Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayeren! (Armenian)

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Hayeren! (Armenian)

Parev, inch ga chga? Lav em...eem hayareenus avalee lav cheh...

I'm pretty sure that reads, Hey what's up? I'm good, but my armenian isn't better than yours...

I am intent on learning one way or another, and geez, its shocking we don't have a thread already.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Re: Hayareen! (Armenian)

Parev. Eench bes es? Yes, lav em.

Vai intz.

And wouldn't it be "Hayeren"?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by therussian
    Parev. Eench bes es? Yes, lav em.

Vai intz.

And wouldn't it be "Hayeren"?
    Doesn't matter, the transliteration is goofy as it is.

Since its been 3 months, here's my bump.

I highly recommend the program "Discover Armenian" if you are just starting out.
    The first section alone teaches you two thirds of the alphabet (20-ish letters).

In any case, my question to armenians who read this:

Urge es? Nor Angliayen em.

next person, pose your own question, preferably in, uh, arevmudk.

Parev. Montrealen em payts Lipanan dznadz em. Sagayn, hayreniks Hayasdann eh

Here I said:
    Hi, I'm from Montreal buy I was born in Lebanon. But my fatherland is Armenia

I went to an Armenian elementary and secondary school, and learned Armenian alongside French and English. I've also been tought Armenian history and religion.

When you grow up send your kids to an Armenian school if there's any near you.

Parev Reaper!
    Eem Morakuyr (mother's aunt?) Lipanan dznadz eh! !

(I hope I got that right...)

Also, remember what thursday is...!

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

I can speak armenian: ayo! voch!

anyways, can you tell me something very interesting about armenia?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho

We have outlasted every empire you can think of, as far back as 800 BC. It leaves one to wonder who was greater, when it was WE who have survived the countless ages.
    Also, we have a larger army than canada.

and yes, lol, yes, no! very good!

Ara, toon eshi kak es!

I'm just kidding, of course :tooth:

Also, have you noticed (it might not be true) that only Soviet Armenians say "Ara"? I haven't heard one western armenian say Ara.......that is...like in a sentence. Ara, what are you doing?

Oh, and Comrade John forgot to mention that we were the first Christian nation, in 301 AD. For shame John....... For shame...

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Also, have you noticed (it might not be true) that only Soviet Armenians say "Ara"? I haven't heard one western armenian say Ara.......that is...like in a sentence. Ara, what are you doing?
    Yeah that's true. Western Armenians like me don't use "ara" (which means "hey"), but some Western Armenians who don't speak properly mix a few Arabic, Turkish, or French words into the language.

It's true that we outlived all those empires and kept our sovereignty unlike many other nations in the area like Assyrians, Kurds, etc.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

are armenians closely relatated to kurds?

i'm also armenian but it's from a long time ago (my great grand-mother was armenian) but i m very intersted in armenian history

are armenians closely relatated to kurds?
    I'm pretty sure they're not, but don't take my word for it.

Sushiman: Once an Armenian, always an Armenian

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

do armenians tend to stick together wherever they move?

like the irish had irish neighbourhoods in USA and the italians had italian neighbourhoods etc.

well i live in geneva in switzerland and there are quite a few armenians here and the do sort of make a comunity but in the u.S there are loads of armenians and they form comunities i think

Yes, we form more or less organized communities in many cities by opening Armenian schools, community centres, churches, etc. However, Armenians of certain cities stayed truer to their roots than those of other regions.

In the diaspora, Armenians also have lobbies which expand the Armenian message in things like the Armenian genocide, the Nagorno-Karabagh issue, etc.

Two of the largest Armenian communities in the world after our Capitol City, Yerevan (founded, ha, 29 years before the mythical date of Rome), are in the United States, elsewhere however, Churches are the points of congregation for large groups of us.

Currently, the armenian lobby in the US, the ANCA (www.anca.org) is working to block senate confirmation of a new ambassador to Armenia, because he has pro-turkish sentiments, and his appointment seems to be very influenced by the Turkish lobby in the US. The previous Ambassador was removed from office for proclaiming the Armenian Genocide was genocide, later retracting it. Members of both the Republican and Democratic parties have worked to halt the procedings of the new Ambassador.

In any case, Park Hasdoodzo!

(also, armenians are sorta kinda related to Persians. The original conversion to christianity may have been motivated by the fact that if we were pagans, there was little keeping us different culturewise from the Persians, making us easy to absorb and assimilate, and our new faith provided that uniqueness)

did u know that armenia used to be one of the major powers in the middle east and have u ever heard about the cilician armenians who were allied with the crusaders in the holy land and also the byzantines

Yeah.. The so-called Macedonian branch of emperors were said to be of Armenian origin, but ironically they waged wars against Bagratid Armenia.

My ancestors and the ancestors of many diaspora Armenians are of Cilician Armenian origin...

Well, could I ask someone to change the title to Hayaren? Stupid mispelling on my part thanks to my mediocre transliteration abilities.

Also, keep an eye out in the near future for an article in the Vestigia Vestitutalis concerning the history of Armenia.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast