Thread: Hybrid CAI and Difficulty Mod 1.1

Default Hybrid CAI and Difficulty Mod 1.1

As of 1.1, AI spending and defensive priorities have been rebalanced, and the campaign difficulty settings reworked- now it adds to AI economy without crippling player spies and agents.
    This mod is intended to create a more aggressive AI in the early stages of the game.

Feel free to try it, and do not spare the commentary.

Uses a combination of EiC and Darth Mod, with a sprinkling of customized values.
    Last edited by Santini; January 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Darth and EiC joint CAI

Considering all you just uploaded was the no forts submod and that trying to swap the ai will result in recruitment mismatches I doubt that the ai being more dynamic is the case. The Eic AI is far more geared towards a slower paced less arcadish game funding economic growth for a couple of years then going on campaign. The ai files take parts from both NTW 3, my own UAI mod and some totally custom bits all of which have been beta tested over the period of the last year or so, I very much doubt that simply adding a couple of files from darthmod which has been in development less than a month and a half can improve the situation. Withdrawing is no bad thing early game.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; January 20, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Indeed.

What I did was remove some of the emphasis on building economic structures and the like, and upping cost coverage of upkeep and unit cost

The idea being, simulate an AI capable of covering its economic bases, without actually having the underlining structure.

What I've seen mostly is bigger, earlier fights and slugfests, which is what I was going for.

This particular file is meant for the upcoming KuE relaunch, ie speeding up the early game a bit to make an RPG a bit more interesting- but it will also work nicely for players looking for an earlier fight.

Artifex

No, you included a single table (building_culture_variants) which does none of those things. It affects pictures, icons and descriptions.

That's the no forts mod

It also effects placement of forts on the battlemap- ie, no entry, no battle map forts

just in case I posted up the wrong file, I've reuploaded

Artifex

[URL="http://www.gamefront.com/files/21201383/EiC+2.0+No+Forts+Submod+%28goes+in+data+folder%29.rar"]http://www.gamefront.com/files/21201880/EiC+DM+AI+%28goes+in+data+folder%29.rar[/URL]

You still have your url tags wrong, the current link takes you back to noforts (and I concede that table does also have effects on the battle map.

It should be this.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21201880/EiC+DM+AI+%28goes+in+data+folder%29.rar

Ah crud, nice spot

Sorry about that

After studying the crap out of Hedge Knight's work, and a bit of play testing, I have gone back over the AI settings, and have what is in my opinion a closer to balanced spending and patrol profile.
    Last edited by Santini; January 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM.