sucks because

On a 5-hour flight back home to Boston from LA to visit friends. The flight was delayed three hours due to weather, meaning I’ll be landing around midnight. Then two hours of driving to where I live. The inflight television is broken, my laptop is out of power, and soon my phone will also die. The outlets won’t let me charge up. I’m stuck with two dense, dry history books for low-tech entertainment. This is probably one of the worst flights I’ve been on, and one of the first I’ve flown by myself.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Try to get some sleep on the flight and the drive home. Unless you are the one driving home, then please don't, we want you to get safe home.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Flinn's Avatar The Alpha Jester!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Infinite thanks Flinn, I know all is fleeting, but how do you explain that to a 10 months old?

Also as much as short it is, he's just a baby with a long future and endless possibilities... if I manage to take him to a better place. I'm at the point were I would gladly trade my life for a future for him and my wife. That means I'm really desperate and honesty scared.
    you know what, I'm sure that all these bad feelings are coming not from the economical condition, but rather from the perspection that you, and your family, are not free... while I perfectly understand from where this feeling is coming from, I have to say that ruminating on it won't help you at all .. I mean, the question is always the same: and then what? If you can't cope with the feelings of the situation, if you can't change it in the way you'd like to do so, then look for another way.. don't tell me that there aren't other ones.. I know the situation is though in your country, but there are worst places around the world
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

because I don't have a job...

Centenarius

@Incendio: Whats your education / proffesion?

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    @Incendio: Whats your education / proffesion?
    Associate's Degree in Chemical Engineering (graduated) + Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering (graduated) + currently studying Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering (only final thesis to finish it), experience in power generation, oil & gas, wastewater treatment. I am thinking about going to PhD, I still think Master's is not enough education for today's standards.
    Last edited by Incendio; July 02, 2018 at 09:35 AM.

Wow, you sure sound like somebody that will find a job right away after graduating.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Centenarius

Is there no demand for such employees in Spain? In Germany they would take your application with a kiss.....

PhD is alway good. I wish I would have been smart enough to study something like Chemical Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Is there no demand for such employees in Spain? In Germany they would take your application with a kiss.....

PhD is alway good. I wish I would have been smart enough to study something like Chemical Engineering
    Thank you for your support and kind words. In Spain Chemical Engineers are not in demand really... I haven't thought about Germany yet but I may look for jobs there, I thought Germany was among the most educated countries and further education would be required. Moving to Germany wouldn't be a problem at all, I have been living and working in Mexico, a more difficult country I guess...

AqD's Avatar (~‾▿‾)~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Wow, you sure sound like somebody that will find a job right away after graduating.
    That's kind expected...

Oh Baal please tell us you have escaped. Are you and your families all right?

SturmChurro's Avatar Not Vault Boy

Got summons to court for Unlawful Detainer, after some of the most ridiculous months I have ever had. On April 30th my Grandmother was evicted out of the house (more of a concerning that), and they padlocked every single door of the house. I was never evicted - which is extremely odd in the first place. They never even considered me yet lock me out AND all of my possessions including my pet inside the house. They left my cat locked in the house for 4 days without food and water, because I couldn't get into. I heard the cat screaming bloody murder on the night of the 2nd of May, so I had to go inside the house and I found the cat trapped inside, or under, a lazy boy chair he was so scared when I put my arm into save him he bit me, hard. I think I actually may have nerve damage, on top of deep scars on my right hand/index finger. It still hurts to this day. about 2 going on 2 and a half months later. I don't think it's tetanus or an infection - if it was I'd probably be dead, I just get extreme sharp pain in my right index finger if I use it too much. Don't even get me started on trying to lift something, such as a 2x4 piece of wood. I have felt my finger and as long as I don't use it too much it pretty much doesn't hurt. I have felt all over the finger and the pain originates at the base of the finger below the knuckle. I have no running water. Can't take showers, can't even like a regular person. Yeah, it sounds embarrassing to admit. The dog and I have been living off bottled water. I have to literally wash myself with bottles of water, a washcloth, baby wipes. Bottled water isn't cheap.

Some background I lived on the property - the house - for over 13 years I was raised here, and I was raised by my grandfather/grandmother. My grandfather died a couple years ago, and the "Estate" of my grandfather is taking anything and everything without doing any research, without doing their job. They took a separate completely paid off property without any notification or checking of blood relatives/heirs and he has 2 adult daughters, one my "mother". They took the property and sold it off to quote "pay their fees", but I am not exactly what their fees are since they haven't done anything, but take for themselves (the "representatives of the estate"). Now they are trying to take the property I have lived on to pay off the mortgage. It literally makes no sense, why did they not just take the paid off property to pay that? On top of no notice. It was sold and gone like *poof*. Their supposed "Fees" must be massive. It's as if we are fighting over million dollar properties, like ing mansions. A LOT more to this, but I'm not gonna get into it, it would be a huge essay.

Anyway, I have been padlocked out of the house since April 30th. I was never given any notice, to leave, or that I was going to recieve an unlawful detainer action until the 9th of May. This is illegal. A self-help eviction. I was locked out. They need to have a court order, a judgment, before they can do any of this - which is the farce they are doing now. The summons. On top of padlocking me out, they wen't inside the house on the 4th of May - all the time I am living on the property in a small trailer close to the house - without any notice - walked in did God knows what for about half an hour took posession of my cat (potentially other things) I know they ransacked it, and his crate and gave him to the pound, or shelter, whatever. I didn't even know about it until I was told what happened by my grandmother, because she received a text message AFTER the fact, and saw how long they were here. She was staying over at the neighbors house. I was asleep at the time, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SLEPT IN THAT DAY. On top of all this, ON TOP OF ALL THIS, on the night of the Apr 30th, May 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Every single night, at around 12 AM - 2 AM a truck or two would pull into the property, pickup trucks, one even had an empty trailer attached. Not just pulling in to do a U-turn or something - which would be highly unusual in the first place because that literally never happens/happened before, until I showed me face outside or they saw my pitbull I have barking like crazy. I recognized a couple of the vehicles as known meth heads in the area, who have talked about wanting the ride mower, and vehicles.

So, on the 4th afternoon I call the Sheriff's department to report how the attorneys had someone break and enter into the house, ransack, take the cat AND the large crate we had him in, how I was padlocked out, and to report about the very strange activity happening late at night. The deputy who came out was extremely rude and dismissive, was cussing the whole time. He kept trying to say I WAS evicted out of the house. I WAS NOT, I know the law, I have read up on general US law and specific law in my state. This is NOT how evictions work. In fact me getting served and getting a summons to court in the mail today proves I am correct on this. I told him my access to water has been cut off (the water pump is turned off), I have no access to the majority of my things, and I have no access to even a bathroom. He simply said "You go in the house you will be arrested". When I kept trying to reiterate to him that he was wrong, I was literally being polite, I suppose I could have been a little condescending after taking his mouth for so long, but that doesn't give a public servant to right to treat me like this. He literally said and I will quote, "I don't give a about your private property". At that point he stomped over to his utility and started backing up, all the while I was asking for his badge number. I kept asking and kept asking until I raised my voice while walking towards him saying "Wait! What is your badge number?!" In case maybe he wasn't ignoring me and just couldn't hear me over the engine, and him having all his windows rolled up. He hit the breaks HARD, and rushed out of the vehicle, while and this is the key, I had my hands at my side NOT in my pockets I was not making any aggressive actions, I asked again "What is your badge number?", HE PULLS OUT HIS TASER, and I very nearly get tased for this. He finally gives me his badge number, while continuing to cuss, mind you, with the taser out the whole time. After that he leaves. Right after I call the sheriff's office again to try to get a supervisor who will actually hear me out, and to report the most unprofessional deputy, officer of the law, I have ever seen. Seeing it happen on video is nothing like the real thing. Tasers can kill too. He better have a dash/body cam, because this ISN'T over. The supervisor simply said there is nothing they can do about what happened, I'm gonna have to take it to court. I really thought breaking and entering and taking personal property was a crime, who was I to think such a thing?

On the 9th I get served that in 30 days "if I don't vacate the property I will have an unlawful detainer action against me in court". In the meantime, the attorneys/estate NEVER bother to take the padlocks off the doors, and do this the right way. So the 9th of May comes around and this story gets even more ridiculous. The guy trying to serve me brings the sheriff's office with him, the same supervisor from before, and for some reason with him was a corrections officer, I could tell by the uniform. This corrections officer was just about as unprofessional as that last deputy that was sent out here. He was chewing tobacco the whole time he was on the property and spitting EVERYWHERE. All over the ground. No cup, or can, or something, just on the ground, on someone else's private property. "I don't give a about your private property" indeed. That isn't it though they came up to my trailer with their pepper spray, or whatever, out to spray my dog - who by the way, was tied up outside, on a short leash, with multiple "beware of dog" signs. If I had come out later than I did, I am sure they would have blinded him. But it doesn't end here, when I walk down the driveway to get served, and speak to the guy, I'll admit to being a bit condescending, but I was in no way threatening him or doing anything of the sort, I was saying things along the lines of "You want to take my shirt, maybe my shoes too?" This was enough to get the supervisor to immediately, and this will sound ridiculous, but I am not exaggerating, I am paraphrasing because I can't remember exactly what he said, he gets in my face LITERALLY like imagine a locker room where to men stare down each other nearly nose-nose, and tells me if I don't shut my mouth I won't like what happens next. WTF? I was literally baffled. I said no, unless I am threatening bodily harm or the like he can't do anything, this is America and I have the first amendment. That didn't phase the guy at all, he backed off and when I continue to be sarcastic to the man he does it again. It felt like a scene out of a wild west movie. Even had the guy chewing tobacco and spitting right next to him. Good lord. God I hope I can get that dashcam/bodycam footage if they have it.

More after the 9th NOT when I called to report the suspicious activity, and me literally identifying people I saw by name to the Sheriff's office, they started patrolling the area. Driving back and forth all hours of the day. I have lived here for nearly a decade and a half, not to mention living in the middle of nowhere. I have NEVER seen them do this. In fact I barely even see a Sheriff's vehicle. My grandma said they were actually following her, they found her down at the lake when she was trying to relax. She has been in a bad way since the eviction and this mess. She told me she heard the deputies say "is this her?" "yes". What. The. Hell. Is this Nazi Germany? We are literally being harassed.

It doesn't end here, later that month, I can't remember the exact date, could have been early June, the attorneys themselves come out in an black SUV with their logo on the front license plate, so I know it was them. I never actually wen't out to meet them because I was trying to get dressed ( I was wearing PJ's), put on shoes to meet them. They never bothered to come to my door, they did whatever they wanted for about 5-10 minutes on the property then left by the time I got outside. They went over to the neighbors and asked for my grandmother, but get this, according to my neighbor they had one of the meth heads I reported to the sheriff's office that would come around at 12-2 am riding with them in their car. My neighbor spotted him. What? Why was he with them. This is the same meth head I actually caught during the daytime on the 2nd for first of the month (guess I forgot to mention). I think they assumed I was also off the property, along with my grandmother I caught him up the hill nearly passed an inner gate to some of the back buildings/sheds. He fell over! He kept on trying to give an innocent act like he was looking for my grandmother the whole time, but kept asking if he could go up the property and check out some of the stuff he wanted to "buy"... Again, what the hell were the attorneys doing with him of all people, did they catch him skulking on the property and he gave the same story to them, and acted like he wasn't trespassing to get a ride?

In June I would constantly find that people had been on the property. No trespassing signs and the little makeshift gate I put down at the driveway were knocked down constantly, even happening up to this day.

It has been a hell of a ride and this isn't even it. I didn't even give all the information. I thought this would be a short vent, but good god.

Might delete. Don't know. Just venting.

I guess packing up and leaving means abandoning all my property that is illegally locked inside the house. By the way, when they threw my grandmother out they still haven't allowed her to come back and get her things. It is July. Our things are being held hostage.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; July 08, 2018 at 01:46 AM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Dude that is really ed up. Who exactly is doing this and why?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

SturmChurro's Avatar Not Vault Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Dude that is really ed up. Who exactly is doing this and why?
    Small town. People think they can do whatever they want it seems, including law enforcement. I can tell you the way his estate is being handled - by strangers, he would be rolling over in his grave. He would have never wanted any of this to be happening. It's very sad, and it's insane how much greed drives these people who think they can - and do - take advantage of deaths.

Blog Entries

I .. can't ... believe

the worst day of my life has come.. I put my Med2 Gold DVD in and it didn't work

it tries to launch it but after few seconds it simply stops.. dudes, do you realize that I cannot play anymore any Med2 mod? can you see the immensity of the tragedy?

my life is over

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

I think it is on Steam for like $10?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Blog Entries

but steam is the evil!!

and I think I paid my dvd copy around 5,00 €, some 10 years ago

Oh crap.... that sucks Flinn. You could always find and use a DVD image and then use the key you legally own with your DVD to install? Does MED2 requires a disk on the tray? I seem to recall something but it's been a long time.

AdQ I haven't escaped yet but progress has been made on the international certification of our papers front. Still no sight of our baby passport, we'll explore new venues once we get our papers certified, since my wife grandmonther is Colombian we'll try to get her the nationality and then our son would have it too, then we'll get the Colombian passport for him. After that I would only need to finish selling all we can't carry of our meager possessions and collect enough money to reach somewhere safe to work and live.

Oh and bribe our way out here, don't you think that having all your papers in order gives you free pass, no. The officials know you are leaving the country and thus must have money hidden somewhere, money which rightly belong to them because... then you have to pay them whatever they feel like according of what you have. And if you are leaving by air you must purchase a comeback ticket or else they won't let you board the plane, since we are property of the party and they can't let their servs flee unscathed. "If you are leaving us, then you must spend as much as we can make you for such treachery" policy seems to be the norm.

EDIT: Sturmchurro, that seriously sucks! I don't comprehend entirely the context but the situation do sound like a violation of lots of laws, civil rights and decency. Don't you have anyone to recur in help? Another police department? A civil rights association? NGO? Or God forbids.. lawyers?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Blog Entries

dude are you really worrying about me? I was clearly joking man

best of luck to you dude, you always have my thoughts

I am rather peeved about France winning the world cup.

AqD's Avatar (~‾▿‾)~

my DVDs were also ruined. bought it back on steam so I could see the glorious LOTR wars again.

Baal what about ships? or just walk/drive? Maybe crazy but what do you have left in Venezuela? The situation won't get better for another decade if not several decades. Everyday you're staying, your chance of escaping is being reduced, the cost is getting higher, and people getting more and more desperate.

You have to leave.
    Last edited by AqD; July 16, 2018 at 10:43 AM.