Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

I realize you probably can't do anything about this but I thought I'd ask just in case.

providing this replay plays correctly, is there anything you can do about this behavior. I sent a single unit next to akashi to help them but during the battle some of them just stood there in spearwall. Assuming my game isn't the problem.

I fought this battle twice, the first time we lost because half of akashi's units just stood there in spearwall, even when enemy troops were munching on them. They were a little better in the replay which is the second battle. I doubt we would have won if I hadn't gone after their generals.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Milk View Post
    Hey Anton, I'm having problems with installing the mod. I've downloaded, extracted, and copied the pack into the data folder, but when I run the game the vanilla version starts. Any help would be appreciated.
    Give me a screenshot of your data folder. That should clear up what you're doing .

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    I realize you probably can't do anything about this but I thought I'd ask just in case.

providing this replay plays correctly, is there anything you can do about this behavior. I sent a single unit next to akashi to help them but during the battle some of them just stood there in spearwall. Assuming my game isn't the problem.

I fought this battle twice, the first time we lost because half of akashi's units just stood there in spearwall, even when enemy troops were munching on them. They were a little better in the replay which is the second battle. I doubt we would have won if I hadn't gone after their generals.
    I'll take a look, but BAI is something no modder has been able to overhaul. We can do a bit of tampering with that groupformations.bin file, change unit stats and try to make some very light influence in a scenario, but it's all on CA as to how good the BAI is .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Got another bug. In Iwate, the date built a cannon port. I took over the town and deleted it. Now I just have some weird coastal village that can't be upgraded.

Well thats just weird. I tried all three types for that battle: autot-resolve, end at victory screen and continue after victory screen, and none of them crashed. Though I think from now on I'm just gonna end at the victory screen.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokgar View Post
    Got another bug. In Iwate, the date built a cannon port. I took over the town and deleted it. Now I just have some weird coastal village that can't be upgraded.
    I was thinking this might be back. Gives me a bug to focus on . If you can, could you send me a save game from before you deleted the cannon port from Iwate (preferably made as close to Iwate being under your control)?

Thanks for noting the issue .

There's your issue. You seem to have the .pack files in a folder called "The_Sekigahara_Campaign_V0.85", although I can't really tell. The .packs need to be in the data folder .

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Well thats just weird. I tried all three types for that battle: autot-resolve, end at victory screen and continue after victory screen, and none of them crashed. Though I think from now on I'm just gonna end at the victory screen.
    This is strange. Shoot me a post if it happens again, and post a relevant save too .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Ahh, I never saved before that. I took over Iwate fairly quickly, sorry .

Although, I have more to report, with screenshots.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...14A9C876F9508/
    The Ii clan apparently has Toyotomi Generals :p

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...09CCF22A001B9/
    Never gave me the option to make the "Odawara Citadel"

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...9A72D5EA9A341/
    Even with this tech path researched, I have no option to upgrade the loan room

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...52C271080981E/
    Local Temple instead of something relating to the Toyotomi :p.

Also, playing as a toyotomi faction, even taking over a city with a tokugawa palace, I never have the option to convert. When I played as the date, I got the Christianity message and from then on was allowed to convert.

On a side note:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...A4E6E4BFA46B0/
    Bwahahaha, I made Ii, Ikeda, and Date do most of the work... after I took over their best lands [Actually. As date, I took over the Uesugi and made them my vassals after destroying their last town. When they "Re-emerged" they changed to my allegiance. This never happened with my 4+ vassals when I was playing as Naoe.]

Thanks for the help Anton!

Can I see a screenshot of how the data folder is supposed to look like?

The only folders you should have in the data folder are encyclopedia, text and UI. Everything else should just be *.pack files and *.txt files.

I've attached a pic with an idea of how your data folder should look (even though I have FOTS mods in instead of segikahara ones)
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Icon7 Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Bugs and Technical Help

The only folders you should have in the data folder are encyclopedia, text and UI. Everything else should just be *.pack files and *.txt files.

I've attached a pic with an idea of how your data folder should look (even though I have FOTS mods in instead of segikahara ones)
    Thanks for the tip. I've put the Sekigahara packs into the data folder,but when I start the game it crashes. It did not ask me to overwrite any folder.

Ahh, I never saved before that. I took over Iwate fairly quickly, sorry .

Although, I have more to report, with screenshots.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...14A9C876F9508/
    The Ii clan apparently has Toyotomi Generals :p

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...09CCF22A001B9/
    Never gave me the option to make the "Odawara Citadel"

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...9A72D5EA9A341/
    Even with this tech path researched, I have no option to upgrade the loan room

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...52C271080981E/
    Local Temple instead of something relating to the Toyotomi :p.

Also, playing as a toyotomi faction, even taking over a city with a tokugawa palace, I never have the option to convert. When I played as the date, I got the Christianity message and from then on was allowed to convert.
    1) The names of captains (for example Toyotomi Tsuneshige) are randomly generated using names from the name database, so it may be that you have something like that . It was most likely one of Hideyoshi's nephew's children sent off as a hostage to the Naoe and subsequently sent off to the Ii to ensure their allegiance to the Naoe and Toyotomi!

2) This is from an outdated save game, so the game couldn't possibly give you the option .

3) Confirmed to be an issue. I shall fix this in a database update .

4) Nothing wrong with the text in this specific dilemma. Temples are still commonplace at this point, and not every reference to religion needs to be eliminated . The bits that needed to be changed were the references to loyalists.

I have noticed this conversion thing, too. If the ui files yield enough information, I should be able to unlock conversion via lua scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Milk View Post
    Can I see a screenshot of how the data folder is supposed to look like?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is what you should see. Make sure you don't use the big ~800mb pack, as that will most definitely give you a crash .

I love it when players try to help out fellow players. Thank you very much .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

The Naoe campaign I started with a fresh install of .85B :/.

Also in relation to #4, why would the Toyotomi be happy with us if we didn't care about a temple desecration? it doesn't make sense to me.

The temple desecration is a catalyst for the dilemma. The dilemma is actually about revealing your priorities: the people you govern or your friendship with the Toyotomi.

The Toyotomi wouldn't necessarily care about temple desecration, but they would care if the temple desecration leads to you shunning them in favour of something else, in this case the populace of Sagami.

The Odawara Fortress is rather weird. The most reasonable explanation is that you weren't using 0.85B, as the startpos data is definitely showing me that the Odawara fort chain is indeed in Sagami. Furthermore, there is just no link to the Building ID's of the generic fort chain and the Odawara fort chain.
    Last edited by Akaie; April 23, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Hmm, I'll look again and try a fresh campaign then.

Hello~ Its me again

I just have two things to add based on my limited experience so far in putting my guns on as the DATE CLAN:
    1) Yumi-Naginatas unit does not show stats for Ammunition, Accuracy and Reload Speed but they function okay. Would be nice to compare their stats to normal archers
    2) Suggestion: For Teppo Taishos, is it possible to modify the skilltrees for the combat side? Change it from Melee based bonuses to Teppo Bonuses like Accuracy, Reloading speed etc etc

Anyone else having problems making trade agreements/alliances with people? I'm using Date and Tokugawa and Honda are both very friendly and Tokugawa supporters but say both are unnaceptable.
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Means you don't have any resources they want.

Also anton, as Ishida took over shima and deleted his upgraded rice paddies so I could make millet fields. I get that weird bug again though.

Also is it just me or does the AI NEVER make millet fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarnight View Post
    Hello~ Its me again

I just have two things to add based on my limited experience so far in putting my guns on as the DATE CLAN:
    1) Yumi-Naginatas unit does not show stats for Ammunition, Accuracy and Reload Speed but they function okay. Would be nice to compare their stats to normal archers
    2) Suggestion: For Teppo Taishos, is it possible to modify the skilltrees for the combat side? Change it from Melee based bonuses to Teppo Bonuses like Accuracy, Reloading speed etc etc
    This is because they are defined as a spear unit. I can look at giving them a better definition.

I will add an effect for the teppo taishos to sit alongside the generic taisho effect.

Means you don't have any resources they want.

Also anton, as Ishida took over shima and deleted his upgraded rice paddies so I could make millet fields. I get that weird bug again though.

Also is it just me or does the AI NEVER make millet fields.
    Righto. I do have a few ideas as to how this could happen, but as I said before I need game saves right before the issue occurs or a save that definitely shows the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    Anyone else having problems making trade agreements/alliances with people? I'm using Date and Tokugawa and Honda are both very friendly and Tokugawa supporters but say both are unnaceptable.
    Try doing it in a variety of conditions and see if it persists.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

cris7lopus's Avatar Libertus

Hey are Odawara and Osaka supposed to start at tier one because they do in mine?