Thread: IBUR

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default IBUR

In an effort to bring our much anticipated playable sea battles, our team and the team of the mod IBUR have teamed up in an effort to produce the system quicker for all of you to enjoy.

So this is just a little bit of information for you all to give you trust in the fact that this feature will be released in the near future

Work on development with the IBUR team shall begin on Febuary 1st, so expect many updates soon on this thread
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: IBUR

Nice timing saying this just a week ahead Subscribed!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! DDDDDD

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Keep it up, guys . I sure hope for some updates. Some RTW sea battle screenies will surely make my month
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

I shall see what we can come up with
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You gus ever succeed in implementing this? IBUR died well over a year ago, and don't want Hannibalcaesar's work making it possible to go to waste.

The RTW East Asia TW mod (Mongol invasion) already had naval combat footage shown but the only main problem was how the unit was using the swim function so the ships would sink after a while i.e exhausted troops with can swim ability.

It is possible (Whole video on it) but the swim function limits it.
    炸鸡

Was looking for a download to Roma vicit this morning, doesn't appear to be one. This whole sea battles was a disaster from the beginning. The original Idea and pictures were mine. The whole idea was to port a model of a tirem and attach it to a bone structure of a elephant or horse because there were already enough functioning bones in those skeletons, then move the bones around the deck to simulate movement. The movement of the boat itself was to be achieved with the Scene root. As you know you can change the actual movement of a unit in game by moving the root scene around the board and then exporting the animation using the animation tool. if you want you can make your units fly, not difficult at all. In the descr modal battle you can change the Impact of the weapon to coincide with the animation. It is time consuming as the IF are parsed at the beginning of the battle, Most hits are currently set to around the 13th or 14th frame, but you can set these where ever you want. This would allow for the unit not to die...or at least die where you want it. This project went in the wrong direction from the beginning. This project was based on pure animation, it had very little to do with the mechanics of the games itself, IE the swim function? The game battles are choreographed and the better the dance looks the more appealing the battles are. To achieve the kind of sea battles that would be entertaining the boat animations would have to be 100 to 300 frames long times hundreds of animations, this is where I had anticipated the trouble to be. After sending the pictures and idea to this mod no one ever contacted me again, they just ran with it, Everyone wanting to be the first to have sea battles. Its to bad that no one ever figured out that it was all about actual animating , not so much modding the mechanics of the game engine. If anyone has an old copy of vicit can you upload it somewhere, would be nice to rework the land battles on this one.
    Thanks
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]