Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

If you haven't already, could you remove the christian honor penalty for the next toyotomi daimyo. If you've done this then disregard the screenshot.
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48...CC1206B77DBAF/

Upon further investigation. The Taira symbol showing on rice paddies shows up when I demolish whatever farm was built there. Do you know if there's something I can change in the pack files or if it's a startpo's problem with my game.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I'll fix that honour penalty soon. If I can't remove the trigger, I'll just make it +1.

This is rather strange. The new farm chain has the bit of binary to tell the game not to remove the farm at the base level, but for some reason it's doing that and reverting itself to the vanilla chains (this is why the taira logo shows up). I'll look into it.
    Last edited by Akaie; March 13, 2012 at 06:32 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Just played an Ishida campaign for 22 turns ....

then got crushed by three armies at once.

When starting as the Ishida my capital didn't show up until turn two, so I wasn't able to do anything first turn. When Otani went to war with Toyotomi the window showed up to choose who to stay allied with, but It only allowed me to choose to side with the Toyotomi, Otani option was greyed out.

Also the AI seems to still throw useless armies at me most of the time.

Other then that, this is the first mode to actually get my to enjoy playing Shogun 2.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post

When starting as the Ishida my capital didn't show up until turn two, so I wasn't able to do anything first turn. When Otani went to war with Toyotomi the window showed up to choose who to stay allied with, but It only allowed me to choose to side with the Toyotomi, Otani option was greyed out.

Other then that, this is the first mode to actually get my to enjoy playing Shogun 2.
    1. What difficult?
    2. Yeah, that choose to side -box is still in bug and Anton III is still fixing it.
    3. That is raiding and smart AI moves

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post

Read the "Dealing with the Fog of War" section here.

The option is still there; it should be the last option. There is a few instances of text entries not showing up, and unfortunately I'm not sure why it does it.

Glad you're enjoying it .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Played as the Date last night. I noticed that I had a trade agreement with the Miyagi-no-Maeda even though I was at war with them.

Thanks .

Oh! wealthmonger! I looked for your farm issue, and when I destroyed a built-up farm chain, it reverted to the "SEK_Farming_Communes" building as it should. There might be an issue on your end. Do you have any mods installed? Older Sekigahara Campaign pack file?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I'm pretty sure I don't have anything else from other mods. I'll just see if it still occurs with the next version, if it does then I'll look into it further.

By the way if you haven't already could you post a pic of the data files without mods so people can see what should be in there without mods. That way if something additional is there they'll know it's probably leftover from a mod. Just tell them this is what it should like as of (insert date).

At least it sounds good in theory.
    Last edited by wealthmonger; March 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM.

could somebody please upload the file on another hoster - Mediafire give me always a corrupted file

How so? Does the download stop part of the way through? This could be an issue with your system downloading generally large files.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

not too sure if this is been reported, the "farm" issue happes with the new ports. What I mean is, if I take over a land with a shipwright and then destroy it because I want to start the cannon chain, the next time it will be a harbour (like the one from vanilla).

...interesting. "If I take over a land". I'll have a quick look at this now with my Kato campaign.

Ok. Confirmed the issue. I'll dig around the startpos.esf and do some comparisons with the vanilla chain to pick up on anything that may be causing this. On the other hand, with all the farms I destroyed, none reverted to the old farm chain. Some confirmation that that issue has been done away with would be great.
    Last edited by Akaie; March 21, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Blitzed through a Sanada (who else?) short campaign with v0.85. Not all of these are bugs but thought I'd keep everything in the same post.

This still happens:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Does the basic builder colony do anything besides add Chi bonus? If so the tooltip should say so - and if not it should methinks.

Several clan relationships have idential negative relationship modifiers under "political alignment" and "past grievances"

Etchu Maeda have a massive past grievance with the Sanada? Not seen that before.

Tokugawa-Sanada alliance? No "War!!" modifier?

Kozuke/Shinano Sanada past friendship gone? Why?

Shouldn't the yumi-nags have accuracy and reload stats? Also, why do they have rank fire and yari wall? They don't have loose formation or skirmish despite being missile units? The latter I don't mind as much but the former shouldn't be there I think.

Another general point - why does the yumi-nags have particularly poor morale even for ashigaru?

The diplomacy map doesn't match with the diplomacy status below (e.g. Date hostile?)

The Murakami have "past friendship" with the Sanada? Disagree with this one.

The Miyagi Maeda have a unchangeable -55 past grievance against the Sanada? Why?

Remind me to find you a new pic for these dairinnin poppups.

MAJOR ISSUE - thanks to the massive "X-aligned province" modifier, dairinnin are still completely unable to affect a province's alignment

"Toyotomi monk"

The metsuke description is "."

Does "way of teppo" actually do anything besides opening up the techs underneath it?

Wrong religion symbols

Christianity references:

Seems like the political alignment modifier between clans keeps growing even though I've never met them before. Not so much a bug but a bit strange that we're "very friendly" upon contact I guess.

Didn't realise this until the end, but what does it take for the Sanada to change alignment?

Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; March 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

wow... a lot bugs! :O I think i will stay in 0.8 while 0.85 is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    wow... a lot bugs! :O I think i will stay in 0.8 while 0.85 is fixed.
    Not all are bugs .

Blitzed through a Sanada (who else?) short campaign with v0.85. Not all of these are bugs but thought I'd keep everything in the same post.

Blue texting my bits .

This still happens:

I have no idea why the UI is screwing me over when it comes to some of the text entries. The "Break Alliance With: " entry is in the .loc file, and it's as it is in vanilla. Probably an issue with sticking .loc files in a movie .pack file, perhaps? Who knows.

Does the basic builder colony do anything besides add Chi bonus? If so the tooltip should say so - and if not it should methinks.

It's like the first port of the port chain. It does all at the start, but then you get a choice of either a stonemasonry or carpentry sub-chain, as it says in the description... in the picture.

Several clan relationships have idential negative relationship modifiers under "political alignment" and "past grievances"

Yep. This is to incite better attitudes between clans of the same alignment, whilst significantly punishing those without the same alignment. It's working much to my favour based on my Kato playthrough, as it doesn't destroy diplomacy with a clan of an opposing alignment; it just makes it less yielding.

Etchu Maeda have a massive past grievance with the Sanada? Not seen that before.

Tokugawa-Sanada alliance? No "War!!" modifier?

Kozuke/Shinano Sanada past friendship gone? Why?

The diplomacy map doesn't match with the diplomacy status below (e.g. Date hostile?)

The Murakami have "past friendship" with the Sanada? Disagree with this one.

The Miyagi Maeda have a unchangeable -55 past grievance against the Sanada? Why?

Seems like the political alignment modifier between clans keeps growing even though I've never met them before. Not so much a bug but a bit strange that we're "very friendly" upon contact I guess.

I didn't actually complete these diplomacy twigs. Some are a step up from v0.85, whilst others are v0.8. It's due to my eagerness to have the new empire building setup play-tested and due to the fact I'll have to recreate the startpos.esf.

Shouldn't the yumi-nags have accuracy and reload stats? Also, why do they have rank fire and yari wall? They don't have loose formation or skirmish despite being missile units? The latter I don't mind as much but the former shouldn't be there I think.

Another general point - why does the yumi-nags have particularly poor morale even for ashigaru?

Yeah, morale should be bumped up a bit more. It doesn't show the bow stats because it's classed as a spear unit; CA didn't design the UI to accommodate Spear-Yumi units. I'll try to look at making some custom definitions; maybe that'll work.

Fire by rank attempts to get around a bug where only the front line would fire. They basically act like gunmen. Therefore, I added the fire by rank to allow the player to get all ranks to be able to shoot their bows.

Remind me to find you a new pic for these dairinnin poppups.

"Toyotomi monk"

Christianity references:

Cheers. I shall haunt you insistently .

MAJOR ISSUE - thanks to the massive "X-aligned province" modifier, dairinnin are still completely unable to affect a province's alignment

Not reeeaaaally a major issue. I'll be dealing this via tech node effects so it acts like more of an unlockable feature rather than something available from the start, thereby making the agent's progress all the more valuable!

The metsuke description is "."

It means you cannot recruit anymore. That might also be a UI bug.

Does "way of teppo" actually do anything besides opening up the techs underneath it?

I'll send out a fix for the pack along with the new startpos.esf.

Wrong religion symbols

Implication of the old fortresses. It doesn't mean anything.

Didn't realise this until the end, but what does it take for the Sanada to change alignment?

Usually all you need is to take over a province with a conflicting alignment. However, I might need to look at getting it unlocked from the start.
    Last edited by Akaie; March 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

This seems like a well made mod with a lot of though, effort, and time put into it. I may just be stupid and overlooked something, but I have come across a major problem. It is probably just me, because I haven't really found anyone else with the problem, but like I said, I'm probably stupid. The problem is upgrading farms, it won't let me do it at all. And I played a little farther anyway, and it won't let me upgrade any buildings. Is there something in this mod that I have to do to make it work? I have a mod that make the build time for all vanilla buildings/units 0 turns (instant because I'm a cheater) but even after removing that there was not change. Did I break Total War: Shogun 2?

I seem to remember an issue where someone had a startpos.esf mod installed, and that overwrote my own startpos.esf. I can't do anything for this issue at the moment because the campaign is severely broken, but look for additional modifications; most are incompatible with The Sekigahara Campaign .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I am unable to get the mod running, and I know that it's related to the latest patch, but, just to be sure about this, are there any workarounds or versions of the mod that work as of now?

Nope .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

i have a problem, when i put the file into the "data" folder and run the game, it crashes, i tried downloading the file a couple of times and installed and tried same result, any solution to that? thanks in advance.