Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French Old Guard in Greatcoat

Default French Old Guard in Greatcoat

Aside from the fact that Dartmod is the best available mod out there right now in my opinion, the french old guard didnt have their real look, the units looks like just in the vanilla, so i decided to use L'aigle's former french old guard uniform in greatcoat, the mod cant be downloaded anymore because sadly megaupload is down. anyone who would like to use the french old guard uniform in greatcoat what i edited from the original File what L'aigle created, then just give it a try and dl it.

pic:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=386273&page=5 post 98

And the user.script what you have to place is attached also in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    Unrar the file then place it into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

if you want them in Greatcoat then add to user.script: mod old_guard.pack;
    if you want to have them in parade dress then add this to user.script: mod old_guard_parade_dress.pack;
    Last edited by Jean-Roch Coignet; January 29, 2012 at 05:13 AM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: French Old Guard in Greatcoat

Jean-Roch Coignet, could you please make a version of L'Aigle's old guard skin without the greatcoat on? That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Jean-Roch Coignet, could you please make a version of L'Aigle's old guard skin without the greatcoat on? That would be great!
    sure, when im back from work i will upload the old guard with the correct skin but in parade dress then.

if anyone has any request of french or british skins, say it

The highland units have the wrong head dress, IMO. It should be a smaller tam or a glengarry.

But I definitely LoVE the grey coats. Think you could make it for all units? Well are they only for winter campaigning? Or do they show up in summer battles as well?

ok added the old guard in parade dress, you can dl it from the first post and the user.script is also showing now the parade dress pack.
    if you want them in Greatcoat then add to user.script: mod old_guard.pack;
    if you want to have them in parade dress then mod old_guard_parade_dress.pack;

Quote Originally Posted by DuDeNine View Post
    The highland units have the wrong head dress, IMO. It should be a smaller tam or a glengarry.

But I definitely LoVE the grey coats. Think you could make it for all units? Well are they only for winter campaigning? Or do they show up in summer battles as well?
    the greatcoats are for the french skins, im not sure right now if the british units have greatcoats in my pack file, but if there are GC for them then i can add greatcoat to the british units, and then they will have it on in summer and winter aswell. I could do that too that part of them would be in summer dress and part of them in winter dress, but then i would have to edit the numbers of the units what you can recruit of them, so to say half of them in summer and half of them in winter dress.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Thanks!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Perhaps my old L'aigle coversion pack would be helpful here? It converted 16 Imperial Guard and Line units (if their unit ID name was not changed) to L'aigles skins...?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Perhaps my old L'aigle coversion pack would be helpful here? It converted 16 Imperial Guard and Line units (if their unit ID name was not changed) to L'aigles skins...?
    As your packs are always wonderful additilns please by all means lend it to this extraordinary endeavor that is darthmod napoleon

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Thanks for the link i am at work on a mobile device so i miss things from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Roch Coignet View Post
    the greatcoats are for the french skins, im not sure right now if the british units have greatcoats in my pack file, but if there are GC for them then i can add greatcoat to the british units, and then they will have it on in summer and winter aswell. I could do that too that part of them would be in summer dress and part of them in winter dress, but then i would have to edit the numbers of the units what you can recruit of them, so to say half of them in summer and half of them in winter dress.
    Oh no that's alright. What I was asking was in fact, do the same units change by seasons? And it's not that I want greatcoats for GB it's that I just want the highland units a bit better lol. Thanks though this is great!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Since this is thread is about the old guard, I thought I'd share that I have I finally got around to maing an Old Guard Grenadier unit, just the way I want it (based on my old Hinchliffe 25mm figures from 1976. Here they are, just as I imagined them as a boy:

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Since this is thread is about the old guard, I thought I'd share that I have I finally got around to maing an Old Guard Grenadier unit, just the way I want it (based on my old Hinchliffe 25mm figures from 1976. Here they are, just as I imagined them as a boy:

wow stunning work as always

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Thing is, they still have the "visor" on their bearskin which is incorrect. Here are some examples of what the bearskin looks like:

There is no "visor" (don't know if it's the right term) on the "hat".

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Yes, it's still WIP.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Thing is, they still have the "visor" on their bearskin which is incorrect. Here are some examples of what the bearskin looks like:

There is no "visor" (don't know if it's the right term) on the "hat".

Well, after some more painstaking efforts, they may be about done... I think these are remarkable close to your example above, don't you think, Loeben old bean?

This image reminds me of one on the cover of my favored rules for tabletop wargames:

Two drummers for this unit - none of those wimpy flutists for "The Grumblers"!

Last edited by Pdguru; January 27, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    What a great thread this is progressing to. I like this unit.
    Thanks - I finally got round to working at it. Glad you like it. Here are some details from the pictures:

Totally reworked coat and grenadier bearskin - fur, white cords, tassles integrated (to remove those odd dangly thin things) and plate. Also added grenades to collar - just because I like it. Shoulder straps added.

Here are those integrated (but normal.file textured tassles)

And the backs - the long coat tails, again with grenade decorations. Wholly new bearskin top and cockade, and new straps in view. Note ammo bag with eagle comes from my European Equipment mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast