Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat/Real Recruitment 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED to 3.2 Vanilla-version 1.5 RELEASED

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2b RELEASED!

It looks like defence from shields is only dependent on the size of the shield. I think metal shields should be superior to wooden shields but at the moment Breeland Militia has the highest shield-defence (9) if I remember right. I don´t think their shields are from high quality compared with the shields from Dragonslayers (shield-defence 8, altough it looks like a full metal shield and is pretty huge for a dwarf) At least in close combat the quality of a shield will/should be an issue. Or is the shield-quality somewhere else considered?

Apart from that this RC is awesome.

Nemesis_GR's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2b RELEASED!

@Knel
    Yea right now only size matters.I was also thinking of adding shield qualities.Something like this:

Shield quality:
    wooden -1 , +1 defence skill
    partial steel/steel frame 0
    full steel 1
    adv steel/unique 2

And racial:
    dwarven +2
    elven +1,+1 defence skill
    isengard uruk +1, -1 defence skill
    orcs -1
    elite orcs 0

ps.Also dont forget that spear unit get +2 shield.So breeland militia get a pavise(7) + spear (2) and dragon slayers get a pavise(7) +1 for quality.

@Malathor
    Right now infantry with large round/kite shield gets 0.9 movement,with pavise 0.8 and phalanx 0.7-will check if this is applied to all cases.

EDIT:I am changing secondary hps according to the formula PB posted plus this
    Elite infantry/archers that get lower numbers +1
    Isengard uruks dont get -1
    Unique units/bodyguards +1
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 25, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
    Real Combat 1.4.1 UPDATED for TATW 4.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=518028

Yes fair comment about the shields. RC2.0 has shields used by low-class units as -1, but some sort of bonus for unit/equipment quality would be appropriate. It already exists for missile and melee weapon damage and armor effectiveness.

Just released version 1.2c for vannila and baron's which has fixed secondary HPs for all units.Check OP.HF

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2c RELEASED!

Good changes, i gave light infantry 1.0 ground_speed medium infantry 0.95 and heavy 0.9 myself in addition to the allready existing animation differences, but it was just a cheap change, realistically speaking you should take into account armor/shield/weapon and race i reckon but that was to much hassle for me.

Another thing that i wonder abouth is stat_ground, i notice that this system gives medium infantry -1 in all terrain and heavy infantry -2 in all terrain. Same goes for cavalry, it goes down by 1 from light to medium and from medium to heavy. So i dont see the logic here really. Why exactly are medium and heavy infantry/cavalry worse in all sorts of terrain compared to light infantry? This in effect just means that LI have a flat +2 to attack in all sort of terrain, if i understand it correctly.
    Why not just give them higher stats then, i dont get why they need a "bonus" in certain terrain, the greater strain of wearing armor is allready accounted for in heat modifiers and the speed at which they move. Are there any situations where the 4 types of terrain dont count like in sieges or something?

In my oppinion all infantry/cavalry should have the same bonus in all sort of terrain except for 2 handers and pikes which would have problems handling their weapons effectivly in a forest, same goes for archers which would be hampered by bad range of sight and trees etc beeing in the way of their long range shots. And offcource cavalry in forest should take heavy penalties going up from light to heavy. If there is some brilliant reason i havent seen id like someone to tell me.

By the way what do you think of uppgrading the armor and type of smiths of eregion?
    Last edited by Malanthor; January 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2c RELEASED!

You have a point about stat_ground.Only PB can answer this...

About smiths of eregion i agree.Imo they should be classed Special-Noldor and have an armor of 15(full plate 13+noldor 2 -1 for no helm).
    Mithlonds nobles armor maybe should be changed(their new version seems less armored so the +4 mithril chestplate is not exactly accurate).Elven full plate is enough imo...

BUT i havent changed those two units already because i dont know exactly how they get recruited.I havent played high Elves in a while.Could someone enlighten me?Especially about the smiths guild.

Btw what are your thoughts on the armor of homeguard warriors,eregion smiths and mithlond nobles?What do they look like to you?

I think 15 armor full plate for smiths should be fitting, it looks like a full plate with no helmet, or some sort of odd head cap.
    Mithlonds do look less armored yeah but i figured they might have some fancy dandy noble stuff under there.
    Homeguards im not sure abouth, and im going to bed so ill look it over tomorrow.

edit: id say that homeguard has some sort of breastplate, its hard to say whats on the arms and legs due to the clothes but could be whatever. Id go for something in the medium range probably.
    Smiths id give something heavy, their armor looks a little odd, its not a typical armor look, but given that they are super smiths i reckon they wouldent want to be seen in something shabby, hehe. So like i said above id prob give them a full plate like you said.
    And as for the nobles its impossibly to see what they have below their shirt. It could look like some sort of scales at some parts, but i think i would minimum give them an armor value of 13 and prob more seeing the standard heavy infantry spearmen/swordmen have 13, and the nobles would likely have better gear.
    The problem with many of these armors are that they dont fit nicely into the table, you cant see clearly what they have and even then one armor piece of scales/or whatnot could be totally different from another piece in terms of quality etc.
    Last edited by Malanthor; January 25, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

stat ground is not applied in every terrain, only scrub sand desert snow. Not in for example open fields or city streets.

Version 1.3 for Vanilla and Barons is up.Check OP for dl and changelog.hf all

Edit:i am thinking of changing the armor upgrade system to fit 3.1.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 26, 2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    stat ground is not applied in every terrain, only scrub sand desert snow. Not in for example open fields or city streets.
    Aha, that is interesting. So are the majority of terrain of the 4 types or not would you say? Personally i dont know what constitutes the various terrains besides what is obvious. I dont know where the line goes.

I also released version 1.3Armor (only for vannila for now) which has different armor system.(basically all armor upgrades -1 level with some exceptions.Maybe it fits the 3.1 system better.Btw all armor upgrades cost 75 since they all give the same armor bonus regardless of armor lvl or type).
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 26, 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3 RELEASED!

I dont quite understand what this armor version does, have you modifed armor_ug_levels to be at a lower lvl? What is the idea behind this if i may ask?

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.3 RELEASED!

Yes.The idea is that RC system was made with a 7-tier smiths system,5 for all factions +2 special(isengard steel,mithril) and tata 3.1 has a 5 tier smiths system and only gondor and dwarves get the lvl5 smith.Anyway it is optional.I like it because it makes smiths worth investing etc.

IMPORTANT BUG: Mordor Uruk Bodyguards have phalanx on their formation.Go to edu and delete it.It caused me a CTD.tnx hf

Double
    Last edited by Hanny; January 26, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Just played 5 hours as Gondor with the latest armour version, works very well.

Have you given any thought to a weapons upgrade path?, so as to have the arms race of attack v defensive improvements.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

yeah i noticed they have phalanx, i could play with em just fine in custom though.

@Hanny I also started a Gondor campaign and it looks good.Being able to upgrade militia from the start in Minas Tirith is nice.Generally smiths are more useful now for all factions.Especially the ones that dont get heavy armored units they can upgrade what they have a lot faster.
    I didnt understand what u said about weapons upgrades...Afaik there is only weapons upgrade through the swordsmiths guild.

@Malanthor In my custom battle they couldnt move and they caused a ctd in the campaign.Dont know maybe it is just me.Anyway i ll fix it.

All weapon uprgrades can be assigned to buildings, be it missile or the different close combat types, its undevolped avenue.

As i said i know that there is only weapon upgrade and only for melee weapons.What exactly are you talking about?Am i missing something?:S