Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat/Real Recruitment 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED to 3.2 Vanilla-version 1.5 RELEASED

Default Re: RC for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 by Nemesis_GR ver1.1 Released

I saw that this submod improve cavalry.
    Will I have at least the occasion to make epic cavalry charge with this submod? Something that actually look like the charge in LOTR?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RC for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 by Nemesis_GR ver1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by GueulEclator View Post
    I saw that this submod improve cavalry.
    Will I have at least the occasion to make epic cavalry charge with this submod? Something that actually look like the charge in LOTR?
    No you won't. RC stands for Real Combat. As you might know the cavalry charges in LotR are not very realistic. If you want that kind of charge go to your data folder, find a file called descr_mount and increase the mass of all horses by 2.

Thanks for the tip.
    But what about the orcs, elves and dwarves stats. If this what is realistic, what criteria does it use for them? Are elves still capable of decimating orcs?

Nemesis_GR's Avatar Miles

@Gallus elves are very strong.They get pretty big def bonuses(+2/+4/+6 depending on tier).
    When testing on custom battles remember that both units should have the same line length or one of them gets flanked.So units with different numbers are a bit hard to test 1vs1.

@GueulEclator Cavalry is more realistic in this sumbod(RC) than vanilla.Elite heavy cavalry is very strong but dont forget that this is middle earth.

@Isais1 I updated dwarven wanders to RC.I made them similar to dwarven warriors,classed as superior and a little cheaper cause of no ap.I also included the dwarven warriors upgrades.I attach the edu file here.hf

EDIT:@GueulEclator Open the export_desc_file and on the top part it says the racial bonuses.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Sorry Mixed up some files.Plz re-download the fixed 1.1 version from OP.tnx and hf!
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 22, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis_GR View Post
    Sorry Mixed up some files.Plz re-download the fixed 1.1 version from OP.tnx and hf!
    Cool thanks +rep so the version 1.1 has the dwarf WANDERERS?

No it doesnt.Download the 1.1 version and install it. Then download the file RC Dwarven Wanderers i attached two posts up and install that too.Have fun!

ps.by install i mean extract and copy-paste the text files in Third_Age_3/data

Gotcha thanks chief

Very nice job Nemesis.
    i noticed that some units have differeing costs like bow quendi :1200-960 or Eored lancers: 850-1000. Intentional or something you forgot to change?
    Last edited by Malanthor; January 22, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

For some reason the game will start and just crash when I added the Dwarven WANDERERS

@Malathor u mean they have different recruitment cost in campaign and custom battles?This is intentional.Many units were made like this in the original edu 1.4 RC by PB.(and carried on to MOS6.31).
    But when i corrected some unit costs or changing their numbers which leads to a cost change i gave these units the same campaign/custom battle stats in order to be able to check them ingame more easily.So all campaign recruitment costs are correct but some custom battles costs might be a little innacurate.

@Isais1 I only changed their stats they should be working.Make sure everything is intalled correctly in this order.Tatw 3.0,Tatw 3.1 patch,Barons 5.0,Barons 5.1 bugfixer,Mhaendros submod,My version 1.1 RC,And lastly the dwarven wanderers edu.
    I will install Mhaendors sumbod and check if it works myshelf.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Ok Isaias1 i installed Mhaedros's mod and it works fine.I made an 1.1 version with the wanderers try installing this.Furthermore i made them impetuous(+1 attack -1 defence),gave them stakes and hide anywhere but removed shieldwall.
    I attach it in this post.tell me if it works!HF

ps.Extract the file at ur desktop and then copy the 3 text files inside Third_Age_3/data .Copy and replace/accept all gg.

EDIT:I uploaded a Vanilla TATW 3.1 version of the sumbod and the vanilla backup files.Hf all!
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 23, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Black UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.1 Released

By turn 34 on VH Silvians had moria, Gondor had the gates to mordor and rohan just sacked Isengard. I play as H. elves, cheating as hell, walking around giving tons of money to the evil factions to get a decent game going, but to no avail. Why is it like this? is it a known bug or what? Another thing I notice was the hobbit archers given to you from the shire, they had no unit card for some reason. Is there someway you can make the evil factions a bit stronger? I want to save middle earth as H elves, not just sit by and watch as the good factions roll over the evil.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Black UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.1 Released

@Jakethesnake are u sure that RC is to blame for that?The only thing RC changed that could affect this situation is Auto-Resolve through the stats/sec hp changes.I will take a look at it.More feedback on the issue is welcome.

I also fixed the autonomy hobbit units.I will upload the files later today cause i want to make some more minor fixes.hf

Ok Nemesis. Tanks for the mod by the way. Can't play TW without RC.

I can't tell you the mod is to blame for it, other than it didn't happen with vanilla. However I haven't played vanilla (specially not 3.1) that much, but my impression with this mod is that the "good" armies stats could be a tiny bit better than the "evil" ones and then it's balanced out by the evil ones are less expensive. I think the problem is when playing campaign on VH that all the AI:s get bonuses so that unit costs actually aren't a problem for them. That's why Rohan has more troops on the field than Isengard. Problem is that Rohans units are stronger.

Also I've noticed something about the silvians. At first they sit there, having not much of an army to speak of, but manages to fend off attackers. But when either mordor or Oomm attack one of the Silvian "home" settlements they get beaten back by the stack which is generated and then the sivians use this (through this mod) unbeatable stack to take either moria or the other mordor castle and become invincible... Maybe the initial unit recruitment cost for elves is ok, but the upkeep to low?

I don't know these things, just trying to help out and eventually enjoy the mod.

jakethesnake did you deactivate garrison script? If you want a classic TATW campaign you should play with garrison script, otherwise some factions will get destroyed before turn 50.

Gallus: Nope, not that I know of. Maybe by mistake if that can be done. But it seems like I'm the only one experiencing the mentioned problems, so I will stop nagging.

@jakethesnake No it is not "nagging" it is valuable feedback. Report back to us if this keeps happening in ur campaigns.hf

Version 1.2 with some minor fixes is up.See changelog for more.Hf all
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; January 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Black UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2 RELEASED!

you gave spiders 3 hitpoints? that's a bit over the top imho. Right now my spiders have 2hp and 8 armour (total 12 defense) and I think this is just about right.

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Black UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR ver1.2 RELEASED!

Yup what i meant Nemesis, By the way the new changes you made were nice, so im using yours instead of the one i made myself, good job.