Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Real Combat/Real Recruitment 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED to 3.2 Vanilla-version 1.5 RELEASED

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR FINAL VERSION 1.4 RELEASED!

Sorry for the triple post (can you edit on this forum?) but just a question for Nemesis_GR, does your rc 1.4 work with the improved mod compilation (noticed you said that is what you use in that forum) or do I need to change anything?

Cheers

Nemesis_GR's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Real Combat 1.4.1 by Point Blank UPDATED for Baron's Samedi Compilation v5.0 and Vannila TATW 3.1 by Nemesis_GR FINAL VERSION 1.4 RELEASED!

Go to page 11.I posted an RC version for G5s comp.hf

ps.you ll be able to edit your posts when u have 25 posts iirc.
    Real Combat 1.4.1 UPDATED for TATW 4.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=518028

Many thanks.

hi Nemesis, just to know if you took a look at the units i added and if you can help me update their stats to RC when you have some free time ofc...i think you said your exams are coming up so maybe when their are finished you can help me

thx
    Last edited by LethaL; February 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

*EDIT* Double post
    Last edited by zorphon; February 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Just curious on some more elaborated explanations of this mod. It doesn't really have a summary, just jumps into a short changelog.

What exactly does it balance? Are Elven archers weaker, etc.?

Does it change recruitment at all, if so, how?

Thanks in advance. Just want some more explanations. I like more arcade-y Total War play, so if this is a slower-paced change of combat, I wouldn't be interested. Just want to know. Thanks.
    My machine:

It doesnt affect recruitment.RR(real recruitment) is what does that.So the recruitment will be like vanilla.But i might release some changes on recruitment to fit RC better in the near future.

What it does is that it rebalances unit stats making them more realistic.This is done through using formulas for weapons/armor/quality/racial bonuses etc.

For example Elves get lower numbers,high recruitment cost but low upkeep and stat-wise they probably get the best units.You can take a look at the RC text file for more specifics.
    RC uses a new system with hundreds of projectiles so missile units scale better,damage and accuracy-wise.So elven archers are very powerfull especially against low-armor enemies.
    Anyway download it and check the unit stats u ll get the idea.hf

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis_GR View Post
    It doesnt affect recruitment.RR(real recruitment) is what does that.So the recruitment will be like vanilla.But i might release some changes on recruitment to fit RC better in the near future.

What it does is that it rebalances unit stats making them more realistic.This is done through using formulas for weapons/armor/quality/racial bonuses etc.

For example Elves get lower numbers,high recruitment cost but low upkeep and stat-wise they probably get the best units.You can take a look at the RC text file for more specifics.
    RC uses a new system with hundreds of projectiles so missile units scale better,damage and accuracy-wise.So elven archers are very powerfull especially against low-armor enemies.
    Anyway download it and check the unit stats u ll get the idea.hf
    I did download it, but am somewhat a noob to modding M2TW and what-not so I'm not getting much out of reading it.

So basically Elven units stats are upped a bit, but so is their cost? Interesting.
    My machine:

major's Avatar Libertus

Hi Nemesis_GR.

Some minor bugs I've noticed.

Wrong shield value I think. See screens below.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

IMO this trait should be reserved for generals.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The mayor of dale chain bug is a vannila issue.Check this for solution http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=mayor+chain

I ll fix the shield values(bandits should have 2 or 3 and Elven nobles 0) and release a bugfix version soon.Tnx for feedback!hf

Edit:i attach the fixed edu.Extract and copy paste in data.hf
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; March 02, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

What are players impressions on what, if any, effect this modmod has on AI vs AI autoresolved combat?

Are some factions consistently doing better/worse in the long run than they do in vanilla 3.1?

I will eventually try this but I would do it earlier if I knew how it affects the whole campaign balance.

Autoresolve is improved with RC.Basically because except unit stats it changes secondary hps.This has been discussed a few pages back.
    Anyway from my experience campaign balance is great.Most factions behave/perform as they should imo.hf

Hi Nemesis, i don't want to be annoying but can you replie to this pls??

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    hi Nemesis, just to know if you took a look at the units i added and if you can help me update their stats to RC when you have some free time ofc...i think you said your exams are coming up so maybe when their are finished you can help me

thx
    thks
    Last edited by LethaL; March 08, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Does this mod contain RC only or RR as well?

@Lethal sorry too many units...

@Bardha Only RC.But vannila recruitment system has some similarities with the SS RR.Anyway maybe in the near future i ll release some changes in recruitment.

Edit:I mod firstly for myshelf.As u can all see i havent even made a 1.4 version for barons or vannila without my armor system.I ll do minor requests and bugfixes only.This is considered a finished project.(took me a long time to make...!).hf all

ps.if u rep me also rep Point Blank he made this submod i only updated for TATW 3.1 tnx.
    Last edited by Nemesis_GR; March 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM.

im confused (a state i exist in quite frequently)....what files am i DLing to make this mod work with vanilla and then with Baron's...do i do all 4 or 1 or something in-between...(when someone explains please pretend im an idiot with computers)

What 4 files?Each version is standalone.And i guess u know what the backup files are...
    If u are using Baron's just download the baron's version...If u are using vannila download the latest vanilla version(1.4).

ps.i ll probably update the barons version to 1.4 soon.I havent done it already because i stopped using barons-like many people-because of the ctd issues.hf all

Just downloaded this and i have to say this has greatly improved my game play experience! Such a great mod!

RC is a must for every mod.

Libertus

Definitely!

First time I played RC, I saw the Dwarf and Elf units lower size. I felt turned off. So I went and played a couple of other sub mobs. I had gotten the feel of the balance issues and mechanics. I came back to RC. Orc factions are actually on par with the Elf and Dwarves. I don't think I can go back any more.