Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat/Real Recruitment 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED to 3.2 Vanilla-version 1.5 RELEASED

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3B RELEASED!

Are you planning on giving Orcs of the Misty Mountains the Gundabad spear-version Goblin Band, and Gundabad the Misty Mountain sword version Goblin Infantry?

I ask because in my campaign using 1.3, each side has a number of Goblin Infantry with the Rome Peasant UI card and a textureless battle model. I figured you were filling out their roster a bit but it had a few bugs along the way.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3B RELEASED!

Okay. Oh nothing special really, i havent quite decided yet hehe, right now ive edited out the rhun elite mace infantry and replaced em with the halberd and sword unit from AUM. Some other changes here and there like unit classification, just personal preference really nothing major.

Nemesis_GR's Avatar Miles

@kolaris which version are u at?Barons?Is this bug active in custom battles or campaign only?I ll take a look at it.
    Real Combat 1.4.1 UPDATED for TATW 4.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=518028

1.3. No suffixes, not the ARMOR version.

In custom battles there's no problem; the extra unit isn't there. Playing the first few turns of a Gundabad/Orc campaign didn't show any oddities in the recruitment page, but turn ~70 of my Silvan Elves campaign Gundabad's armies are filled with this problem unit. I think I also saw them in OotMM armies, but they're destroyed and can't check.

What's the difference between 1.3 and 1.3-ARMOR?

I just want to say the trolls of Mordor are quite difficult to kill... I have three ballistas and a halfstack of archers as gondor, but to no avail. They take my spearmen without difficulty. I feel like a sissy, but someone has to say it. Maybe they have too good stats? They are near the same as the elephant things and they should be much better! Also tried costume battle and they killed my ents without suffering any casulties (the trolls).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis_GR View Post
    Anyway if u want my opinion:
    3.OOG already have these units as mercenaries afaik.You made them recruitable?AOR?Anyway OOG and OOTM maybe need bigger rosters.
    Yes but not in the mountain areas. That is why I figured to make the simplest changes, make Rhudaur units recruitable in some Gundobad settlements. OOTM would need new goblin units, a bigger goblin unit, or goblin men. Goblin men would probably have low stats but have a higher moral and discipline. Anyway, being rare or hard to come by type units, or you could make them so, so that they are not overwhelming. You could do this with these factions and make the units smaller and or have a lower spawn rate than regular orc units.

1.Uruk raiders should be light infantry.
    That is why I suggest changing the Vanilla Raider to Uruk-Hai Swordsmen, with the body armor and most especially the huge shield they have and as good as that shield is, that does not look like light infantry but at least medium infantry. Which is why I cloned a Uruk-Hai archer unit with slightly different stats. I made the archers melee 4, and missile 6 with a 160 range and defense 8, and the new raiders, a much smaller unit, with 6 melee, 4 missile, range 140, and defense 10. This way they are better than the archers for defense and melee but not quite as good as the swordsmen, at least defense wise with no shield. The raider unit size is one size smaller than 113 on large setting. (I think that is 91?)

2.Rohan could get cavalry militia but maybe there some gameplay issues with this.(public order,sieges etc).
    The Rohan militia, I only made slightly larger (79 on large setting) and changed the name. I thought about changing the stats to lower given the unit was larger, was my only reason but as of now I believe I have the old stats but larger unit number and new unit name.

Even with out the extra unit submod, many of the evil factions seem to have much smaller rosters, in that way, the choice and diversity of units the mod is a tad unbalanced. Sure you can argue some evil factions may not have as diverse of rosters as good factions, but so would some good factions and some evil factions would have as diverse a roster as any good faction.

I was not really trying to be a nuisance, I only wanted to suggest a few adjustments or additions to improve game play and immersion factors. These suggestions I have seen in other submods or other mods, aka the RTW version of Lord of the Rings, for instance or the Fourth Age RTW mod.

RC can be adapted to any mod/submod.What you are suggesting is a completely new submod.So go ahead and make it!Adapting it to RC is a secondary issue.
    As for making a submod, I would love to use your RR/RC stat sheet. However, I would need help to make the OTMM goblin men units. And, ideally I would prefer the Raider unit had a different look with lighter armor, aka the Cleaver unit with Uruk-Hai archer weapons would be ideal as a raider unit.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; February 01, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

@Kolaris they must be one of the merc units used for spawning the additional stacks the ai gets.(i removed em on my last campaign).I ll check them.

@LordBlades RC uses a 7 tier armor upgrades system.(5 for all factions,one special for isengard,one special for dwarves-moria).I didnt want to make changes to export_buildings_db before the final 2.0 ver is out by PB.So i just lowered the armor upgrades of the units -1 lvl.(in most cases)This way all factions can upgrade most of their units(except the really heavy armored) and factions with lighter troops can upgrade them faster so that they can become more reliable.Imo smiths play a more important role with this version.

@jakethesnake You are talking about the olog-hai right?They are very powerful because of their high armor.But mordor should not be able to recruit them until very late.
    Lossarnach axemen,pelargin marines,repeated changes to their flanks/backs and siege weapons are the way to go.I removed the spawning armies from thin air in my gondor campaign so i havent faced any.Does mordor get a lot of them?
    Last time i faced them with gondor(with RC) two lossarnach axemen and boromirs Bg killed em.I will check them.

Edit:Two units of lossarnach axemen kill them with medium casualties.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; February 01, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

Does anybody knows if I can use this together with the mod of Geranicu5.

And wich version should I download?
    Last edited by Radagast the Brown; February 01, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    worshipper of Aulë ... and thx for all the dwarves

The additional mission etc mod?I guess it changes the edu.But it should be really easy to make it fully compatible.Just add the part with the new units entrys and change their stats to their RC twins.

Edit:emm barons version is for baron's compilation,vanilla is for vanilla and vannilla-armor is for vannilla with tweeked armor upgrades system.Pretty obvious right?
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; February 01, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Having greatly enjoyed RC in the past, I was hoping to install it over AUM using the Baron version, as I had to abandon Baron's.

Trying to run Expanded Map+AUM+RC now, and EM+AUM works, but when I install RC for Baron's the game doesn't start.
    Last edited by Amonero; February 02, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Hmm other people said tha Barons+expanded map+RC works so the problem is not the expanded map.Try the version i attach.Not sure that ll work thought,i just copied the aum part to the vanilla version...

Hmm other people said tha Barons+expanded map+RC works so the problem is not the expanded map.Try the version i attach.Not sure that ll work thought,i just copied the aum part to the vanilla version...
    That worked! Thank you.

Edit: Hm, no. Can't start a campaign. Deleted map.rwm.

Is this the correct installation order: Expanded Map, AUM, RC?
    Last edited by Amonero; February 02, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

No garrison script is complete without a destroy_unit script.

I don' have Baron's installed, only Expanded Map and AUM. RC worked with Baron's and Expanded, but then AUM was a part of Baron's.

Yea thats the correct order.So u can start a campaign with expanded+AUM but when u install RC u cant?That cant be right since RC only changes edu,desc_mount and desc_projectile that have nothing to do with the campaign...

@k/t wrong thread?too much beer? Btw i agree.

Yea thats the correct order.So u can start a campaign with expanded+AUM but when u install RC u cant?That cant be right since RC only changes edu,desc_mount and desc_projectile that have nothing to do with the campaign...

@k/t wrong thread?too much beer? Btw i agree.
    Tested again, and I can start a new campaign with the Expanded Map, but with AUM 3.0 installed I get thrown back to the menu, so it is probably there the problem lies and not with your RC..I guess? Strange though, since AUM worked with Baron's..

Man, I just want to enjoy a couple of hundred turns in Middle Earth

Yea i dont know exactly what files AUM changes since i never used it.Imo the units it adds ruin the game balance...Anyway gl merging the submods.hf

Yea i dont know exactly what files AUM changes since i never used it.Imo the units it adds ruin the game balance...Anyway gl merging the submods.hf
    Thanks mate! Got it working by installing the Extended Map last, don't know why. The error log showed a failure to create a certain settlement.

Looking forward to some real combat now!

If the extended map changes the edu install-reinstall the RC last or you want get the units RC stats.hf